Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

British Columbia: Artifacts?

Starting from CYSE flying South, I'm seeing strange geometrical artifacts when arriving Vancouver area. I don't mean the known issues of PG cities, but there are geometrical/pyramidal artifacts on the countryside which disappear when coming closer just to appear again in remote positions.Other, more box-shaped artifacts appear and disappear on the sea towards Vancouver Island. Anybody else seeing this?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I'll try the flight and see if I see anything.  Never noticed any scenery spikes around Vancouver before but I've always come in from the south.

I have also seen it in other parts of the world. This will disappear when Asobo has solved the performance and morphing problems. Patience...

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

19 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Starting from CYSE flying South, I'm seeing strange geometrical artifacts when arriving Vancouver area. I don't mean the known issues of PG cities, but there are geometrical/pyramidal artifacts on the countryside which disappear when coming closer just to appear again in remote positions.Other, more box-shaped artifacts appear and disappear on the sea towards Vancouver Island. Anybody else seeing this?

I haven't flown from Victoria to Vancouver for this latest patch, but several patches ago, I did the flight several times and I didn't notice any issues.  I think I tested CYVR and the east approach to CYVR maybe two months ago and it was still okay in that patch.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I didn't see any artifacts I flew from CYSE to Vancouver I followed the river instead of going over the mountains.

Edited by Todd2

Thanks for the comments. That means the issues are on my side.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Thanks for the comments. That means the issues are on my side.

Delete your rolling cache and manual cache.  After every update, the cache can sometimes cause problems.  You need to get the latest cache again.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM