Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeYRight

Anybody still here? I need your help with a couple of issues

Just discovered this game (0 years after its release). Looks great for my old computer under Windows XP, but I got 2 problems.

The 1st is, you know it, LIVE. None of the solutions I found in the internet worked for me. The Microsoft page where you could "buy" the free game and get the key, no longer exists. Keys like "xxxxx-.." don't work (as well as keys related to someone's profiles w/o their profiles). And I cannot use the toolkit as it requires .net framework 4, which refuses to install on my system (I have no idea why, I tried dotnet repair tools, but all in vain). So, while I have all DLC,, Alaska, most of the islands and Steaman are unavailable for me.

The 2ns issue is "Checkride in RV" mission.  I have the plane in my hangar and can free fly it, but when I start this mission, I am on my feet w/o a plane in an empty airport.I can walk and run, and that's all/

Any suggestions?

GeorgeYRight

1. Welcome to AVSIM 

2. Not helpful I know, Try MSFS2020. I do not have nor ever had Flight so I really cannot help you with that platform.

Hope you get the help you need

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

4 hours ago, GeorgeYRight said:

Any suggestions?

Where is your location?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 hours ago, GeorgeYRight said:

Just discovered this game (0 years after its release). Looks great for my old computer under Windows XP, but I got 2 problems.

The 1st is, you know it, LIVE. None of the solutions I found in the internet worked for me. The Microsoft page where you could "buy" the free game and get the key, no longer exists. Keys like "xxxxx-.." don't work (as well as keys related to someone's profiles w/o their profiles). And I cannot use the toolkit as it requires .net framework 4, which refuses to install on my system (I have no idea why, I tried dotnet repair tools, but all in vain). So, while I have all DLC,, Alaska, most of the islands and Steaman are unavailable for me.

The 2ns issue is "Checkride in RV" mission.  I have the plane in my hangar and can free fly it, but when I start this mission, I am on my feet w/o a plane in an empty airport.I can walk and run, and that's all/

Any suggestions?

Hi

I have Flight installed on my main desktop and it was installed in my notebook too, but few monts ago I uninstalled it from my laptop.

Now I tried to find a way to install it back to my laptop, but was unable to do that in windows live.

So, I went to Steam and found I could install it from there and I don't know was it because I had many years ago bought some content to Flight from steam, but not the main program.

When I launched Flight it asked me to sign in to my Windows Live account and after that it downloaded my all content, Including Alaska and all my planes.

I hope this helps someone.

-eelis-

1. I don;t like that anyone sees my IP. How can I hide it?

2. I've never bought anything on Steam and never will. I am looking for free options only. I have a profile on Live (or at least where the game sends me to sign in), but no product key from there. Is there any version w/o :Live limitation which I ca download for free?

3. I got no emails that I had replies in this topic, despite the resp. option checked. Nor in spam nor in trash. (I got the registration email normally, however.) How to fix it?

4/ Those who have the game running - what about the checkride in RV-6 mission?

@GeorgeYRight, my apologies. No-one can see your IP address except staff. I've now hidden all discussion about it. It isn't visible to members.

You are shown as being subscribed to this topic so should be receiving emails. Check with your email provider that noreply@avsim.com isn't being blocked.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, GeorgeYRight said:

4/ Those who have the game running - what about the checkride in RV-6 mission?

Did you bought the RV-6? If I remember right you can't fly it if not bought. I'm gonna check this.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis

16 hours ago, eelis said:

Did you bought the RV-6? If I remember right you can't fly it if not bought. I'm gonna check this.

-eelis-

I didn't buy anything, just downloaded for free/ But I can fly the plane in a free flight mode. I only cannot get it for the checkride mission.

I received 2 messages from noreply@avsim.com during my registration (and they are not marked as spam), but not s single message from this address since then/ My mailbox is at gmail.com.

Well the RV-6 checkride was working for me. That is weird you can free fly it, but not fly missions. Stearman and Icon were only free of charge planes, all other you had to pay, maybe that's the problem, though why it lets you free fly it, makes no sense?

You said you don't have the islands, do you mean Hawaii islands? Could it be something to do with that, I remember the RV-6 came with the Hawaiian islands pack? There is something odd going on in your Flight installation...

-eelis-

Edited by eelis

In your Settings/Notifications, you may need to uncheck the middle one that sends an email every time you get a reply on your post that you are following.  Mine is checked, since I don't really follow any posts.

Screenshot 2021-06-28 5.55.12 AM.png

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, I have only the biggest Hawaii island. I have the World menu with Alaska, but it requires Live.

I installed first the initial game version, then the updated one Then I found in the internet all DLC and copied them to the game folder (rewriting FileLocator.config, but the only difference was the list of DLC), and then the game said "installation is corrupt" All islands became available on the game map, and all planes were selectable in the hangar and flyable (except for Stearmab because of Live), but in flight the was no land at all - only water I reinstalled the game and got the result I have now = no "corrupt"warning, all planes available, all non-Live content available (including for jobs), but only one island is green and that bug with RV mission.

This us my FileLocator.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FileLocator xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<MappingEntry LocationType="Directory"  PhysicalLocation="[MyDocuments]\[ApplicationName]\Shared"                     VirtualPath="Documents"       Writable="true" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Directory"  PhysicalLocation="[MyDocuments]\[ApplicationName]\Players"                    VirtualPath="PlayerDocuments" Writable="true" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Directory"  PhysicalLocation="[MyPictures]\[ApplicationName]"                             VirtualPath="Pictures"        Writable="true" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Directory"  PhysicalLocation="[MyVideos]\[ApplicationName]"                               VirtualPath="Videos"          Writable="true" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Directory"  PhysicalLocation="[ApplicationData]\Microsoft\[ApplicationName]"              VirtualPath="AppData"         Writable="true" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Directory"  PhysicalLocation="[LocalApplicationData]\Microsoft\[ApplicationName]\Shared"  VirtualPath="LocalAppData"    Writable="true" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Directory"  PhysicalLocation="[LocalApplicationData]\Microsoft\[ApplicationName]\Players" VirtualPath="PlayerData"      Writable="true" />

<MappingEntry LocationType="Directory"  PhysicalLocation="Core"                                                       VirtualPath="Core" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="CoreContent.pak"                                            VirtualPath="Core" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="CorePropDefs.pak"                                           VirtualPath="Core" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="Languages\CoreContent.[LocaleName].pak"                     VirtualPath="Core" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="HawaiiContent.pak"                                          VirtualPath="Hawaii" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="Languages\HawaiiContent.[LocaleName].pak"                   VirtualPath="Hawaii" />

<MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="Updates\CoreContent1.pak"                                   VirtualPath="Core" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="Updates\CorePropDefs1.pak"                                  VirtualPath="Core" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="Updates\Languages\CoreContent1.[LocaleName].pak"            VirtualPath="Core" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="Updates\HawaiiContent1.pak"                                 VirtualPath="Hawaii" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="Updates\Languages\HawaiiContent1.[LocaleName].pak"          VirtualPath="Hawaii" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\AlaskaWildernessPack\Content\Content.pak"               VirtualPath="AlaskaWildernessPack" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\AlaskaSharedResources\Content\Content.pak"              VirtualPath="AlaskaSharedResources" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\RedTailsMustang\Content\Content.pak"                    VirtualPath="RedTailsP-51TuskegeeMustang" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\ColdClimateWildernessLC\Content\Content.pak"            VirtualPath="ColdClimateWildernessLC" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\CubCraftersCarbonCubDeluxe\Content\Content.pak"         VirtualPath="CubCraftersCarbonCubDeluxe" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\CurtissC-46Commando\Content\Content.pak"                VirtualPath="CurtissC-46Commando" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\CurtissP-40Warhawk\Content\Content.pak"                 VirtualPath="CurtissP-40Warhawk" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\GriddedUrbanLC\Content\Content.pak"                     VirtualPath="GriddedUrbanLC" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\HawaiianAdventurePack\Content\Content.pak"              VirtualPath="HawaiianAdventurePack" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\MauleM-7-260COrion\Content\Content.pak"                 VirtualPath="MauleM-7-260COrion" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\MitsubishiA6M2Zero\Content\Content.pak"                 VirtualPath="MitsubishiA6M2Zero" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\NorthAmericanP-51Mustang\Content\Content.pak"           VirtualPath="NorthAmericanP-51Mustang" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\SharedResources\Content\Content.pak"                    VirtualPath="SharedResources" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\TemperateClimateWildernessLC\Content\Content.pak"       VirtualPath="TemperateClimateWildernessLC" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\UniversalLC\Content\Content.pak"                        VirtualPath="UniversalLC" />
  <MappingEntry LocationType="Zip"        PhysicalLocation="DLC\Corsair\Content\Content.pak"                            VirtualPath="Corsair" />

</FileLocator>

25 minutes ago, charliearon said:

In your Settings/Notifications, you may need to uncheck the middle one that sends an email every time you get a reply on your post that you are following.  Mine is checked, since I don't really follow any posts.

Screenshot 2021-06-28 5.55.12 AM.png

No, its unchecked in my case. But I looked below and saw most of w-mil options were off I turned the first of them on, let's see if it helps,

6 hours ago, diederik1 said:

Aha this forum is coming to live again.

A good soul collected all the Flight stuff to this site:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJfiZk4EYT-Qczk&id=443863906D5EDB65!123&cid=443863906D5EDB65

Maybe it will help you

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it with the installation from your link, but it didn't help. Nothing changed except for all non-default aircraft disappeared from my hangar because FileLocator.config was rewritten, but I restored it from a backup. 

Maybe RV checkout indeed is not available because it was payware (there is "redeem code" option in the game menu to unlock it), while I can do job flights in it. But that mission is not a big deal. LIVE limitation is the real problem :(

BTW, the notification still not come to email ;(

On 6/25/2021 at 6:41 PM, GeorgeYRight said:

The 1st is, you know it, LIVE. None of the solutions I found in the internet worked for me.

Try using the Flight toolkit (in the link provided by "the good soul", 😉). This way you don't need LIVE. The problem is there's no downloads from Toolkit Addon Manager anymore so some dlc's are no longer available.

The good soul.

Edited by Segador77
Incomplete info.