Sign in to follow this  
jymp

5.2 Why so dark ?

Just purchased 5.2, as title says, why so dark ?, the lighting is way off, is there a fix for this ?,

• Like 1

I think LM cannot fix this problem. Apparently there are obstacles. The problem is old and you have to put up with it.

• Like 1

There is a very helpful work around from ‘BiologicalNanobot’  just search a few pages back in this forum with a similar heading,

regards Bob

You can use FSL " Spotlights" to take care of the issue.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

10 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

I think LM cannot fix this problem. Apparently there are obstacles. The problem is old and you have to put up with it.

I can't remember that the dark lighting was a problem in all previous versions of P3D until v5...  If lighting was OK in older versions, what obstacles is LM facing now that they can't fix this problem?

@jymp Are you referring to the cockpit lighting or to the overall lighting?  The dark cockpit lighting has been a problem since v5 came out (but not in earlier versions). The overall (scenery) lighting is fine IMO, and you can tune it by using HDR settings.

Edited by Afterburner

43 minutes ago, rickgo said:

You can use FSL " Spotlights" to take care of the issue.

Does the on screen GUI work, I also had problems setting up the spotlights, using the latest update.

bob

There is a new menu option : Options / Live Graphics to change lightning on the fly

• Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

5 minutes ago, willy647 said:

There is a new menu option : Options / Live Graphics to change lightning on the fly

Thanks for pointing that out,

regards bob

1 hour ago, onebob said:

Does the on screen GUI work, I also had problems setting up the spotlights, using the latest update

I didnt notice any problem, but that doesnt mean you wont. i'm currently usiing it on about 5 ac. I'm also using the latest version, which is about 2 weeks old.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

50 minutes ago, rickgo said:

I didnt notice any problem, but that doesnt mean you wont. i'm currently usiing it on about 5 ac. I'm also using the latest version, which is about 2 weeks old.

Just had another go and managed to set up some spotlights in the Milviz kingAir 350i, I'm sure I read somewhere that the gui had not been implemented in p3d v5, however noticed there is enable/disable in the addon drop down menu.

Note, Afterburner may be right and the op question may be to do with the overall lighting and not the vc so we may be abit off topic so hopefully jymp may put us on the right track?

bob

I only have PMDG and Aerosoft planes with normal lighting of the pilots' cabins. The rest of the planes are dark.

At this point, the only real fixes seem to be a combination of adjusting HDR, adding your own spotlights (which is not that favorable to me), and adjusting shaders.  Unfortunately, this has been a very long-term problem without really an official LM fix.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Just set the sim to dawn, watch the sun rise above the horizon but the ground is still in darkness, I agree this needs improvement. Pre v5 this could be fixed with a shader mod, but since v5 and the lack of tools to tweak we are stuck.