Sign in to follow this  
TENPATROL

New Nvidia driver 471.11 available

Fixed Issues in this Release

 [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game [3206341]

 [SLI][GeForce GTX 980M]: The system locks with a black screen upon booting into Windows. no repro with 457.51. [3266090]

 [Surround][GeForce RTX 3090]: With Surround active, setting Bezel Correction disables Surround. [3286449]

 [Crossfire][GeForce Experience][FreeStyle]: Freestyle might not work on Crossfire after the game is updated. [200736765]

 [HDR]: Some specific HDMI displays might show some flickering in HDR mode. [200729987]

[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. [3152190]

 [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: Colors may appear incorrect in games if sharpen Freestyle filter is used with HDR enabled. [200658208]

 Display may flicker or lose signal when launching a game on an adaptive-sync VRR monitor in multi-monitor configuration when sharing the same display mode [3314055]

 DisplayPort monitor may not wake from sleep when connected in extended mode with an HDMI 2.1 display that is powered off. [3281998]

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Edited by TENPATROL
  • Like 4

Downloading guess I'll have to reset all my graphics settings.

8 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Downloading guess I'll have to reset all my graphics settings.

You shouldn’t have to.

unless you meant to test performance.

Edited by Tuskin38

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

You shouldn’t have to.

unless you meant to test performance.

whenever I update graphics driver it always sets MSFS to low settings

2 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Weird, doesn’t for me.

Make sure to turn off auto optimization in geforce experience 

• Like 3

I'll pass since it addresses issues I don't care about and have a slow internet currently.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Just tested it for an hour in VR over NZ using the ORBX mesh.

This seems a solid driver. I'm pretty pleased with it.

• Like 2

Installing right now.  Been waiting for that stupid World of Warcraft fix since December!!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

4 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Just tested it for an hour in VR over NZ using the ORBX mesh.

This seems a solid driver. I'm pretty pleased with it.

What was your previous driver ?  Nothing has improved performance since 457.3 in VR for me.

Edited by mobeans10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

What was your previous driver ?  Nothing has improved performance since 457.3 in VR for me.

Have you tried the VR performance wonder trick?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/apparently-200-render-scale-in-pc-settings-does-wonders-for-vr-performance/408242

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

10 hours ago, Todd2 said:

That's because you also install Geforce Experience and leave the "Automatically optimize games" ticked.

If you install the driver only, or have that option unticked, the driver will not change anything.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

8 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

I was using the immediate previous one which was a wee bit glitchy sometimes.

I have a RTX 3070 as my card and this new driver is a good fit for it.

It's a good driver for me with the latest windows KB update as well.  Not sure which one has made improvements (maybe both together?), but I have checked my graphics settings are the same, and I am getting better performance on the ground.  Not so stuttery at low speed when turning off the runway etc., and my GPU utilisation was down a bit  (5-7%) on the same settings.

My issues seemed to be specifically related to shadows when on the ground and below 20 knots - a strange one, but definitely better last night.

I think a few people have this issue, as you can see it on YouTube videos.  Smooth in flight, but choppy when turning on the ground.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.