Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Vista Ultimate

Hi Everyone:Had Vista Ultimate installed several days ago and it has eliminated the crashes and disappearing instruement gagues during poor visibility.The frame rates were not affected by the new O.S. but when I tried to also reinstall FS9 it appears that Vista and FS9 are not a happy couple. LOL:)Unless I go back to XP it appears that I am committed to FSX.One other problem I have encountered is no ATC voice chatter or wheel sounds when touching down.All other sounds appear normal.Have a safe one:)Kenny G.

Guest FALC

>Hi Everyone:>>Had Vista Ultimate installed several days ago and it has>eliminated the crashes and disappearing instruement gagues>during poor visibility.>The frame rates were not affected by the new O.S. but when I>tried to also reinstall FS9 it appears that Vista and FS9 are>not a happy couple. LOL:)>Unless I go back to XP it appears that I am committed to FSX.>One other problem I have encountered is no ATC voice chatter>or wheel sounds when touching down.>All other sounds appear normal.>Have a safe one:)>>Kenny G.>Well.... Thats just the final nail in the coffin. Adios Vista, at least 'til the 100th service patch/upgrade. This is starting to sound just like XP when it was 1st released. It was a long time b4 that was straitened out.

That is most certainly a driver issue... most of the hardware companies do not have Vista drivers out yet. I wouldn't pass judgment like this until they do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Kenny:Install FS9 *first* and then install FSX. I have both running without any issue on the same RAID 0 hard drive.What soundcard are you using?

Guest WhiteIce89

>One other problem I have encountered is no ATC voice chatterThat sounds like a codec problem. I've had this very same problem in XP when I messed around and deleted a bunch of default Microsoft codecs. If you use Google, you'll find the solution on Microsoft's support site (at least for XP).

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

Awesome sense of reasoning there.... btw, what issues did you have with XP when it first came out?

I am very sorry, but as fs9 and fsX are very different programs, I honestly do not see how installing one before the other can impact performance ?A good advise to everybody : - keep your harddrive defragmented- keep your drivers updated- keep your virus definitions updated, regularly (maybe the most important)- scan for spyware, webbrowser hijackers and trojan horses (Ad Awere or similar program recommended).As Vista is just appearing. the 2nd rule is very hard to obey right now. I myself will stay away from Vista for the time being (maybe a month or so, I just happen to love new tech and gadgets, drives my girlfriend crazy, because more often then not, they do not work as expected).Off the record, in 4 years, I never had to do a clean install of my gaming rig. Yes, it is connected to the internet, and it is just as fast as the first day I used it (even faster, as I have upgraded the memory and the graphics card).have fun, Jan

>>One other problem I have encountered is no ATC voice>chatter>>That sounds like a codec problem. I've had this very same>problem in XP when I messed around and deleted a bunch of>default Microsoft codecs. If you use Google, you'll find the>solution on Microsoft's support site (at least for XP).Tks. for the replys.Matt (Forkboy2 mentioned it could be a codec problem and has sent me the solution, waiting for my tech to look at it tomorrow.Kenny G.

Well, I think that on release day, XP was 100 times better than Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Win 98 and Win95, and Win3.0.The sound thing does indeed sound like a driver issue. I'll reserve judgment as was said, until the driver thing settles out. Vista will either go the way of Microsoft Bob (I doubt it) or will be a worthy successor to XP (hopefully).RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Again:One thing I forgot to mention when I click onto the FSX Icon to initialize the program, another message pops up as follows:"A Program is running that is incompatible with windows Aero Colour Scheme" then it goes to say that once the program is terminated that it will return to Windows Aero colour.Just a thought that maybe this could be causing the sound problem.Also when the program does boot up into the flash screen there is no theme sound until I click anywhere in the area of the Flash screen, then the theme music begins.Prior to changing over to Vista the theme music started when the flash screen opened up with no prompting of a click.Tks to those who have responded.Kenny G.

Guest alextooi

Hi Kenny.GThis might help you: (From FSX readme file)Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Windows VistaFlight Simulator X is designed to run on the Windows Vista operating system. Flight Simulator X was released prior to the completion of Windows Vista.

Guest 777_lr_2k7

Thank god I dual booted my Vista install. I've been having issue after issue with drivers. I'm not going call Vista crap because it isn't. The applications I

Nvidia and ati will be the biggest wet blankets of this vista upgrade path. Microsoft had better start using a big stick to get those clowns in line because they are making MS look bad.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

That's strange, I know of a guy and myself who had FS9 running fine in Vista RC1....Just don't run it in windowed mode...or maybe it's fullscreen....one of the two....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |