Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FSX Wing Leveller

Guest DWestbury

I've noticed that the automatic wing leveller is enabled on some of the aircraft in FSX. (If you engage the Altitude hold, you cannot change your Heading).I've upgraded my FS2004 Wing Leveller utility so that it will work with FSX. Before I release it I'd like to try a beta test. If you can help out email me directly at digiwest2002@rogers.com.Thanks,Dave Westbury

>I've noticed that the automatic wing leveller is enabled on>some of the aircraft in FSX. (If you engage the Altitude>hold, you cannot change your Heading).>>I've upgraded my FS2004 Wing Leveller utility so that it will>work with FSX. Before I release it I'd like to try a beta>test. If you can help out email me directly at>digiwest2002@rogers.com.>>Thanks,>>Dave WestburyWhat does your utility program for FSX do?

Guest DWestbury

Wing Leveller:When you activate the Autopilot in Flight Simulator the Wing Leveller is automatically enabled and there is no way to disable it from the Aircraft Panel. For those of us who like to fly using the Autopilot solely to maintain a constant altitude I've developed this little utility to modify Flight Simulator Aircraft.cfg file(s) to remove the Wing Leveller function. To do this the Aircraft.cfg file is modified to add information that will disable the default Bank (wings level) and the default Pitch (Aircraft attitude, nose up, nose down or level). The default setting for the Wing Leveller Utility is to disable both the bank and the pitch.Force Feedback Joystick users:Sometimes when you download a new Aircraft and take it out for a spin, you'll notice that your Force Feedback Joystick almost shakes out of your hand as you begin to taxi. The reason is the Aircraft.cfg file does not contain the instructions for Flight Simulator to set the forces for your Force Feedback Joystick. So, I developed this utility to make the job of adding Force Feedback code to the Aircraft.cfg file as simple and painless as possible.

If you do a Control D twice it will turn off the Direction Hold, which I think you are mistaking for a wing leveler, and will leave Alt Hold activated.From that point you can toggle Direction Hold on and off with Control D.

>If you do a Control D twice it will turn off the Direction>Hold, which I think you are mistaking for a wing leveler, and>will leave Alt Hold activated.>>From that point you can toggle Direction Hold on and off with>Control D.NOPE! For FSX...Ctrl-D is the Yaw Damper on/offCtrl-V turns the Wing Leveler on/offYou can see the full list of possible keyboard options in the Options/Settings/Controls dialog... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator