Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

ORBX Free Icelandic Mesh

Anyone added it yet?  

"

Created from carefully blended DEM data, Iceland Mesh is a 100% self-contained product with no changes made to the default mesh or any other files. With virtually no noticeable performance impact, each LOD is consistent without any blurring and minimal LOD morphing when flying over the terrain of Iceland.

Compatible with the World Update 5: Nordics.

Login to download. 

https://orbxdirect.com/product/iceland-mesh-msfs

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Yes, but I haven't flown there yet as I first need to figure out how to fly a DC-6 that far.  I'm on short hops while I learn it.

Expect Iceland to be putting in an appearance on a Saturday flight in the not distant future though.

• Like 1

I would enjoy sharing some short hops with the DC-6.  Both the DC-6 and Iceland look pretty good. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

16 hours ago, buzzbee said:

I would enjoy sharing some short hops with the DC-6.  Both the DC-6 and Iceland look pretty good. 

Sounds like a brilliant idea...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

The DC-6 was flown extensively by TAL out of Miami international on scheduled freight routed through the US Virgin Islands well into the 1990s.   Scheduled air freight routes under FAA part 121 to St Martin St Croix, St. Thomas and Puerto Rico.  They also flew charter service to the Bahamas.   They operated out of what was known as corrosion corner at KMIA.  

I am planning a 1:00pm departure to Freeport Bahamas.  Takeoff weight around 80,0000 pounds.  Get to Freeport in about an hour.  

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Interesting. 1:00 PM in which time zone? 

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider