Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv5.2 Hotfix 1 Now Available

14 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

6 months later: "Maybe in the next patch?"

You could say that about every one of the flight simulators we use.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

NAX669.png

2 minutes ago, mwilk said:

You could say that about every one of the flight simulators we use.

If you want to be reductive, sure. 

Anybody else has slow downloads with Hifisim? It takes more then 40 mins to download 229MB with a high speed wired cable connection for me.

It is only with Hifisim

Comment about the video posted by Rob A.: The cloud brightness at night and during sunset is still ugly (way too bright). Why is it so difficult to achieve a realistic night environment in 2021?  Neither P3D nor MSFS get it right (except X-Plane). In fact, FS2004 had a more realistic night environment than P3D v5 IMO 😁  

27 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Anybody else has slow downloads with Hifisim? It takes more then 40 mins to download 229MB with a high speed wired cable connection for me.

It is only with Hifisim

Same here. I experience this issue for a long time now. I saw someone asked the same in the AS forum some time ago, but HifiSim stated that on their side the download works normal without speed issues.

Edited by Rasta_Dude

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD

27 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

It is only with Hifisim

Just downloaded in 30 seconds, so no problem here.

During update releases some areas appear to have slower downloads.  We're always trying to improve our infrastructure for everyone to the best of our ability.  More upgrades are expected later this year.

• Like 12

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I assume we need to wait for an additional update for FFTF Dynamic

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

16 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

During update releases some areas appear to have slower downloads.  We're always trying to improve our infrastructure for everyone to the best of our ability.  More upgrades are expected later this year.

Damian, you forgot to mention about if all those thousands and thousands of ASP3D users are downloading at the same time slows down aswell...😉

At least as mpo910 wrote here, you where again very very quick to offer the comp. update. But you can do all best, the people stay dissatisfied...🤔 But that´s not me, i appreciate your reliable support, thank you!

Edited by BerndB
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 hour ago, cdv0007 said:

I completed the update and conducted a test flight. The problem that volumetric clouds cannot cover the terrain during certain rotation angles still exists.
I don't want to go back to the old texture cloud, because it will affect some performance and cause stuttering when it is overcast. I will continue to report to LM.

I don't know why you expected this to be fixed -- it isn't on the fix list on the LM site (https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2021/06/120807/).

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

if i´am dissatisfied because of issues, i think back in time when we where on FS98 and it all started with FSMeteo. That makes me happy about what we have today...

• Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

35 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Just downloaded in 30 seconds, so no problem here.

Same here.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker