Sign in to follow this  
Holdit

Late to the party but loving XP11

Just now, Janov said:

That is interesting! I think most folks using flightsimulators would rather do it in real life?

The beauty of this is that I can fly in my sim before the real fight, as a matter of fact, I'll be flying to Hilton head next month with some friends, now I have the chance of flying there in the sim and have a 1-1 view of what I'll be seeing on the real flight. Works out great and to make it more interesting, I'll be doing the flight on vatsim. Win win for me 😎

6 minutes ago, devgrp said:

The beauty of this is that I can fly in my sim before the real fight

This is pretty much all I do in XP (other than enjoy building a/cs I will never fly irl). what's your point?

So much so that:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/163612-tx-laminar-quite-a-lot-for-this-edited/&tab=comments#comment-1533298

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, Janov said:

I posted two shots comparing real life and XP11 here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/112307-xp-11-looks-gray-hazy/&tab=comments#comment-2211705

Obviously there is quite a difference, but I think it certainly dispells the "you can´t do VFR in X-Plane" myth.

What's the location? I can take you one with my new cloudless ortho 😄

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, Janov said:

I posted two shots comparing real life and XP11 here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/112307-xp-11-looks-gray-hazy/&tab=comments#comment-2211705

Obviously there is quite a difference, but I think it certainly dispells the "you can´t do VFR in X-Plane" myth.

I don't know who said that. I have XP with tons of ortho from forkboy and lots of orbx te scenery because I fly mostly vfr. It's too much work and space maintaining all of that. It's much better in msfs and it's right out of box. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Warthunder, DCS and X-Plane?

Hahaha... You proved me wrong... Indeed looks like I even have more installed. And hey pssst don't tell the others but I love to play warthunder in arcade mode 😁...

But sadly I see even in this thread now the usual comments coming in.

I think Goran is seeing this in addition with some other background as beeing a renowned dev in xp but thats perfectly fine. Don't know what the "never mind" was about but its gone so I don't care (and meaning that in the good way). 

Don't know why a lot of us are so thin-skinned nowadays?! I just finished a relaxing msfs flight and now jump into my xp for beta testing some upcoming airport and take some touch and goes in the SF260... 😉

Be more relaxed and enjoy our hobby guys (and gals).

Cheers T.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Torsen said:

Hahaha... You proved me wrong... Indeed looks like I even have more installed. And hey pssst don't tell the others but I love to play warthunder in arcade mode 😁...

But sadly I see even in this thread now the usual comments coming in.

I think Goran is seeing this in addition with some other background as beeing a renowned dev in xp but thats perfectly fine. Don't know what the "never mind" was about but its gone so I don't care (and meaning that in the good way). 

Don't know why a lot of us are so thin-skinned nowadays?! I just finished a relaxing msfs flight and now jump into my xp for beta testing some upcoming airport and take some touch and goes in the SF260... 😉

Be more relaxed and enjoy our hobby guys (and gals).

Cheers T.

People are just crazy. I started out with fsx, moved to p3d, then to xp11 when it was released, now msfs. I still have XP installed and occasionally check it out to see the progress as far as updates. I fly all the sims, I just been flying msfs exclusively because it is the only sim I can jump in and do a short flight without tweaking etc and too many mods to make it look good and performs great. P3d and XP took up a lot of my time with mods and tweaks. I get off work and maybe have an hour or so to do a quick flight then get back to life 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I actually have dcs installed. Thats another learning experience. Havent messed with it too much

There's a youtube channel called grimreapers, well worth watching. I'd probably use DCS in place of csgo if/when i could get it running on linux. 

The only thing that annoys me from an msfs perspective is the general ignorance that accompanies many of the comments about it.

First they lay into me because they insist VR doesnt matter

Then I get abuse because I dont believe it will have a useable flight system anytime soon.

After that I get abuse because I point out achieving what they showed in the promo videos would need a really high end machine.

These days I get abuse because I dont rate the difference between msfs ortho or XP ortho as either impressive or important. 

Meanwhile Warthunder, DCS and XP between them cover every aspect of flight sim you can think of to an amazing standard but I'm a heretic for thinking there is more to flight sim than pressing ctrl e to start your engines and flying over your house in different 3d models.

Oh yeah, and all that makes me anti XP, so I get to enjoy regular bans and moderator approval on the org for talking about such things.

AutoATC Developer

If @GoranM and @devgrp continue this inane conversation you'll both be unable to post for a while. Take heed or face the consequences.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If @GoranM and @devgrp continue this inane conversation you'll both be unable to post for a while. Take heed or face the consequences.

I agree with Ray!  Remember...it takes 2 to tango...so 2 will go down in flames! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thank you Ray, sorry to bother you, I don't want to see either take a break from posting, but this ^^^^

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Only because he's not got round to getting himself a VR setup yet.

Once he does I'm sure he will be laughing at everyone who doesn't VR like the rest of us VR junkies do.

not everyone has that kinda money.   Let alone upgrading the current system 

VR is a luxury not a necessity as yet.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

3 hours ago, Torsen said:

Don't know what the "never mind" was about but its gone so I don't care (and meaning that in the good way). 

I'll post it.  I deleted it because of, what I consider, obvious reasons.  As expected, he came in anyway, after I deleted the post.  So here it is.

What I said was, in response to your comment about nothing wrong with having  more than 1 option, and getting what you want from each one.

It's fine to do that, if the individual CAN do it.  I couldn't because, personally, I tried the multi sim experience, with no luck.  I reinstalled FSX, and I was pressing X-Plane keys in FSX, and just got totally lost.  I was too used to X-Plane.  I could have gotten used to it, but I rarely fly in X-Plane for fun...if at all.  I'm too busy testing the aircraft I create.

If other people can do it, I tip my hat and wish them well.  I just couldn't get the hang of it, and stayed with X-Plane.  Overall, my preference is X-Plane.

In saying that, I have always encouraged freedom of choice.  People who have used MSFS for years asking about X-Plane, I would always suggest they try the demo, then make up their mind.  X-Plane isn't for everyone, and they can make a decision based on 1st hand experience, as opposed to reviews from potential biased reviewers.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, GoranM said:

What I said was, in response to your comment about nothing wrong with having  more than 1 option, and getting what you want from each one.

It's fine to do that, if the individual CAN do it.  I couldn't because, personally, I tried the multi sim experience, with no luck.  I reinstalled FSX, and I was pressing X-Plane keys in FSX, and just got totally lost.  I was too used to X-Plane.  I could have gotten used to it, but I rarely fly in X-Plane for fun...if at all.  I'm too busy testing the aircraft I create.

If other people can do it, I tip my hat and wish them well.  I just couldn't get the hang of it, and stayed with X-Plane.  Overall, my preference is X-Plane.

In saying that, I have always encouraged freedom of choice.  People who have used MSFS for years asking about X-Plane, I would always suggest they try the demo, then make up their mind.  X-Plane isn't for everyone, and they can make a decision based on 1st hand experience, as opposed to reviews from potential biased reviewers.

Thanks for clarification... Exactly! And for sure you have to be able to live with some shortcomings of every sim in some aspect. Sometimes hard to do so. I have some neverending discussions with some guy in my VA who is taking all his knowledge from watching videos bashing mostly every useful discussion without ever putting his hand on it. You have to walk a few miles in the shoes to know what talking about. Install it, test it and then you know if you like it or not. With xplane thats easy cause of the demo, for the other sims you have to do some workaround with a one month game pass or money back 30 days thing. But still possible.

Yeah and the totally lost with key presses is a real nightmare. In the end using three sims now I took the best of all key concepts and put together my own thing... in the end the common base is quite big... but getting there is a pain for sure.

keep the blue side up

Cheers T.

• Upvote 2