Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PMDG DC-6 thought

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

I think you might be speaking for yourself this time and not the “community”.  The community at large seems pretty happy right now which is why the DC-6 will be the milestone that is remembered in MSFS history.  You can join in and try it or shout frustrations to the mirror, but from the looks of things it’s not going to move the needle much.

Give it a shot.  It’s a hobby, not a job.  It’s supposed to be fun.  You might surprise yourself an find you enjoy it more than you expect like many who have posted their experiences here.

Yep, the community doesn't want a recent PDMG aircraft.

Another reason I am so sold on this plane now (and was for a few years in P3D) is that I flew as a passenger on it several times when I was a kid. It was a fantastic experience. Taking a passenger flight in a propliner was much more compelling experience than in today's jetliners. The engine start up was very impressive (especially to a 7 year old boy). Each of the four giant radial's would turn slowly and then start with a cough and explosion and sometimes exhaust flame.  This was repeated four times. Now that we PMDG DC6 flyers know the procedure for starting the engines we understand what was going on. Today's jetliners line up and take off every minute or so. The DC6 would taxi to the runway and stop and run-up the engines, one at a time. Again PMDG has captured this procedure in the checklist. Also, flying in the passenger cabin was much more noisy and with more vibration than in today's jetliners. I like the way PMDG simulates cockpit instrument panel vibration. Gives more presence to the immersion factor. This plane really is a masterpiece. It isn't going to spend much time in my hangar!

• Like 4

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

2 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Another reason I am so sold on this plane now (and was for a few years in P3D) is that I flew as a passenger on it several times when I was a kid. It was a fantastic experience. Taking a passenger flight in a propliner was much more compelling experience than in today's jetliners. The engine start up was very impressive (especially to a 7 year old boy). Each of the four giant radial's would turn slowly and then start with a cough and explosion and sometimes exhaust flame.  This was repeated four times. Now that we PMDG DC6 flyers know the procedure for starting the engines we understand what was going on. Today's jetliners line up and take off every minute or so. The DC6 would taxi to the runway and stop and run-up the engines, one at a time. Again PMDG has captured this procedure in the checklist. Also, flying in the passenger cabin was much more noisy and with more vibration than in today's jetliners. I like the way PMDG simulates cockpit instrument panel vibration. Gives more presence to the immersion factor. This plane really is a masterpiece. It isn't going to spend much time in my hangar!

I remember looking at the exhaust at night and seeing the flames come out. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

Yep, the community doesn't want a recent PDMG aircraft.

They clearly are happy with what they got with the DC6 in the meantime. Learning to “read the room” is a skill.

Stop being a grump and jump in, the water’s fine.  Or do you not like to swim?

20 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

They clearly are happy with what they got with the DC6 in the meantime. Learning to “read the room” is a skill.

Stop being a grump and jump in, the water’s fine.  Or do you not like to swim?

😀  made me smile.   

PS, I don't like the water trom1958 🤢

5 hours ago, Tierborn said:

😀  made me smile.   

PS, I don't like the water trom1958 🤢

We get it, you don't want to get the '6. Ok, that's fine, we all like different things....(move on.....)

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

5 hours ago, severniae said:

We get it, you don't want to get the '6. Ok, that's fine, we all like different things....(move on.....)

You could have moved on, yet you typed one more message.  People today???

A troll is a being in Scandinavian folklore, including Norse mythology. Trolls are rarely helpful to human beings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Reader said:

A troll is a being in Scandinavian folklore, including Norse mythology. Trolls are rarely helpful to human beings.

I think maybe some bad things happened to him in 1958.   Things we don't understand.   Things we wouldn't understand.    Things we... shouldn't understand.  😆

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

firefox-u-Li-JAt-C8-Q9.png

This tool exists, folks.   Using it instead of arguing with disagreeable people makes the forum a much better place. 😄

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, kaosfere said:

firefox-u-Li-JAt-C8-Q9.png

This tool exists, folks.   Using it instead of arguing with disagreeable people makes the forum a much better place. 😄

I wish we could do the same to some Admins/Mods and some Commercial dev's that post some unorthodox post sometimes here.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 3

Chasing a rainbow! 🧐

unknown.png?width=2108&height=1185

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I wish we could do the same to some Admins/Mods and some Commercial dev's

I know for certain that you can ignore someone marked as a commercial member -- I have one particular commercial member who has become notorious in this section for the level of bitterness and inappropriate personal hostility they show to MSFS and those involved with it on ignore.

Admins you are correct, though.  It's unfortunate that we feel the need to do that sometimes, but being able to do it would be nice.

On 6/27/2021 at 11:14 PM, Bobsk8 said:

I wouldn't care if P3D had a $500 aircraft that was the best flying plane ever , going back to P3D, is something I wouldn't consider for a second. 

Is it really 'going back'?  All flight simulators have good and bad points, why not use all of them for the good points.   X Plane 11 can look fantastic and also has great aircraft not available in MSFS.  If I wanted to practice dodging showers then MSFS would be my choice for the visuals.  If I wanted to fly an A2A aircraft, I would fly P3D as that is where those aircraft exist..  If I wanted to practice for real world, I would use X Plane for the way the aircraft feel.  

I love MSFS, but it is not the 'best' at everything.  

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home