Sign in to follow this  
vincentrouleau

Airplanes not taking of

Hi,

New to this. I get the following behavior in but P3d and MSFS. I configured all in both P3D & MSFS but in both cases, traffic taxies as it does in RealTraffic. But as planes line up for take off, they just get deleted, although I see that they  do take of in RealTraffic. What am I missing?

Edited by kiek

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

That's because of temporary lack of data about that aircraft (coming from your data provider). A minute later you will probably see that aircraft in the air continuing its flight.

There is nothing you can do about it. Try another airport.

But in the RealTraffic window, I do see them leaving and not vanishing

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

23 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

But in the RealTraffic window, I do see them leaving and not vanishing

Yes I know, but that is something different.

In PSXT I have to remove the aircraft if there is no new position within 30 seconds. In the RT radar window it will last longer because it is just a 2-dimensional picture in which changes of position are much smaller so it can hold an aircraft a little longer even if there is no new position. Same for FR24.

Edited by kiek

I’ve noticed almost always aircraft holding short especially props while they are on the run up , they will disappear only to reappear right after takeoff

I wonder what is the necessity of 30 seconds on the ground

If the 30 seconds has to do with often disappearing aircraft on short final may be an option of synthetic continuation of landing and synthetic taxing to parking could be added 

and changing it on the ground might be something to consider

I also noticed aircraft disappearing in the air only to reappear after a while maybe they could continue on the course and then correct for the new position since in real life aircraft don’t disappear mid air (may be 1K and above AGL)

Best
mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

10 minutes ago, mike stryczek said:

I’ve noticed almost always aircraft holding short especially props while they are on the run up , they will disappear only to reappear right after takeoff

I wonder what is the necessity of 30 seconds on the ground

If the 30 seconds has to do with often disappearing aircraft on short final may be an option of synthetic continuation of landing and synthetic taxing to parking could be added 

and changing it on the ground might be something to consider

I also noticed aircraft disappearing in the air only to reappear after a while maybe they could continue on the course and then correct for the new position since in real life aircraft don’t disappear mid air (may be 1K and above AGL)

Hi mike,

All your suggestions are already in place for a number of years... PSXseconTraffic is already 5,5 years old, as you probably know. 😉 

For instance at the ground:

•  when standing still it keeps the aircraft at its place for another 30 seconds before removing it (otherwise it might block another aircraft)
  •  when the aircrraft is taxiing, PSXT let the aircaft continue in the same direction with the same speed for another 30 seconds. You cannot extend too long  because when you miss a turn it will roll of the taxiway or runway. 
  •  when an aircraft is taking off it continues for 45 seconds...

Same sort of extensions in the air...

The problem today lies in the quality of the traffic data, it looks worse then a week ago. Especially the ground-air transition.

I'll write Balthasar.

Cheers,

Nico

I tried for a while at CYYZ,CYUL,EGLL,EHAM and KLAX. Same behavior. Good amount of traffic on the ground. Nothing in the air. nothing landing of taking off. 

Vincent Rouleau

40 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

I tried for a while at CYYZ,CYUL,EGLL,EHAM and KLAX. Same behavior. Good amount of traffic on the ground. Nothing in the air. nothing landing of taking off. 

That cannot be.. I've just checked at EHAM and have several aircraft in the air. There must be something wrong with your settings. 

Check RT: Simulator in use must be PSXT (that forces Show AIR Tfc).

Is your lateral range set large enough?

Please post a Log.txt file

Edited by kiek

46 minutes ago, kiek said:

😉

The problem today lies in the quality of the traffic data, it looks worse then a week ago.

Niko
I think maybe I am noticing deterioration of quality of data
One would expect improvement but it seems to be that it actually going the other way(!?@$^)
I am losing track of all the adjustments that you’ve done over the years
Thank you for your continuous efforts
Happy landings

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

1 hour ago, kiek said:

That cannot be.. I've just checked at EHAM and have several aircraft in the air. There must be something wrong with your settings. 

Check RT: Simulator in use must be PSXT (that forces Show AIR Tfc).

Is your lateral range set large enough?

Please post a Log.txt file

RT in PSXT. 

range 100 nm . I have plenty of traffic taxiing

logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kin07XmNXR4cB0IThDyOrDErMJHC93AI/view?usp=sharing

Vincent Rouleau

12 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

RT in PSXT. 

range 100 nm . I have plenty of traffic taxiing

logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kin07XmNXR4cB0IThDyOrDErMJHC93AI/view?usp=sharing

Do you stay long enough at an airport? In your log you jump from one airport to another (within 5 minutes). At KLAX you stayed a little bit longer and you had 47 live aircaft at least of which these are certainly not at the ground:

PCM8683  N713FX    BFL->ONT PCM C208 =6= C208 MAL   
SWA4953  N214WN    DEN->ONT SWA B737 =3= B737 SWA  
SCX8914  N828SY    TUS->RIV SCX B738 =3= B738 SCX  
N851UA   N851UA    ORD->SAN UAL A319 =3= A319 UAL
N946WN   N946WN    SMF->ONT SWA B737 =3= B737 SWA  
N81118   N81118    MKE->ONT     GL5T =7=  F100 MDV

What AI package-(s) are you using?

Here is a run in P3d at EHAM 

Screenshot of RT + P3d + LNM 

You can see that in RT, KLJ1262 was at 1100' 2816fpm, but  stuck on the runway before being deleted. So RT did have some data.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UE8Qc1Maaec1vj-WAoUh58Qh79h6DvjW/view?usp=sharing

PSX Logs: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UAcWoMgr9qxVZC-6sF63x8qLrYdS-is2/view?usp=sharing

Vincent Rouleau

2 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

Here is a run in P3d at EHAM 

Screenshot of RT + P3d + LNM 

You can see that in RT, KLJ1262 was at 1100' 2816fpm, but  stuck on the runway before being deleted. So RT did have some data.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UE8Qc1Maaec1vj-WAoUh58Qh79h6DvjW/view?usp=sharing

PSX Logs: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UAcWoMgr9qxVZC-6sF63x8qLrYdS-is2/view?usp=sharing

I'm sorry but now you are talking (again) about the problem you started this thread with, which is that aircraft do not complete their take-off and disappear (while reappearing in the air a minute or so later I'd think...)

This is a known problem that I have reported to RT. It has to do with a (temporary) gap in the data, see other responses in this thread. Also note that the radar screen of RT is 30 seconds ahead of the situation in PSXT so you have to take that into account.

Later in this thread you were saying that you have no airborne aircraft at all...which cannot be true see my previous post. There are hundreds of users of PSXseeconTraffic and if that were the case this Forum would be hot. 😉

Edited by kiek

Version 24.3 released:

• Further fine tuning of the algorithm that takes care of the aircraft during take-off if there is a temporary lack of traffic data, resulting in less disappearances.
  • Like 1

Did another test at EHAM just now. No change. About 10 mins spotting. No airplanes in the air. Logs & LNM snapshot of traffic on ground

https://drive.google.com/file/d/121z4rsmk3UJ6M844ShVWMhFR6f6Qxe4U/view?usp=sharing

Edited by kiek

Vincent Rouleau