Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

finally! a new ai traffic pack for MSFS!

It was a joke. 

im sure your eyes opened. 

🙂 

Edited by abranpuko

We've been tricked, We've been backstabbed, and we've quite possibly been bamboozled. 😢

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I knew it was too good to be true!

However, Microsoft is actually engaged in discussions with some airlines to license their logos so that we can actually have AI with the correct liveries. Obviously, doing these licensing deals takes time so in this case, patience is a virtue. 

I still don't get why 3rd party pay ware developers have not stepped in.  Or why they are having so much trouble.  In theory all we need are models and liveries and .cfg files that match real world aircraft tags.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, aniiran said:

I still don't get why 3rd party pay ware developers have not stepped in.  Or why they are having so much trouble.  In theory all we need are models and liveries and .cfg files that match real world aircraft tags.  

Agreed. MyTrafficX for FSX worked perfectly for me. Would love to have it or something similar for MSFS. 

AIG is working on it, though they're also providing flight plans, not just the models.

There are a lot of issues with MSFS's AI and airports that is slowing down progress.

Edited by Tuskin38

This is like a women, tease, tease, tease and than...nothing!

I can only wish...:-)

Worst post ever...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

21 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

This is like a women, tease, tease, tease and than...nothing!

I can only wish...:-)

Less of the casual sexism please.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

There are issues with the way MSFS handles AI traffic, true, but I have to be honest: AIG's progress to date has been, well, glacial. They aren't starting from scratch, because they are largely converting models and flight plans that are already working in P3D. I understand that Rome isn't built in a day, but other big projects that had existing P3D incarnations (e.g. Henrik's shipping mod) have already come out for MSFS.

I'll be grateful for whatever we can get, whenever we can get it, but I wish I could better understand what's taking so long.

James

9 hours ago, aniiran said:

We probably also need corrected parking spots at airports. I've seen a few big internation airports like Heathrow and Schiphol that are riddled with GA, while in realtime most GA would avoid those places. AI DC-6's also shouldn't park at gates as a rule.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, honanhal said:

There are issues with the way MSFS handles AI traffic, true, but I have to be honest: AIG's progress to date has been, well, glacial. They aren't starting from scratch, because they are largely converting models and flight plans that are already working in P3D. I understand that Rome isn't built in a day, but other big projects that had existing P3D incarnations (e.g. Henrik's shipping mod) have already come out for MSFS.

I'll be grateful for whatever we can get, whenever we can get it, but I wish I could better understand what's taking so long.

James

They want it to look good too. But the problem is a majority of airports in MSFS don’t have proper parking, even the hand crafted ones.
Either parking spots are too small, or too big, the wrong type of parking. Things that lead to planes not being able to park or even spawn at all. A majority of airports don’t have cargo parking, which makes cargo flights practically useless.

Some airports planes will outright refuse to leave the runway/takeoff because of misplaced or completely missing hold short points. LPPT is one of these, as is KMDW. Planes will just land and stop right in the middle of the runway and will stay there for several minutes until the sim purges them for inactivity.

Kaiii has been posting updates here and there on the AIG discord server. Plus bigger updates on the AIG forums. You could probably ask them for more detail on why it’s taking longer.

Edited by Tuskin38