Sign in to follow this  
David95

FSX Steam Edition Reality XP Problem

When I select an aircraft in FSX Steam edition that has a RealityXP profile enabled on it, the game crashes. 

Never had this problem on the old CD version, but that stopped working on my other computer recently.

I have the garmin trainer installed as well in case that might have been an issue

Is there any fix for this?

I have just tried to reinstall RealityXP and it comes up with the following error as well at the final part of the install process:

rxpFsValidate has detected an error when trying to validate Flight Simulator installation/version.

G:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

API.DLL (10.0.62615.0) invalid

Sim1.DLL (10.0.62615.0) invalid

UTIL.DLL (10.0.62615.0) invalid

This product requires:

FSX (SP1) (10.0.61355.0)

FSX (SP1-_RUS) (10.0.61357.0)

FSX (SP2) (10.0.61472.0)

FSX (Accel) (10.0.61637.0)

Hi,

You're trying to install the legacy RXP GNS product which was release before FSX-SE ever existed!

The latest RXP GNS V2 is fully compatible with all Flight Simulator versions from FS9 to P3D5!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean,

Sorry, yep that was my bad, figured it out yesterday. The e-commerce installer gave an error when trying to extract the new RXP GNS v2.0 product into the RealityXP folder. But when I checked I saw there was a file there and didn't think about it being the old file. Spent 5hrs trying to trouble shoot and read forums only to try and extract again on a differnet computer and got the different file finally!

I did come across 2 issues though. 

1. The lic. file wouldn't extract onto the computer I was using so had to use the licence transfer tool

2. I experienced the same issue as one of the other users with a black screen popping up when trying to select the add on - configure option in full screen mode. But the ALT+Enter trick fixed it as you mentioned.

Thanks for getting back to me mate!

• Like 2