Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PMDG DC-6 thought

14 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Who knows you may be right for some and not for others.  Does it matter?  It’s still a pretty phenomenal plane and just what the community needed at this time.  Even if your predictions were fully realized it will nonetheless forever be considered a milestone in MSFS’s history.

We could have used a more recent plane from PMDG and that would have just what the community needed at this time.

3 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

We could have used a more recent plane from PMDG and that would have just what the community needed at this time.

OR the more recent planes are a lot more work due to the computer systems/data involved and we are lucky to have something of this immense quality now.  Glass 1/2 full or completely empty... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Man I am REALLY loving this plane...even a lot more than I thought I would.  The experience just gets better every time.  To the point that I dream about flying it.  And I still have much yet to learn and try.  I've never seen such a long and wonderful road ahead...  it was certainly what this member of the community needed!

• Like 6

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Guys just stop feeding the Troll.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

34 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

I think you might be speaking for yourself this time and not the “community”.  The community at large seems pretty happy right now which is why the DC-6 will be the milestone that is remembered in MSFS history.  You can join in and try it or shout frustrations to the mirror, but from the looks of things it’s not going to move the needle much.

Give it a shot.  It’s a hobby, not a job.  It’s supposed to be fun.  You might surprise yourself an find you enjoy it more than you expect like many who have posted their experiences here.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

I think you might be speaking for yourself this time and not the “community”.  The community at large seems pretty happy right now which is why the DC-6 will be the milestone that is remembered in MSFS history.  You can join in and try it or shout frustrations to the mirror, but from the looks of things it’s not going to move the needle much.

Give it a shot.  It’s a hobby, not a job.  It’s supposed to be fun.  You might surprise yourself an find you enjoy it more than you expect like many who have posted their experiences here.

You guys are not going to give up until I spend the $75.00 on this thing, will you? I have never flown a :"tube" other than the Takeoff and Landing lessons in MSFS. I also start most of my flights already on the runway and running. But all this continued fawning over the DC-6 has me thinking of seeing what all the "fuss" is about.

And yes, I know it is $55.00 not $75.00. The other $20.00 is for 2 more Throttle handles for my Bravo.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

just another boring 737 that many  simmers have been flyiing for years and years until they were bored silly. I flew one for almost 8 years. Wouldn't buy one today if it cost $1. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Guys just stop feeding the Troll.

This. Seriously. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

39 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

You guys are not going to give up until I spend the $75.00 on this thing, will you? I have never flown a :"tube" other than the Takeoff and Landing lessons in MSFS. I also start most of my flights already on the runway and running. But all this continued fawning over the DC-6 has me thinking of seeing what all the "fuss" is about.

And yes, I know it is $55.00 not $75.00. The other $20.00 is for 2 more Throttle handles for my Bravo.

I was convinced that I was not getting it, and now I am convinced I don't really need anything else but it. The DC-6 is the definition of "must buy." 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I'm going to troll a little bit here! Serious simmer would not pass on DC-6!😜

unknown.png?width=1083&height=609

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

27 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm going to troll a little bit here! Serious simmer would not pass on DC-6!😜

I will join you 🙂

Sitting in the morning sun......make a good title to a song that🙂 

I will have to tow it back into the hanger🙄🙄🙄😂

Flight-Simulator-6-ZVdu-FDj-ZZ.png

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

oh its not the plane only... i feel gohst`s on board from time to time when i fly it, did i set the cabin alt correct ?  ...It turn then into something very special, something parapsychological like 😅😱

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

9 hours ago, Dillon said:

Not disagreeing here but why wasn't this the case when it was released for P3D?

Dillon-

Her debut in P3D was significant, but occurred with many other excellent aeroplanes already available.

Her debut in MSFS changed everything we knew about what was possible with aircraft in sim- moved the goalposts as it were. I firmly believe there’s MSFS before the Six, and now after the Six. She’s really grand (and yes, I’m a trifle biased).

She’s always been one of my favorites, and the MSFS release only endears her to me more!

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

6 hours ago, Tierborn said:

You are funny ....However, it will end up on your hanger gather dusk, that is just how it is.

It's funny.I have had the DC6 for over 4 years now and, oddly, she still isn't just sitting in the hangar... I am, beyond all reason, still enjoying the complex and enjoyable simulation of the DC 6 from PMDG- even though during that time many, many other 'modern' aircraft have released .. 

• Like 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

5 minutes ago, severniae said:

It's funny.I have had the DC6 for over 4 years now and, oddly, she still isn't just sitting in the hangar... I am, beyond all reason, still enjoying the complex and enjoyable simulation of the DC 6 from PMDG- even though during that time many, many other 'modern' aircraft have released .. 

True, all the Boeings fly about the same, in fact I went to a seminar once where Boeing test Pilots spoke, and they said the aircraft were designed with that in mind. Airbus on the other hand, to me feels like a robot is flying the plane. The only one I flew for about 3 years and really liked was the Majestic Q400. Like the DC6, you had to pay attention when you flew that aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS