Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Zinertek vs REX Textures

It looks like the reason REX went with the black rubber marks further down that the painted approach numbers is because it doesn't look realistic in EAG at all.

Perhaps there is no way to decal on top of these "painted on" runway items?

Obviously, black rubber marks should not be "under" the white paint.

OnowYr1.png

Edited by Gulfstream

That's what I'm talking about Gulfstream.  Rubber before the threshold lines and on top instead of gradually starting after the runway number and gradually ending before reaching the middle of the runway.  Right now there is an abrupt, unrealistic looking end to the skid marks toward the middle of the runway.  It just looks weird.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Anyone else noticing strange 'moire' patterns at night on the airport textures when you have your taxi/landing lights on with REX?  The textures look like wood grain at night....I also have the latest version of Zinertek and did not notice this with their textures.  I tested both at the default KATL in the FBW 320.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Zinertek on the market place updated this morning. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Zinertek on the market place updated this morning. 

I assume this is the update he did several days ago but just got posted at MS?  Kind of got excited there for a minute thinking he updated again today.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

https://secure.simmarket.com/zinertek-enhanced-airport-graphics-version-2.0-msfs.phtml

Looks good but hard to tell much difference from REX's in the previews.
No rubber marks on top of white runway markings just like REX's.
Also no shots of snow in Zinertek V2 previews where REX really looks good.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Looking at the description for both Zinertek & Rex I see they don't alter/improve any of the Dirt & Grass Runways, is this correct? I see Rex alter the surrounding dirt/sand/grassy areas but not the runways (only tarmac).

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 6/29/2021 at 3:31 AM, AirlinePilot83 said:

OK, I know I said I wasn't going to get REX Global textures because I already had the first version of Zinertek's Enhanced Airport Graphics.....but I fell for the hype and got it anyway *sigh*

Since a lot of you are curious which one is better, here are some comparison shots at YYZ:

REX:

OEqDl5w.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:qQl41uH.jpg

REX:

ovFu3YB.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:6QgvThF.jpg

REX:

jUr63OD.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:2OguMtF.jpg

Well, I think the screenshots speak for themselves but I think Zinertek's Enhanced Airport Graphics version 2.0 puts REX to shame

I see that Rex paints on top of the rwy marks and Zinertek does not.  Look at "33 R"

Edited by kaha

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

37 minutes ago, kaha said:

I see that Rex paints on top of the rwy marks and Zinertek does not.  Look at "33 R"

Thanks for the comparisons.
EAG grass color looks a bit weird and maybe the taxiways/markings are a bit over saturated.
EAG seems to have rubber marks on the entire length of the runway including the extreme ends where no one should be landing.
REX rubber marks seem to end too abruptly. They need more of a fade away treatment.
REX has an old/new textures selection option, does EAG have that?

• Like 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:31 AM, AirlinePilot83 said:

OK, I know I said I wasn't going to get REX Global textures because I already had the first version of Zinertek's Enhanced Airport Graphics.....but I fell for the hype and got it anyway *sigh*

Since a lot of you are curious which one is better, here are some comparison shots at YYZ:

REX:

OEqDl5w.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:qQl41uH.jpg

REX:

ovFu3YB.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:6QgvThF.jpg

REX:

jUr63OD.jpg

EAG Version 2.0:2OguMtF.jpg

Well, I think the screenshots speak for themselves but I think Zinertek's Enhanced Airport Graphics version 2.0 puts REX to shame

I dunno, those tyre skid marks going the full length of the runway and beyond the threshold is really bugging me. The rest looks nice though

1 minute ago, GuyFlyer said:

I dunno, those tyre skid marks going the full length of the runway and beyond the threshold is really bugging me. The rest looks nice though

Yea this will become one of those WIPs but hey the update is simple.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

21 hours ago, GuyFlyer said:

I dunno, those tyre skid marks going the full length of the runway and beyond the threshold is really bugging me.

Yes, it is completely ruining the immersion to have the tyremarks even as far as below the runway lighting installations. That's why I uninstalled Zinertek and went with REX for now.

I hope Zinertek will fix that because their textures themselves are really nice.

I purchased Zinertek because I've heard good things about version 2. However, I must say that I am rather disappointed. As already mentioned, the runway tire marks run all the way to the very edge of the runway which totally kills the immersion. Also, the apron textures look way too dark (see apron in the top middle part of the image). They don't blend with the scenery. All in all I think that the default Asobo textures is far better than the 'approved' ones from Zinertek.

I already bough a lot of 3rd party products for MSFS over the past year, this one is the first where I truly regret buying it. I don't know about REX but for now I'm staying away from these kinds of products. For me default textures are more than fine.

GroundTextures.jpg

Edited by petz_e

I am so happy that I don't get twisted into a pretzel over every little thing wrong with my sim. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310