Sign in to follow this  
light_blue_yonder

Blurry Ground Texture

Hello guys,

I've had this issue pop up for a while on my new hardware, and asking over on the official LM forum yielded no results.

I have the classic autogen not loading/ground texture blurry problem when flying. The strange thing is, no matter how low I turn the settings down with locked 30 fps, the issue does not improve in any way. Even more strangely, this issue exists both on P3D V4.5 and V5.1/5.2

I have tried:

- Lowering settings/lower fps limits

- Switching SMT (AMD's hyperthreading) on and off

- Affinity masks

- TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT and TextureMaxLoad changes

- Higher FFTF settings

None of these seem to even alleviate the issue in any way.

My hardware is:

Ryzen 9 5950X running at around 4.8 Ghz stable

RX 6900 XT (issue was there on my GTX 1060 6GB as well)

32GB Corsair 3200Mhz RAM

I have tried clean install, clearing shader cache, deleting and rebuilding .cfg file; yet even with a fresh install of V5.2, this issue is still there.

I'm honestly at my wits end, because it seems like everything I can try I have already tried. Are there any other users with a similar sort of hardware (i.e. relatively low-clocked CPU with lots of cores) that can suggest some setting/troubleshooting steps? 

Thanks in advance for any inputs!

Haoning Qu

I had the same problem, even in low n slow planes. Additionally, the blurred textures looked to be detached from the rest, with a white line/gap visible. Anyway, I turned off Dynamic Texture Steaming (or whatever it's called), and the problem seems to be gone now.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

It happened to me today, arriving MK Studios GCTS on p3dv5.2 HT off, unlimited fps. Then locked to 30 (something that on previous version worked loading textures in 5 sec aprox) but made no difference. Then tried to force reload textures by reducing texture res one notch but it stucks on 20% every time and have to kill p3d in task manager.

Sergio Naiberg

19 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Additionally, the blurred textures looked to be detached from the rest, with a white line/gap visible. Anyway, I turned off Dynamic Texture Steaming (or whatever it's called), and the problem seems to be gone now.

I believe that the white line is a result of mesh not loading, which as far as I understand, is part of the same "procedure" as loading textures. I have tried disabling Dynamic Texture Streaming, but my measly 1060 6GB ran out of VRAM all the time, but I will try again with the 6900 XT. I'm not too convinced that the texture streaming is the problem though, since this problem was present in P3DV4.5 as well.

2 hours ago, SergioN said:

Then locked to 30 (something that on previous version worked loading textures in 5 sec aprox) but made no difference. Then tried to force reload textures by reducing texture res one notch but it stucks on 20% every time and have to kill p3d in task manager.

I personally never had the stuck loading problems, but limiting the fps did also make no difference for me.

Haoning Qu

2 hours ago, SergioN said:

It happened to me today, arriving MK Studios GCTS on p3dv5.2 HT off, unlimited fps. Then locked to 30 (something that on previous version worked loading textures in 5 sec aprox) but made no difference. Then tried to force reload textures by reducing texture res one notch but it stucks on 20% every time and have to kill p3d in task manager.

I've just resolve the texture loading. It was just as simple as giving the scenery a higher priority and put it above orbx stuff, interestingly "orbx libs verify files" sets it again at the bottom and here's where it fails to load. The scenery is MK Studio GCTS bought from orbx central BTW. Hope it helps.

Sergio Naiberg

So, after a few months, my solution was this:

Better hardware.

Nothing in the configurations and settings were helping, but a system upgrade did help. I still have no idea what suddenly caused the blurry textures, so there isn't really any particular solution I can contribute.

Haoning Qu

In my case I had the same texture blur issue with P3D 5.2 despite having an RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB  but I solved it by inserting in Prepar3D.cfg in [TERRAIN] the parameter TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP = 10 with HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES = 1.

The loading of the scenario becomes longer and the VRAM is doubled but it never exceeds 8 Gb on the most complex scenarios with the textures that are OK on the whole
scenario displayed at any flight altitude.

For those who do not have a performing GPU, they can try to insert TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP = 9 which occupies less VRAM and check if there is a reduction in blurry textures.

• Like 1

i forgot about that bugger ! lol 

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !