Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Zinertek vs REX Textures

Hello Gang!

Zinertek V2 textures are out.  Which are better between Zinertek and REX textures?  I am a little bit disappointed with REX's because of the runway skidmarks block nature of how they look which looks unrealistic - I'm talking about the blocks of skidmarks at the end of each runway.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I like the look of Zinertek's textures from the screenshots. Hopefully, someone posts some comparison shots with the update.

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

1 hour ago, DMullert said:

Hello Gang!

Zinertek V2 textures are out.  Which are better between Zinertek and REX textures?  I am a little bit disappointed with REX's because of the runway skidmarks block nature of how they look which looks unrealistic - I'm talking about the blocks of skidmarks at the end of each runway.

Hi, thanks for posting. I was awaiting the traditional communication from SimMarket via e-mail, but for some reason this update requires you to re-purchase the product from the store (which cost nothing to previous buyers). Downloading now.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Hi, thanks for posting. I was awaiting the traditional communication from SimMarket via e-mail, but for some reason this update requires you to re-purchase the product from the store (which cost nothing to previous buyers). Downloading now.

psst, show us a few pics?

I am very curious indeed.  I am also curious as to how Zinertek implemented the runway skid marks vs REX.  I noticed in the REX textures that the skidmarks extend to areas of the runway where there should not be skidmarks such as in the leading runway arrows or even where some approach lights lie.  I am noticing that there may be an issue to properly locate skidmarks in the area of the runway where they belong and not past or before where they need to be.  With REX textures, once you become airborne you can clearly notice a rectangle of skidmarks that extends from the end of the runway tp about a third of the runway and they are abruptly cutoff, looking unrealistic.  I hope this gets sorted!!!

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, wim123 said:

psst, show us a few pics?

I’m sorry. Not a fan of posting pictures here at AVSIM, way too tedious process.

Next time out…

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, DMullert said:

I am very curious indeed.  I am also curious as to how Zinertek implemented the runway skid marks vs REX.  I noticed in the REX textures that the skidmarks extend to areas of the runway where there should not be skidmarks such as in the leading runway arrows or even where some approach lights lie.  I am noticing that there may be an issue to properly locate skidmarks in the area of the runway where they belong and not past or before where they need to be.  With REX textures, once you become airborne you can clearly notice a rectangle of skidmarks that extends from the end of the runway tp about a third of the runway and they are abruptly cutoff, looking unrealistic.  I hope this gets sorted!!!

OK, I know I said I wasn't going to get REX Global textures because I already had the first version of Zinertek's Enhanced Airport Graphics.....but I fell for the hype and got it anyway *sigh*

Since a lot of you are curious which one is better, here are some comparison shots at YYZ:

REX:

OEqDl5w.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:qQl41uH.jpg

REX:

ovFu3YB.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:6QgvThF.jpg

REX:

jUr63OD.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:2OguMtF.jpg

Well, I think the screenshots speak for themselves but I think Zinertek's Enhanced Airport Graphics version 2.0 puts REX to shame

• Like 5

14 hours ago, edpatino said:

Hmm... My Marketplace shows the version number 1.7.0 and says that it is up to date. Went to Simmarket and they want charge 17 Euros from me, although I already own the product.... Originally I bought this from Marketplace. Maybe the Marketplace has not updated yet....??

Tapani Österberg

23 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

Hmm... My Marketplace shows the version number 1.7.0 and says that it is up to date. Went to Simmarket and they want charge 17 Euros from me, although I already own the product.... Originally I bought this from Marketplace. Maybe the Marketplace has not updated yet....??

thats never going to work, you didnt buy on simmarket, so you gotta wait for the update on mp.

are you not aware of the fact mp updates can take wayyyyy longer??  sadly.

Edited by wim123

Although I do respect others choices, I don't see anything wrong with the default textures which -in my taste- perfectly match the airports' environment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Only those who own both can answer this question.

I bought REX Textures since I'm a fan for years. Their textures (Worldwide Airports, weather, etc) really made a huge difference in P3D. I must admit I'm a bit underwhelmed with the result in MSFS. I mean, it's a bit better than default but the difference is minimal - maybe because the default textures are already good. I was also a bit disappointed that they didn't include airport buildings - the product is called Real Global Airport Textures and not Real Global Airport Ground Textures, which would be more appropriate name.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I was also a bit disappointed that they didn't include airport buildings - the product is called Real Global Airport Textures and not Real Global Airport Ground Textures, which would be more appropriate name.

Which applies to Zinertek as well. Their Prepar3d product included nice building texteres as well. Perhaps, there was a more urgent need (for both) as the Prepar3d airport building textures - take the hangars only - were that ugly.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

10 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Although I do respect others choices, I don't see anything wrong with the default textures which -in my taste- perfectly match the airports' environment.

It would be interesting to see the images compared with default too, not just EAG and REX.

I agree though, just being different does not make them better (or worse). Just different. For more realistic textures, one can't apply a global one-size-fits-all package anyway.

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

It would be interesting to see the images compared with default too, not just EAG and REX.

I agree though, just being different does not make them better (or worse). Just different. For more realistic textures, one can't apply a global one-size-fits-all package anyway.

I know that when i installed Zinertek after flying without it for a couple of months, it looked much more realistic. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS