Sign in to follow this  
DLH7LA

Occasional missmatch

Hey Nico,

I recently noticed that on some occasions I get a "missmatch" with a livery that is installed but I have several livery options for the same ACFT type and Airline. For example since I installed all the 13 Southwest special liveries for the 737-700, so incl. the standard ones I have 17 entires for SWA 737, 13 with a regcode, 4 without, I sometimes get the info, that the (regular) livery cannot be created and I get a white one in the sim.

I saw it a couple of times with aircraft types where I have more then one option, either its because of a special livery with a regcode or because of different winglet / new vs old colors etc, it seems like the more liveries are installed, the more often I get a missmatch / "can not be created". Just a quick selection from my missedliveries, seems more of a 737 problem, but I got the most liveries for them: AAL 738, ASA 738,739, SWA 737, UAL 739. I double checked and all livieres in the PSXT liveries.xml work in the sim.

Also I noticed, that on some airliners they get stuck in the "airborne" state after landing, means the still got the wingflex and the gear is hanging down while they taxi in. I tried with a fresh avgheights.txt but it did not solve the issue... Personally I would say it happens mostly to heavies, I havent it noticed too much on smaller aircraft.

And last but not least, in the types.xml there are SW3 and SW4 missing, would be great if you can add them there 🙂

Maybe you can have a look into this, thanks as always!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I'll respond to your remarks in the reverse order:

SW3, SW4: point taken, now  added, will be available in the next version. (EDIT: already available in an updated 24.4)

"airborne" state: (assuming you meant flaps hanging down instead of gear hanging down ...) I also sometimes see that. There is nothing I can do about it, every livery gets the same treatment by PSXT. However, not every livery responds as it should. That is a problem in the internal logic of the livery and the way they respond to SimConnect controls about flap position and so on. Wingflex is not even controlled by PSXT, same goes for reverse thrust. These movements are done by the livery logic. AvgHeights has nothing to do with it; those heights are used to start "flare 30" at the right time.

I'm a bit puzzled about what you mean with your "mismatch" / "cannot be created"  issue. In my opion there are no mismatches, only matches. How liveries are matched is exactly specified in the Manual. The matching proces leads to a match (a livery title). That livery title is used in the SimConnect call to P3D/FSX/MSFS, asking the Sim to create an aircraft based on that title. If that proces fails, reported to you by PSXT's "cannot be created" message, then there is something wrong with the livery in your Simulator.

What happens next, because RealTraffic will come up with the data about that real live aircraft (of which we just could not create an aircraft) again and again, depends on whether the match was based on a registration code or not. If it was not based on a registration code and you have several liveries for that aircraft type it is quite likely that the next match results in a different livery that does get created (assumimg you have checked Randomness). However, if it was based on a registration code, the matching proces repeats itself, but the resulting livery -in the mean time being flagged as crashed- is no longer tried and no aircraft will appear in your Sim at all. Thus it can never be that a generic, white livery is taken instead.... A generic livery for a type will only be spawned if  -in the matching proces - you have no livery of that type for the wanted airline, but you do have a generic one..

Statistically speaking one may expect this "cannot be created issue" to happen more in case you have several liveries for an Airline+type combination. If you have just one livery, and it is ok, it will (soon) be taken every time a livery of that type is needed, while if you have 50 liveries and there are a few "bad apples"  it will take a while for every livery is tested once and problems may appear unexpectedly. 

How many liveries you have and how many have a regcode should not matter at all (that is only a matching issue), for instance I have more than 40 liveries installed of the B738/A320 for SWA, Sprint, Easyjet, Sprint, RyanAir, no problems at all. It all comes down to the quality of the livery and a valid install.

"I double checked and all livieres in the PSXT liveries.xml work in the sim." How do you do that?  That does not say all. The creation (spawning) of a livery via SimConnect should work. How that is handled is out of my control, but the Sim will certainly look up info from the aircraft.cfg file it has read while starting up. 

Nico

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

SW3, SW4: point taken, now  added, will be available in the next version. (EDIT: already available in an updated 24.4)

Thanks, you are awesome 😄 

1 hour ago, kiek said:

"airborne" state: (assuming you meant flaps hanging down instead of gear hanging down ...) I also sometimes see that. There is nothing I can do about it, every livery gets the same treatment by PSXT. However, not every livery responds as it should. That is a problem in the internal logic of the livery and the way they respond to SimConnect controls about flap position and so on. Wingflex is not even controlled by PSXT, same goes for reverse thrust. These movements are done by the livery logic. AvgHeights has nothing to do with it; those heights are used to start "flare 30" at the right time.

See my screenshot here, its not the flaps (I believe they are controlled by speed?) but actually the gear. Maybe its because the hanging gear is actually touching the ground? Im not into modelling but maybe someone here reads this and knows a solution on how you can command the airplane to get to the ground all the way?

1 hour ago, kiek said:

I'm a bit puzzled about what you mean with your "mismatch" / "cannot be created"  issue. In my opion there are no mismatches, only matches. How liveries are matched is exactly specified in the Manual. The matching proces leads to a match (a livery title). That livery title is used in the SimConnect call to P3D/FSX/MSFS, asking the Sim to create an aircraft based on that title. If that proces fails, reported to you by PSXT's "cannot be created" message, then there is something wrong with the livery in your Simulator.

The problem started, when I added the special liveries (which match perfectly btw). Lets keep Southwest as an example, I have OC split scimitar winglets, NC winglets, NC split scimitar winglets, all without reg code (because there are over 400 and no database on which has what type / color). Every SWA 737 got matched randomly with either choice and it always worked. Since I added the 13 special liveries, all with "special" in the name and the proper regcode, the "regular" 737 sometimes does not find the correct match:

Spoiler

SWA4348  N474WN    BHM->DEN SWA B737 =5= FLAi_FAIB_B737_First Virtual Aviation LLC N1TS BBJ

(I have 2 BBJs and 1 completely white 737 as airline="ZZZ", its either one of them)

But if I restart PSXT it will usually find the correct match:

Spoiler

SWA4348  N474WN    BHM->DEN SWA B737 =3= FLAi_FAIB_B737_SWA-SouthwestCAN_SSW

While in the same session of PSXT, on other live flights it will find the match with all my regular SWA 737 options:

Spoiler

SWA4199  N7835A    DEN->SAN SWA B737 =3= FLAi_FAIB_B737_SWA-SouthwestCAN_SSW
SWA579   N958WN    DEN->OKC SWA B737 =3= FLAi_FAIB_B737_SWA-SouthwestNC
SWA2427  N7812G    CUN->DEN SWA B737 =3= FLAi_FAIB_B737_SWA-SouthwestNC SSW

1 hour ago, kiek said:

A generic livery for a type will only be spawned if  -in the matching proces - you have no livery of that type for the wanted airline, but you do have a generic one..

And thats excactly my problem, I get a generic one eventhough I have a correct livery installed and it even gets matched on other (live and static) aircraft.

1 hour ago, kiek said:

How many liveries you have and how many have a regcode should not matter at all (that is only a matching issue), for instance I have more than 40 liveries installed of the B738/A320 for SWA, Sprint, Easyjet, Sprint, RyanAir, no problems at all. It all comes down to the quality of the livery and a valid install.

I can confirm this with my Frontier fleet, I have 97 different liveries all with a single reg code and they always match perfectly. A couple new Aircraft have not been painted for AI yet and they match randomly with any suitable Frontier livery which looks really nice. But with Frontier I have no option withouth any reg code at all because all airplanes are totally different and there is not "the one" livery they should match with.

1 hour ago, kiek said:

"I double checked and all livieres in the PSXT liveries.xml work in the sim." How do you do that?  That does not say all. The creation (spawning) of a livery via SimConnect should work. How that is handled is out of my control, but the Sim will certainly look up info from the aircraft.cfg file it has read while starting up. 

I checked with the AI Lights Reborn preview tool, where I can select the Aircraft and it gets spawned into the sim to adjust the lights and they all show up withouth any error so it should be ok, but maybe only PSXT finds the "bad apple" in my AI...

Thanks for your help!

Hi Daniel,

About your hanging gear, it looks you are reffering to the front wheel gear. Know that I recently changed the ground pitch from 0.75 to 0. That may have caused this...

Now I've set it back to 0.75 (note that a positive pitch means nose down ...)

Just updated 24.4, please re-download and check if it helps.

EDIT: and I think I have found the cause of your "special" problem. Will come back at it soon.

EDIT2: I think I've fixed your mismatches, re-download 24.4.

the problem was: PSXT tried 5 times to draw a livery for Airline+Type without having "special" in the title. If after 5 times it did not find one, it gave up... I did not expect people to have that many "special" liveries  for one type of an airline. Now it will not give up but check all possibilities.)

Nico

Edited by kiek

49 minutes ago, kiek said:

About your hanging gear, it looks you are reffering to the front wheel gear. Know that I recently changed the ground pitch from 0.75 to 0. That may have caused this...

Now I've set it back to 0.75 (note that a positive pitch means knows down ...)

Just updated 24.4, please re-download and check if it helps.

It might need some more finetuning: See here and here 😄

The aircraft itself was perfectly leveled the way it should be but because in the flying state the main gear hangs down, the model makes contact with the ground with the lowest point which is the hanging gear at this stage and just keeps going like this.

EDIT: I just thought about it and if I recall it right, I only saw this problem with aircraft that have the gear hanging down before touchdown where in the sim the gear only made contact on the lowest point while hanging while taxiing in.

49 minutes ago, kiek said:

EDIT: and I think I have found the cause of your "special" problem. Will come back at it soon.

Great news!

Edited by DLH7LA

1 hour ago, DLH7LA said:

It might need some more finetuning: See here and here 😄

I forgot to convert 0.75 deg to radials, now fixed. See what happens.

and see my edit2 to my previous post.

EDIT2: I think I've fixed your mismatches, re-download 24.4.

( the problem was: PSXT tried 5 times to draw a livery for Airline+Type without having "special" in the title. If after 5 times it did not find one, it gave up... I did not expect people to have that many "special" liveries  for one type of an airline. Now it will not give up but check all possibilities.)

Edited by kiek

Yep, matching works now! Thanks so much 🙂

Unfortunately the wingflex / gear problem remains, but this is not the biggest issue!

Best regards!