Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Windows 11

2 hours ago, styckx said:

One VERY important thing about Windows 11. YOU MUST have TPM enabled in your bios. If not.. No Windows 11 for you.. And trust me. This requirement is a GOOD thing. 

Wow! I know Microsoft like integrating MSFS2020 into the OS but to add a Throttle/Prop/Mixture as a "must have" is very forward thinking! Do you think this will count? https://uk.turtlebeach.com/pages/velocity-one-flight

• Like 6

Just a heads up for anyone with a Maximus Hero XIII - do a search in your Bios screen for PTT and enable it. I spent ages looking for TPM before finding out it is actually called PTT on this MB. Now I'm getting the 'This PC meets all the system requirements' etc. 

• Like 2

edit, this is an Intel thing not an Asus MB thing, apologies. My MB does not have a TPM module as standard but it doesn't matter because my i9-11900K has PTT which is the inbuilt version.

2 minutes ago, 6297J said:

edit, this is an Intel thing not an Asus MB thing, apologies. My MB does not have a TPM module as standard but it doesn't matter because my i9-11900K has PTT which is the inbuilt version.

@6297J  Genuine thanks for the extra info on this.  I have a Maximus Hero motherboard (IX I think), so I will look for this tonight.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hi. I have an MSI Z270 MB, and in BIOS settings, I see "TPM Module 2.0 found". I enable it and run the Windows health check, but still tells me not compatible. Another great Microsoft tool that fails to tell you "WHY" not compatible...!! Regards. Anybody who is knowledgable could maybe check my specs in my signature..I seem to meet the requirements.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Just a heads up, when i ran the checker it reported my MSI M570 Pro was not compatible with Win 11. I checked the bios and it was simply a case of enabling it. So do check if you get knocked back at first.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Just a heads up, when i ran the checker it reported my MSI M570 Pro was not compatible with Win 11. I checked the bios and it was simply a case of enabling it. So do check if you get knocked back at first.

What is the "checker"?

I have a 10700k CPU in an ASUS Mobo  PRIME Z490-P - is this OK to install Windows 11?

Edmundo Azevedo

..to my surprise  the checker says my PC does not meet the requirements - could it be that I have to enable the TPM module in Bios?

Edmundo Azevedo

12 minutes ago, ega said:

..to my surprise  the checker says my PC does not meet the requirements - could it be that I have to enable the TPM module in Bios?

Yes.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

6 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Yes.

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

3 hours ago, styckx said:

Thankfully the mobo I choose has it built it and simply had to turn it on to Firmware Mode for the compatibility check to pass.. Seriously though I applaud Microsoft for this requirement. Yes sure it's going to cause a METRIC word not allowed TON of moaning but the security of it is going to out measure the moaning. I can respect the fact they're in full securing your data mode. Satya Nadella is light years better than the word not allowed Ballmer was as CEO. The moves he made shows he "gets it" and is forward thinking.. Ballmer was a blowhard riding the coattails of Microsofts past

Hi,

A question, please.

I have a Rog Strix Z390-E gaming. It has the socket for the TPM chip, but it hasn't got the chip.

But, in the BIOS I have the following option: "TPM device selection": "Discrete TPM" or "Firmware TPM".

Now it is on "Discrete" by default. I assume that if I activate "firmware" nothing will happen, because the TPM chip is not installed. Am I all right?

Thank you in advance.

Archlinux is not supported in Secureboot.
My main OS is Linux, Secureboot is disabled in my bios !

Microsoft is really kind to us : I can keep using Windows 10.
I will probably format my WIndows partition when Windos 10 support will end. I will only loose FS 2020 !

2 hours ago, styckx said:

No. This is basically just a preparation thread. It's not due out till fall. . It'll be a free upgrade for Windows 10 users if they meet the requirements

Yes and you will need a Microsoft account to upgrade to windows 11. (Required)

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case