Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Getting rid of default AI airlines

I echo what Ray said. When I installed AIG, I installed my most highly desired liveries immediately, and then installed the others over the next few weeks.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

A little bit different approach here. I have a (huge) backup folder with my custom AI traffic (flightplan bgl's, models, repaints, effects, scripts, textures and sounds). I update the flightplans from time to time. If I need to reinstall the sim, restoring traffic takes as longs as copying the files and voila!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Providing you have logins to AvSim and flightsim.com libraries it’s as painless as it can get.

I can never log in to flightsim. My log in works perfectly outside AIG but when working through the program interface, I end up with facing endless CAPTCHA challenges, which never resolve.

However, if I cancel, then I find that it has downloaded in the background and can be loaded.

Odd but it works.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@IanHarrison, odd. I set this up a couple of years ago now and haven’t touched it since.

A question on the AIG forum might resolve it for you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi All

I’ve just reinstalled everything on a new computer and AIG asked if I wanted to turn off the default AI and did it automatically...

Cheers

G

I have AIG and I get the expected Tubliners in to my home port of KPNS. I have pored through a ton of files and post on their web site but don't really see a solution for lite GA traffic such as Cessna and Piper. What am I missing here or what have you guys found as a solution to this problem.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

7 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I have pored through a ton of files and post on their web site but don't really see a solution for lite GA traffic such as Cessna and Piper.

The HTAI Cessna Singles pack was awesome in its day and the models have been converted over legally in the freeware FTX AI traffic packages for P3d v4 which also work in V5 of course. Use he updated models in with the original HTAI pack and you have Cessna piston singles all over the globe. Same can be said with the freeware Ultimate GA packs for the various Cessna Twins, Global Express, Gulfstreams,  Challengers, Lears etc. There's tons of amazing packages out there.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

17 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The HTAI Cessna Singles pack was awesome in its day and the models have been converted over legally in the freeware FTX AI traffic packages for P3d v4 which also work in V5 of course. Use he updated models in with the original HTAI pack and you have Cessna piston singles all over the globe. Same can be said with the freeware Ultimate GA packs for the various Cessna Twins, Global Express, Gulfstreams,  Challengers, Lears etc. There's tons of amazing packages out there.

Thanks for at least taking the time to attempt to offer advice on this questions. Please! do not take the rest of this post as being directed at you.

Being just kind of a normal guy who is amazed that I can somehow stumble through getting Prepar3d V5 to run at all, your answer got me to thinking as well as the fact that you were the only one who even took a shot at providing some information and I do appreciate that. Now here is how I digested your answer. First of all, you mentioned that the HTAI pack which had been converted to FTX AI packages for prepar3d and that some how means that they will work in Prepar3d V5. You say the same is true for Ultimate GA pack and that "There are tons of amazing packages out there". I have no reason to doubt one thing you said but my point is that for the past 2 or 3 weeks I have spent quite a lot of time searching the internets for just such golden nuggets. My goal was to try and figure out how to get good GA AI with out doing the old run V4 and V5 both and copy files from one sim to the other. Now I may not be the sharpest knife in the kitchen, but I failed to find one set of actual instructions on where to find the afore mentioned "golden nuggets" or how to get them from "out there" to my Prepar3d V5 install and working. Now to be honest, I have V4 on my machine and it takes about 2 min to copy and paste a couple of files over and you have something like UTL creating AI all over the place. I am posting this only because I can't tell you how many different folks that we looking just for such information.

My question is for those who read this and not for Dave. Why do we have to make things so hard. There are a lot of folks doing payware and freeware that just leave their customers or followers dead in the water after a new release version of our flight sims. You see evidence of this all over the web. Now sometimes getting your software to move to a new platform is just not possible or at least not profitable. I get it. However, when one considers a product for example UTL, I can not imagine that a simple routine to have a look at your computer and see for example Prepar3d V5 and add a folder for you. It just can't be that hard. Just for the sake of supporting the hobby it would be nice to see all developers be a bit more careful about not leaving the users of their creations swinging in the wind if possible. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/