Sign in to follow this  
cdv0007

WIN11 AND P3D V5.2

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

Go to RUN ( the magnifying glass next to the WIN symbol in the Windows taskbar) and type TPM.MSC and it will tell you if you are TPM compliant.

If your TPM function is disabled in BIOS then the TPM control panel will not see a TPM in your system. So you need to check the BIOS too. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

11 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

If your TPM function is disabled in BIOS then the TPM control panel will not see a TPM in your system. So you need to check the BIOS too. 

This is true, on AMD systems its disabled by default and labelled "fTPM" Confirmed on my Asus B550-F MB.

people are making tpm  out to be much more than what it is, you don't have to have the actual chip on your motherboard, you just simply need to enable it on intel boards. tpm has ben used since 2016, if your pc is within 4-5 years old, chances are you have the feature. i upgraded to the insider preview as well. p3d works fine. for most everyday users, i wouldn't suggest upgrading until the offical release. windows 11 does have alot of bugs and is a heavier os than windows 10. windows updates are much harder to catch or stop all together in windows 11. in my opinion windows 11 has a nice new skinned them, kinda like windows 7, with more control for microsft to one again continue to force new updates that we can't control.windows 10 is good until 2025. most likely i will revert back to windows 10. this new windows 11 is in very early stages, and microsoft is making it harder and harder to find locations everyday users need, such as the control panel. after windows 7, microsoft kepts slapping one os on top of the next. everyone at microsoft needs to be fired and start over from windows 7.

6 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

windows 11 does have alot of bugs and is a heavier os than windows 10.

When you say "heavier", can you clarify that? More disk space needed, more RAM, more vRAM?? What impact have you seen with Win 11 based on your first impressions?

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Just trying to be helpful, there are already 232 posts on this subject here:

13 minutes ago, Reader said:

Just trying to be helpful, there are already 232 posts on this subject here:

OK thanks for that pointer. I'll take a read.

Cheers.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I am running Windows 11. I am not particularly thrilled with what they did to make things harder to find. I am also not thrilled with File Explorer changes - the fact that they replaced the right click context menu items with PICTURES is making me upset. Now you don't see Cut and Paste. They are now pictures and not particularly obvious ones, so I have to hover a mouse pointer over it just so that the tooltip shows up that confirms that IS indeed Cut. Yes, I know there are keyboard shortcuts. But I have never been a fan of those. I am also less than thrilled with them hiding a lot of context menu items.... for instance 7-Zip used to have Extract Here selection. NOW that selection is hidden behind another click to "Show more Options".. in other words... WHO ASKED FOR THIS? Things were FINE. They didn't have to change things just for the sake of changing things. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

WHO ASKED FOR THIS? Things were FINE.

UI programmers justifying their existence.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I am running Windows 11. I am not particularly thrilled with what they did to make things harder to find. I am also not thrilled with File Explorer changes - the fact that they replaced the right click context menu items with PICTURES is making me upset. Now you don't see Cut and Paste. They are now pictures and not particularly obvious ones, so I have to hover a mouse pointer over it just so that the tooltip shows up that confirms that IS indeed Cut. Yes, I know there are keyboard shortcuts. But I have never been a fan of those. I am also less than thrilled with them hiding a lot of context menu items.... for instance 7-Zip used to have Extract Here selection. NOW that selection is hidden behind another click to "Show more Options".. in other words... WHO ASKED FOR THIS? Things were FINE. They didn't have to change things just for the sake of changing things. 

That sounds terrible. Seriously 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I upgraded and installed P3D V5.2 HF1 in win11, but because win11 is too bad to use, I can only go back to the original win10 by restoring. After restoring, in the program manager, P3D is back to version 5.2, and Unable to run, unable to uninstall.
I deleted P3D through manual file cleaning and registry cleaning. After reinstalling it, it seems that it was not installed again. Restart the computer, uninstall, and install again, it succeeds.

offensive initials not allowed win11

• Like 1