Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Four Season Pack V5.1

3 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

You're correct, that does look about right.  I was seeing these obviously-HDR examples in this thread and skewing my memory of what I just watched.

That being said, there are some examples that seem "too strong".  The tulip fields can, of course, stand out like this in real life.  But I've never seen anything like this intensity of purple trees.

This is all nitpicking though ... it's not for me, but if it makes others happy, go for it!  It seems like a great product overall.

vEmy5Nw.jpg

That's exact reason why I posted a real photo of the area on top left corner.  still people complain it's not real even with a real photo. 🙂   Google jacaranda trees or bloom in cities.

Again, that's only for few cities that has those kind of trees. Not all cities have same vegetation.

This is not FSX. 

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 3

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

58 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

I don't have a HDR monitor (currently I sim on a 55 inch TV)

I fly on 120" screen in a proper cinema room projected by a JVC X7900 HDR projector. The difference between the Rec 709 SDR color space that you are watching and the HDR BT2020 color space is very different. What you perceive close to real life cannot be as rec 709 is about 60% of colors what the eyes can see in real life, BT2020 is about 90% ish out of memory but difference id very real, the question is what color space Bijan optimised the add on for? As if for HDR and you are viewing it on Rec 709 it can look "overcooked" hence looking way too vivid as some put it. same goes for watching HDR images on an SDR screen, it will never be accurate. You have watch HDR graded content on an HDR display. Granted the sim should take care of HDR color space switching but it does not do it very well and and won't until Windows 11 takes care of it. So it is entirely possible that some differences are observed because of the above. Just my opinion and experience as I've invested years building the cinema room and tested every aspects of HDR since its birth. It's been a rough road and may are still confused about it and don't know how it should look and work.  

Also, I lived in Sydney for over 20 years and I can confirm those purple trees look just like that vivid indeed when they blossom.

Bijan, can you answer the color space question?

Edited by Bandyka

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

26 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

But I've never seen anything like this intensity of purple trees.

This is more so the type of overdone colours I was referring to. 

Just because  some of you haven't seen it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You guys are so easy to judge without researching. I have done all the research and I am so proud to have these purple trees in the mod for those who appreciate it.

I am off to create more trees.

Cheers.

xz1fe9vIMulp4nKGc2mj17WIur4CWf9EpS5l2ADC

2bwr7m3.jpg

Jacaranda-1

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

So how does this work?

you can only set one season at a time? 
or it transitions flying from northern hemisphere to southern? And vice versa?

cheers 

mike

where are the colors? are the by areas? i am flying in summer over England

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hello Bijan,

In the recent past I've read a lot about your work, I'm very interested but I also read that there are many different things to install. Maybe I'm wrong.

So I would like to know, if I buy this: https://secure.simmarket.com/bijan-habashi-4-season-pack_free-lod-for-msfs.phtml and only this, is it ok to see all theses beautiful things that are in the video in my Sim?

1 hour ago, Bandyka said:

I fly on 120" screen in a proper cinema room projected by a JVC X7900 HDR projector. The difference between the Rec 709 SDR color space that you are watching and the HDR BT2020 color space is very different. What you perceive close to real life cannot be as rec 709 is about 60% of colors what the eyes can see in real life, BT2020 is about 90% ish out of memory but difference id very real, the question is what color space Bijan optimised the add on for? As if for HDR and you are viewing it on Rec 709 it can look "overcooked" hence looking way too vivid as some put it. same goes for watching HDR images on an SDR screen, it will never be accurate. You have watch HDR graded content on an HDR display. Granted the sim should take care of HDR color space switching but it does not do it very well and and won't until Windows 11 takes care of it. So it is entirely possible that some differences are observed because of the above. Just my opinion and experience as I've invested years building the cinema room and tested every aspects of HDR since its birth. It's been a rough road and may are still confused about it and don't know how it should look and work.  

Also, I lived in Sydney for over 20 years and I can confirm those purple trees look just like that vivid indeed when they blossom.

Bijan, can you answer the color space question?

From my own experience, no two monitor or TV show exact same color, no matter HDR or not.  What setting I have has no effect on what others see.

Gaming Laptop:

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

So how does this work?

you can only set one season at a time? 
or it transitions flying from northern hemisphere to southern? And vice versa?

cheers 

mike

Yes, one season can be installed at a time.

Each season has 3 parts:

1. Northern hemisphere
  2. Southern hemisphere
  3. Tropical areas.

If you install Spring N, Fall S.  It means it's spring in Northern hemisphere and fall in Southern hemisphere. So if you fly from north (spring) to south, you will see fall colors in south (without changing folder)

But if you want to see fall colors in north, then you would have to install Fall N. Spring S.

Every season in north has the opposite season in the south.

Tropical areas always are summer (green) in every season.

1 hour ago, Manny said:

where are the colors? are the by areas? i am flying in summer over England

By many factors. Depends on what you want to see. To see spring colors, install Spring N, Fall S.  To see Jacaranda trees, Sydney area and south Africa has a lot of them.

Plumeria trees are just added in Honolulu.

1 hour ago, aaphebus said:

Hello Bijan,

In the recent past I've read a lot about your work, I'm very interested but I also read that there are many different things to install. Maybe I'm wrong.

So I would like to know, if I buy this: https://secure.simmarket.com/bijan-habashi-4-season-pack_free-lod-for-msfs.phtml and only this, is it ok to see all theses beautiful things that are in the video in my Sim?

There is only 2 folders to install.

One season folder and one for 3d models which include 3d trees. The "4 season pack" has everything in the video.

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 1

Gaming Laptop:

I see nothing has changed much between sims, folks are still piddling in the wind about this that or the other thing.

Watching a trailer for a movie doesn't guarantee that it's a great movie but it might be, perhaps one should buy it, try it AND then pass on their wisdom.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 minute ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

nothing has changed

If nothing changed, it means you didn't install it correctly, other than that, it's not possible that you can't see any change.

Gaming Laptop:

1 minute ago, BijanStudio said:

If nothing changed, it means you didn't install it correctly, other than that, it's not possible that you can't see any change.

lol....no you misunderstand....nothing is changed in human behaviour....folks are bitching and complaining about this that and the other thing about this addon, when they should buy it, give it a good test drive and provide proper, educated feedback.

I'm speaking about users here.  I grab this tread and I'm immediately trust into a debate about stuff about this colour and that colour which appears to be about the trailer.  I suspect that the majority of the colour is NOT the extremes that flash by in the trailer from what I saw.

I've seen tulip fields in vibrate colour, I've seen the potash ponds of Moab, I've seen much more that actually is extremely vibrant but only in small areas or unique areas.  I am intrigued by this addon.

• Like 4

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

2 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

lol....no you misunderstand....nothing is changed in human behaviour....folks are bitching and complaining about this that and the other thing about this addon, when they should buy it, give it a good test drive and provide proper, educated feedback.

I'm speaking about users here.  I grab this tread and I'm immediately trust into a debate about stuff about this colour and that colour which appears to be about the trailer.  I suspect that the majority of the colour is NOT the extremes that flash by in the trailer from what I saw.

I've seen tulip fields in vibrate colour, I've seen the potash ponds of Moab, I've seen much more that actually is extremely vibrant but only in small areas or unique areas.  I am intrigued by this addon.

lol, I did misunderstand. 

Yes, very true. It's a huge world and I can't possibly show every inch of the planet in a few minutes video.

Gaming Laptop:

23 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

There is only 2 folders to install.

One season folder and one for 3d models which include 3d trees. The "4 season pack" has everything in the video.

Thanks a lot, I will give it a try then 👍

2 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

still people complain it's not real even with a real photo.

Bijan, I would suggest to just ignore some of the comments, it is impossible to keep everyone happy. I think your product is great, you already have demonstrated your commitment to quality and improvements.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo