Sign in to follow this  
Richard Muñoz

PSXT Windows 10 Only

I notice the there is a new version, 24.2, which according to the release notes, is for Windows 10 only. I don't have Windows 10 nor do I care to upgrade to it anytime soon . I'm not sure if everyone who has PSXT has Windows 10 but for those who have Windows 7, like me, is the last version, 24.1, the final version??? 

On 6/24/2021 at 9:19 AM, Richard Muñoz said:

I notice the there is a new version, 24.2, which according to the release notes, is for Windows 10 only. I don't have Windows 10 nor do I care to upgrade to it anytime soon . I'm not sure if everyone who has PSXT has Windows 10 but for those who have Windows 7, like me, is the last version, 24.1, the final version??? 

It is indeed.

Windows 10 is 6 years old, Windows 11 has already been announced.  Maybe time to upgrade?

For P3D V5 Windows 10 is the minimum requirement. 

Edited by kiek

16 hours ago, kiek said:

Maybe time to upgrade?

Yeah, if I have the money for it. Windows 7 works perfectly fine for me and I have P3Dv4.5. Again, don't have the funds to get the new P3D version or Microsoft flight sim for that matter.

If I continue to use version 24.1, will it continue to work even though I don't have the updated version??

5 hours ago, Richard Muñoz said:

If I continue to use version 24.1, will it continue to work even though I don't have the updated version??

I have switched off the version check when running under win 7, so you will not be blocked when a new major version is released. So yes you can continue to use it.

if you want to stay up-to-date you can buy cheap W10 tablet and set up network
 you can use the tablet for your charts
What is limitation to it is the new accompany programs are also W10 exclusive
 it could be difficult to create new  aircraft and airport list but for now it works for me ...
H L
mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

On 6/25/2021 at 5:15 PM, mike stryczek said:
What is limitation to it is the new accompany programs are also W10 exclusive
 it could be difficult to create new  aircraft and airport list but for now it works for me ...

Well you can run the AIL and PPG programs networked too.

For your liveries, you could also copy your liveries to the disk of the tablet, run AILG at your tablet to create the AI_liveries.xml, and then remove the liveries from your tablet. AILG only needs to gather information about your liveries, where they really are is irrelevant.

Edited by kiek

8 hours ago, kiek said:

Well you can run the AIL and PPG programs networked too.

For your liveries, you could also copy your liveries to the disk of the tablet, run AILG at your tablet to create the AI_liveries.xml, and then remove the liveries from your tablet. AILG only needs to gather information about your liveries, where they really are is irrelevant.

Great
I will set it up that way next time I need to refresh my files
Thank you
Happy landings

mike
Edited by kiek

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Can I run the latest version of PSXT on my laptop (windows 10), try to get it network so that it can inject the traffic into my desktop (windows 7) when having P3dv4.5 running? I am trying to get your program to work, network, but it is not working. I did following the steps mentioned in the manual. However, when running the Learner program on my laptop, it works fine. But the issue I am experiencing is the network.

12 hours ago, Richard Muñoz said:

Can I run the latest version of PSXT on my laptop (windows 10), try to get it network so that it can inject the traffic into my desktop (windows 7) when having P3dv4.5 running? I am trying to get your program to work, network, but it is not working. I did following the steps mentioned in the manual. However, when running the Learner program on my laptop, it works fine. But the issue I am experiencing is the network.

In a Client-Server situation you also need to run a version of PSXT at the Sim PC in order to let it generate the available liveries and airports for the Client PSXT at your laptop...

You can try the following trick:

• copy P3Dv4.5 to your laptop, run PSXT as a Server.
  • You may now remove your P3D copy.
  • Then change PSXT to be Client.

However, it is easier to update to Windows 11 .. (you know even Windows 10 is already a thing of the past, let alone Windows 7...) 😉

Nico

On 1/24/2022 at 12:13 AM, kiek said:

In a Client-Server situation you also need to run a version of PSXT at the Sim PC in order to let it generate the available liveries and airports for the Client PSXT at your laptop...

You can try the following trick:

• copy P3Dv4.5 to your laptop, run PSXT as a Server.
  • You may now remove your P3D copy.
  • Then change PSXT to be Client.

When you say copy P3Dv4.5, do you mean I need to install it onto my laptop???

What I did was, I copied the liveries folder from AILGenerator and the airport folder from PPG I have, and the P3Dv4.5 scenery folder and placed it them in my laptop. Then, in the parameters.xml file, I inserted the location in where I placed said folders in my laptop. Running version 30.3 on laptop (Windows 10) it works good when I run the Learner program. Made the changes in the SimConnect files and followed the steps as outline in the both manuals (v24.1 & v30.3). When I start up P3Dv4.5 on my desktop (Windows 7) and start PSXT v30.3 on laptop, PXST does not show P3Dv4.5 is running like how it is shown in v24.1 when I start it up on my desktop. Meaning, I am sitting at the gate at a given airport where there is live traffic, yet in v30.3, it shows as if it is waiting for P3Dv4.5 to start. There is no problem when I start PXST v24.1 on desktop. Firewall is turned off and the P3Dv4.5 folder located in the Program Files directory is accessible "shared" in my laptop.

In my desktop, i have v24.1 which doesn't have a Client-Server option for me to check like in v30.3. Does that mean I need to install version 30.3 onto my desktop in order to get PSXT to work via network??

On 1/24/2022 at 12:13 AM, kiek said:

However, it is easier to update to Windows 11 .. (you know even Windows 10 is already a thing of the past, let alone Windows 7...)

Windows 11 is garbage 🙄 Not worth the upgrade, IMO, and its easier said than done to upgrade. Don't have the funds to keep buying a new PC because of the specs requirement of Windows 11. Something tells me that you will go away with your program for Windows 10 like you did for Windows 7. I don't know if everyone will want to have Windows 11 install just to use your program. Anyway........

7 hours ago, Richard Muñoz said:

When you say copy P3Dv4.5, do you mean I need to install it onto my laptop???

No of course not, copy = copy, install is something different ...

What I did was, I copied the liveries folder from AILGenerator and the airport folder from PPG I have, and the P3Dv4.5 scenery folder and placed it them in my laptop

That is not what I told you... besides you should stop using AILGeneartor and PPG, they are obsolete for a number of months already ...

What I did was, I copied the liveries folder from AILGenerator and the airport folder from PPG I have, and the P3Dv4.5 scenery folder and placed it them in my laptop. Then, in the parameters.xml file, I inserted the location in where I placed said folders in my laptop. Running version 30.3 on laptop (Windows 10) it works good when I run the Learner program. Made the changes in the SimConnect files and followed the steps as outline in the both manuals (v24.1 & v30.3). When I start up P3Dv4.5 on my desktop (Windows 7) and start PSXT v30.3 on laptop, PXST does not show P3Dv4.5 is running like how it is shown in v24.1 when I start it up on my desktop. Meaning, I am sitting at the gate at a given airport where there is live traffic, yet in v30.3, it shows as if it is waiting for P3Dv4.5 to start. There is no problem when I start PXST v24.1 on desktop. Firewall is turned off and the P3Dv4.5 folder located in the Program Files directory is accessible "shared" in my laptop.

In my desktop, i have v24.1 which doesn't have a Client-Server option for me to check like in v30.3. Does that mean I need to install version 30.3 onto my desktop in order to get PSXT to work via network??

That is far too complicated for me to follow, sorry , please try the steps I told you, if that does not work out, you will have to update your systems or stop using PSXT, I'm afraid. If you are not using PSXT as intended, i cannot give you support. sorry

Windows 11 is garbage 🙄  Don't have the funds to keep buying a new PC because of the specs requirement of Windows 11. Something tells me that you will go away with your program for Windows 10 like you did for Windows 7. I don't know if everyone will want to have Windows 11 install just to use your program. Anyway........

That's your opinion, you don't need to update to Win 11, PSXT will work on windows 10 as long as it is supported by Microsoft, the same I did with Win 7...

Edited by kiek