Sign in to follow this  
Amrick615

How do I undo "undock window"?

Hello!

Whenever I accidentally press "undock window", I can't ever seem to get back out of it. I end up seeing this: https://imgur.com/a/tgjbIQQ

I only use one ultrawide monitor, I'm guessing undocked view is for multiple monitors. How do I undo this action after I've already clicked it by accident? BTW, clicking "dock window" doesn't fix it 😕

Thank you, 

Amrick

What if you simply click on then the X top right to close the window

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

17 minutes ago, willy647 said:

What if you simply click on then the X top right to close the window

Clicking the X will close the window, but the next time you open the window it will remain undocked. 

9 hours ago, Amrick615 said:

BTW, clicking "dock window" doesn't fix it 😕

Usually clicking dock window will re-dock the panel onto the sim, but I guess not in your case. I believe I also had this issue with P3Dv5 when it was still on V5.0, I was departing out of SMF and I accidentally undocked the ND display and it blacked out; had to restart the sim. Though, I think this issue (would've) been fixed by now, especially now that we're at 5.2. Maybe try asking on the Prepar3D forums, LM's developers might give you some more insight, as if I remember correctly, this undocking panel thing wasn't affecting a whole lot of people. 

Hi, 

Hope you don't mind me reviving this- I'm trying to undock instruments so we can use our cockpit set up- virtual cockpit doesn't really work for this setup.

I'm not finding many models at all that allow me to undock instruments, the m346 allows the mfd's but I can get the hud undock and work, with most right click does not allow undock and no options in the instruments tab?

Is it possible to extract the instruments - i don't mind some file modding if needed...

Thanks

Les