On 12/16/2021 at 3:27 PM, micstatic said:

I'm actually in the market for a decent quality MCP for the 737.  I have an airbus skalarki one and love it.  But all the 737 ones I've seen look low quality.  Or decent ones sold out.  Anybody have any pointers?

This is what I have

https://www.cpflight.com/en/flight-simulators-hardware-boeing-737-series.php

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

looks nice.  Did you mount it in something?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Not yet I just have it on my desk but it is in a bracket they sell so that both efis are attached to it and all connected together with 1 usb cable. All their modules daisy chain together so you end up with a single usb cable. Or you can have ethernet i think.

17 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Not yet I just have it on my desk but it is in a bracket they sell so that both efis are attached to it and all connected together with 1 usb cable. All their modules daisy chain together so you end up with a single usb cable. Or you can have ethernet i think.

Thanks.  So doesn't it move around when you try to use the controls?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have been watching Goflight carefully.  Through the past few years (appox.), the company's website has stated that the company is shutdown due to the local virus controls.  Their site, during this period, listed many of their products as being unavailable.  However, in the past weeks (plus) their site now lists all of the products as being available and having specific prices.  Nothing about a change in business status, nor obvious subjects such as msfs 2020 compatibility.  

Is the company trying to come back to life?  I hope so, but I am also sitting on what might be a $3,0 corporate pilot hardware doorstop?  Goflight -- I would like to see you relaunch but in my opinion, you owe your existing clients a great deal more candor,

Brian

Vancouver, Canada

Edited by aatd

I know this is an old post, but want to add a little. I have Goflight MCP and Advanced Throttle Quadrant installed in a full custom cockpit design. The throttle was not made with good components (crappy pots), and have needed replacement potentiometers for several years now. Website says the pots are in stock, but threats of 10 percent restocking fees for cancellations and no response from website is a major STOP POINT for me. Tried emailing/calling several times with no response. MCP works great with no issues.

Try this site for quality parts. Might take some time, but at least you have a reliable source for sim parts at reasonable prices... https://www.flightsimpm.com/

Everybody should look to other sources for simulator parts. MY 2 CENTS!!  Larry

• Like 1

Larry Cox

I know this is an old post but here's my observations…

As of Aug. 13, 2022, a Google Maps search shows a different company located at GoFlight's location: 163 SW Freeman Ave Ste B, Hillsboro, OR 97123-3860.

Trying to open https://goflightinc.com/ results in a Windows Defender unsafe website warning, continuing to the "unsafe site" brings up an "Account Suspended" notice.

Sadly, I think these guys and gals are done.

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2022 at 3:40 PM, finchkh said:

Sadly, I think these guys and gals are done.

I agree. What I find difficult is they couldn’t employ someone to post a message on their website announcing the company was closing down. It’s like they’ve just disappeared off the planet.

I’ve had their modules for 19 years and they still behave perfectly. I don’t know what’s happened to their stock. Surely another company could take over.

Steve at Pollypot supports all GoFlight kit and has plans to create a new program that emulates the GoFlight one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I, too, thank they’re gone for good unfortunately.  Have been trying to get a hold of them for about two years for an MCP repair - several of the number segments on my altitude window blank out unless I really push down on the screen or wedge something between the screen and metal plate.  Have tried looking into my own repair but can’t determine what’s wrong or where to source parts (not to mention I’m definitely a novice when it comes to circuitry).  Would have been happy to spend money for a repair, but not quite $500+ for a whole new unit.

Quite a shame.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

On 9/4/2022 at 2:47 PM, CaptKornDog said:

I, too, thank they’re gone for good unfortunately.  Have been trying to get a hold of them for about two years for an MCP repair - several of the number segments on my altitude window blank out unless I really push down on the screen or wedge something between the screen and metal plate.

The owner of Fulcrum  - @tutmeister - came to a flight sim meeting a couple of years ago and cleaned my MCP specifically the vertical speed dial which was dirty and spiking. For any electrical engineer it should be possible to repair your MCP. Probably just dirt.

I wonder what happened to all the unsold kit. Shame they couldn’t even post a final message explaining the reasons for the closure. And why no buyout? It’s quality kit. Mine still working after 19 years.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

To Ray's point about the product being of good quality and that its odd there didn't seem to be any buyer interest, ...there was.  I made multiple efforts, directly and via what should have been connected third parties to open discussions about buying the business going back almost two years now.  I never received a reply, except from some of the third parties, stating that they never received a reply.   I might, at this point, be still interested, but it now involves nothing more than buying the hard assets (inventory and customer list) and any protected designs, as I believe the goodwill is effectively of nil value, that it will be up to a new owner to construct a positive reputation up from what is likely its current negative state.  There would also be discount recognizing that the hardware/software is currently non-compliant with one of the largest simulator platforms, MSFS 2020.  All of these considerations would need to be explored and incorporated in a deal, perhaps along with a one-time bonus incentive based exit payment to the seller should the business hit stability or growth objective(s), say within its first year post-acquisition.

Obviously, a lot to consider, but there was no hope of that unless the current owner expresses an interest by responding to a buyer solicitation.  We did explore, but could not find evidence that the business might be bought out of bankruptcy, either because its corporate assets/liabilities are commingled and fully personally guaranteed by one or more of its current owner(s), or that it didn't have any uncovered liabilities that could have triggered one.  Don't know?

I do not know if any other party has attempted to reach out to the company re; an acquisition, nor if they were able to effect a response from the current owners.

Its too bad really,

Brian

Edited by aatd
clarity
  • Like 1

I also have GoFlight modules. 11 of them. I also too believe they are very well built and will provide good hardware service for many years to come. Like Ray, I have also relied on Pollypott GIT software to keep them alive. Steve has done an outstanding job there. However, it appears to me that most of the GIT support will continue to come in Steve's downloadable premade profiles, most notably for PDMG aircraft. 

I'm faced with a decision as to the best path to take a "deep dive" to learn what is beyond the premade profiles. If anyone has ever read through the manuals for his Detective programming software or seen the video's for the same, you will soon learn the learning curve is not slight.

I'm of the understanding that both FSUIPC and Spad.next also can be utilized to drive buttons, switches and rotaries between the GoFlight units and your flightsim platform. I'm hoping others will agree it would be very beneficial to have a thread here that all of us can share resources, experiences and ask questions.

I'm hopeful Ray and the gang would agree. While Polypott is well supported and Steve provides support, going beyond the prebuilt  profiles is pretty much a "you're on your own" effort. As Ray pointed out, Steve's focus is in another direction with his virtual hardware emulation.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:24 AM, Radial9 said:

I'm faced with a decision as to the best path to take a "deep dive" to learn what is beyond the premade profiles. If anyone has ever read through the manuals for his Detective programming software or seen the video's for the same, you will soon learn the learning curve is not slight.

The Detective procedure does take some time to learn. It’s worth it though because I have programmed several switches / buttons to emulate engine fuel flow, starting engines and door operation on third party aircraft.

I’m sure you’re younger than me so it’s not beyond impossible. As with all powerful utilities the learning curve is steep but the rewards considerable.

I’ve mastered the Flight Engineer panel in FS Labs Concorde. Conquer that and the world is your oyster. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Folks, does anyone have the GFConfigSetup_2_28_0.zip file downloaded to their machines?  I just bought a TQ6 second hand and realized belatedly that I need this to configure the throttle to work...

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz