Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

MSI Afterburner

Hello simmers, Is anyone using the latest beta build of MSI Afterburner with V5.2? And if so is it working fine without crashing your sim. I’m not near my Pc at the moment that’s why I’m asking here. Thanks 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I'm using version 4.6.3 Beta 5 wiyhout any problems. I'm not sure if that's the latest version.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

I'm using version 4.6.3 Beta 5 wiyhout any problems. I'm not sure if that's the latest version.

Right on thanks

I haven’t updated my version in a couple of months but together with RTSS it’s invaluable in monitoring CPU/GPU usage.

I do get a DXGI crash in P3D v5 if I change vehicles with the RTSS display showing. Turn it off briefly and it’s fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I haven’t updated my version in a couple of months but together with RTSS it’s invaluable in monitoring CPU/GPU usage.

I do get a DXGI crash in P3D v5 if I change vehicles with the RTSS display showing. Turn it off briefly and it’s fine.

I also find that if you minimize the sim and come back to windowed mode the OSD is moved from the corner down to the centre of the screen. But like you said it’s delicate so just don’t play around to much and your fine. 

21 hours ago, Navigator43 said:

I also find that if you minimize the sim and come back to windowed mode the OSD is moved from the corner down to the centre of the screen. But like you said it’s delicate so just don’t play around to much and your fine. 

When OSD is displayed in the center you can briefly click e.g. Map from the Menu, then OSD is flickering wildly between different locations. With a little patience it comes up in the previous corner once you deselect Map from the menu again. Sometimes I need more than one attempt. It is only a poor workaround

Cheers Martin

• Like 1

CPU 9900K @5GHz, RTX3090 Suprim X, 32GB RAM @3600MHz, WIN 10, P3Dv5.3HF2, 4K 40“ Monitor @30Hz

1 hour ago, Avi8tor said:

When OSD is displayed in the center you can briefly click e.g. Map from the Menu, then OSD is flickering wildly between different locations. With a little patience it comes up in the previous corner once you deselect Map from the menu again. Sometimes I need more than one attempt. It is only a poor workaround

Cheers Martin

Thanks Martin I’ll do that