Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Tribute to the PMDG DC6

5 hours ago, in2tech said:

No one in the group made a video? I can't wait to fly this in a multiplayer event. Waiting on it to arrive at the Market Place. However long it takes I can wait! Surprised though no one, not even PMDG has made a video of several these flying. It has to be awesome!

AusFlightSimmer did a casual stream with about half a dozen flying though you rarely see more than one on screen at a time . 

Note that he is just a normal simmer not some expert (at one point he needed to be told how to enable reverse pitch) but for me that adds to the appeal, he is just a normal guy learning to fly the planes as he goes along, rather than some smug expert trying to teach you stuff like a college professor  😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Ha, no it won't. Just until the next big thing™ comes along. 😋

waiting  for  fsl  labs  to  get  on board  to msfs  than  that  will be  the  only  plane  i use 🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It's so rewarding to start up the Red Bull Lady at LOWS and fly her to LOWI. She's a beauty!

Karl

Edited by kaha

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Well,

a tribute to this great DC6 also from me.

Today, after deciding to reinstall MFS, from the start, with a fresh install of the SU5 + HF2 version, I made several tests and found the performane was superb, the visuals were still great and actually better because I could increase even more my settings, and I decided to give the next step and buy the PMG DC-6.

Well, of the few flights I was able to run in the short time I had availabe for flight simulation ths afternoon, all I can say is tht it is already and by far my preferred MFS addon so far !

What a delight, in all aspects I was able to test so far including the flight dynamics, the details in the cockpt, the graphic quality, AND the performance I feared being lower than what I ad experienced with other aircraft and is smooth as silk - mind I still run MFS with a GTX 960 4GB GPU !

Wow !

Thx to those of you who have recommended it 😉

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That indeed is good to read Jose.  I'm glad you're enjoying her.

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I bought this product and the images and video are just stunning. But honestly, it seems so ridiculously complex that I haven’t even gotten it off the ground.  I don’t even know where to start. 

Is there some dumbed-down setting so I can just take off like a C172?  I don’t have weeks or months to learn all the systems. 

Any ideas for a newb like me?

40 minutes ago, mick92627 said:

I bought this product and the images and video are just stunning. But honestly, it seems so ridiculously complex that I haven’t even gotten it off the ground.  I don’t even know where to start. 

Is there some dumbed-down setting so I can just take off like a C172?  I don’t have weeks or months to learn all the systems. 

Forget the first video. There follows a bunch of easy to understand 'how to's all done by Robert Randazzo himself!

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Did they announce if and when this thing might be available in the store?

Rather than only on their site...

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Is there any option to install this into a different directory?

I'm trying to preserve space on my C Drive.

7 hours ago, mick92627 said:

Adding to what Ron wrote, the DC-6 folder has two introductory tutorial flights

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

and  there are plenty of  utubes  out  there  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

PMDG's / RRandazzo's tutorials are very easy to follow and pretty much explain all of the details without becoming boring. They're linked above in this thread on Ron Attwood's post.

For those "in the fence" I should add that when I bought this amazing addon yesterday I was positively surprised during checkout by a 24% discount valid until August 14, if I'm not wrong...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...