Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Windows 11

5 hours ago, Funky D said:

If it doesn't work for some reason, you can just set the setting back. The backup USB would be if you enabled Bitlocker, which isn't related to any of the above (other than it needs TPM to function).

It's also likely Windows is already running in UEFI mode... Open the Device Manager and look for Firmware on the list. Expand that and open System Firmware. It will say the firmware is UEFI compatible if Windows is installed in UEFI mode.

Thank you! 

I looked at Firmware, and it seems like Windows is running in UEFI mode. It says "on Microsoft UEFI-Compliant System"

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

What is TPM?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What is TPM?

It's the same thing we've talked about the last 11 pages in this discussion. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

55 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What is TPM?

It's the same thing we've talked about the last 11 pages in this discussion. 

And

spacedyemeerkat

answered to your question page 1

Today, Linux is really simple and powerful. I do not understand why most people still want Windows or a Mac !

Today, I can run most gui Linux apps under Windows. Windows, another Linux distro in the future ? Who knows ! (11 years ago Linux was a cancer for M$)
It's much easier to run most Windows apps under Linux !

I would enjoy FS 2020 under Linux ! But this will probably never happen.

Secureboot ? Not for hackers. But good idea to shut doors for other OS as many users do not know how to disable it !

We will not be able to upgrade a VirtualBox W10 machine (no one mentioned this) to W11 - this could be interesting for testing purposes !
As Fs 2020 does not run on such a system, it's not a problem here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Latest news is that Windows 11 will not be available as a free upgrade until later in 2022. Only new PC's will ship with it once it launches. So we have all got a year or so to figure out compatibility issues. That also means MS have a year to keep changing the goal posts on what will make a system eligible for the upgrade. Don't lose sleep over it.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

12 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Latest news is that Windows 11 will not be available as a free upgrade until later in 2022. Only new PC's will ship with it once it launches. So we have all got a year or so to figure out compatibility issues. That also means MS have a year to keep changing the goal posts on what will make a system eligible for the upgrade. Don't lose sleep over it.

ASUS put my mind at ease. Wrote to them over the weekend and response received today.

------------------------------------------

Customer Service Feedback

Dear Mr

Thank you for your trust in our ASUS support.

My name is Allen and it is my pleasure to help you with the issue.

Please feel free to rate our service according to the solution provided in the questionnaire that will be sent to you shortly after our reply to your inquiry.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with your Asus X99-A II product. This motherboard will not support Windows 11 because the old CPU's are not supported in Windows 11:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors

The TPM module is not even that important, the CPU is.
We also invite you to access the MyAsus application, meant to make the most efficient use of your Asus product:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040339
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045650/
We hope that the given information will be useful and we wish you a great day.

Best Regards,
Allen
ASUS Technical Support

-------------------------------------------

Windows 11 - I shall see you sometime in the future - whenever my next upgrade comes up ... 😄

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

21 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Depends where you look. This October as an upgrade is what I'm seeing. 

43 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

I am a Windows insider from day one from what I've read I will be eligible for Windows 11 to continue but that said I have to install Windows 11 to retain my Windows for free - correct me if I m wrong trying to get a hold of Microsoft support but web chats not working 

Rich Sennett

13 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I am a Windows insider from day one from what I've read I will be eligible for Windows 11 to continue but that said I have to install Windows 11 to retain my Windows for free - correct me if I m wrong trying to get a hold of Microsoft support but web chats not working 

You probably need to purchase and install Windows 11 before your web chats will work properly. Until then, you will just have to stay in the "Windows 10 Losers Club" with the rest of us :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

You probably need to purchase and install Windows 11 before your web chats will work properly. Until then, you will just have to stay in the "Windows 10 Losers Club" with the rest of us :wink:

I all ready purchased Windows Pro - think it was around 325$ purchased from Microsoft themselves and I am eligible for upgrades for free until they state otherwise - not worried

Rich Sennett

Hmm, I purchased my copy of Window 10 Pro from Microsoft for $0.00 through their own update offer from Windows 7.

1 minute ago, Reader said:

Hmm, I purchased my copy of Window 10 Pro from Microsoft for $0.00 through their own update offer from Windows 7.

I bought Windows 7 Pro before there actually was an insider program and then jumped on Windows 10 immediately 🙂 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

10 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I bought Windows 7 Pro before there actually was an insider program and then jumped on Windows 10 immediately 🙂 

It's funny how the hate of Windows has cascaded along each version

Windows XP = Hated when it first came out WINDOWS 2000 IS GOD

Windows 7 = Hated when it first came out XP IS GOD

Windows 8 = Hated when it first came out WINDOW 7 IS GOD!

Windows 10 = Hated when it first came out WINDOWS 8 IS GOD and then weird ones who still use an unsupported Windows 7

It's seems the masses always find a way to hate, then "over my cold dead hands" Windows versions. WindowsMe is the real only one that deserves the hate it ever received.  

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

11 minutes ago, Reader said:

I bought a Gateway laptop that ran XP but had an upgrade coupon for Win7 when it released. I then used the Win7 on my desktop and upgraded to Win10 for Free. Win11 will be a Free upgrade for that also. I have no idea whatever became of the old Gateway though.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD