Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv5.2 Hotfix 1 Now Available

Well just catching up on this HF release. I am scratching my head and wondering if this patch is worth the effort because so for we have 3 pages discussing nothing but what did not get fixed or approved. Other than staying up to date, did this HF actually fix anything......? This whole Enhanced atmosphere (and at this point, I use the term very loosely) thing gives me a lot of flash backs to the days of the infamous DX10 Beta goat rope. LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

22 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Damian, you forgot to mention about if all those thousands and thousands of ASP3D users are downloading at the same time slows down aswell...😉

At least as mpo910 wrote here, you where again very very quick to offer the comp. update. But you can do all best, the people stay dissatisfied...🤔 But that´s not me, i appreciate your reliable support, thank you!

I'm really sorry. It was not my intension to front against HifiSim, I should've made this more clear in my previous post. I love too how quick they are and AS is a great weather software. Use it for some years now. 🙂

17 minutes ago, pgde said:

I don't know why you expected this to be fixed -- it isn't on the fix list on the LM site (https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2021/06/120807/).

I never will understand people like pgde. I've already read some other posts from you. Is it so hard to understand that people who are paid full price for this product want a working simulator platform, that has no bugs even which are "added" in the v5.2 and were not present in the prior versions of v5?! Never will understand those flight simmers...

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Well just catching up on this HF release. I am scratching my head and wondering if this patch is worth the effort because so for we have 3 pages discussing nothing but what did not get fixed or approved. Other than staying up to date, did this HF actually fix anything......? This whole Enhanced atmosphere (and at this point, I use the term very loosely) thing gives me a lot of flash backs to the days of the infamous DX10 Beta goat rope. LOL

Hot fixes are pretty important. Something always breaks in point releases. But if you aren’t having major issues, it’s fine to wait to install it until all you’re add-ons are compatible. 

12 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

But if you aren’t having major issues, it’s fine to wait

Fortunately we still have the choice to update or wait😁

• Upvote 1

Johan Pienaar

14 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

I hate that unrealistic fuzzy EA clouds in the first video. Lets use the sharp billboard clouds instead.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

I hate that unrealistic fuzzy EA clouds in the first video. Lets use the sharp billboard clouds instead.

Lol, I agree.

39 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'll disagree with you, I think the cloud lighting at night is accurate to the current moon phase.  The moon phase will impact cloud brightness considerably at night.  Real world:

Yes, it is true that the moon phase has an impact on the cloud brightness, but one has to keep in mind that the videos you posted were made with high-exposure camera setting. How can you tell?  The moon is literally glowing, which can be used for interesting effects, but it's not nearly as bright in reality. On my night flights as passenger (when the cabin is dimmed), I have never seen it so bright. And if the clouds are brighter during a full-moon phase, they are lit from above, but dark at the bottom.

This cockpit video has a reasonable exposure in my opinion:

Boeing 737-800 Night Takeoff from Buenos Aires | Flight Deck GoPro Views - YouTube

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Looks like some additional instructions are necessary:

If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons. If running this is not possible due to add-on configurations then removing the VolumetricClouds.cfg in the “%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5” is strongly recommended due to changes to cloud appearances made in the hotfix.

Please be aware that some third party developers may have to update their add-ons to be compatible with this hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.

I am a bit confused by this. If I am reading this right I either have to run the "delete generated files" exe of delete the VolumetricClouds.cfg file? I DO NOT want to run the "delete generated files" exe file! Last time I did that I had to reinstall quite a bit of add on scenery I had.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I am a bit confused by this. If I am reading this right I either have to run the "delete generated files" exe of delete the VolumetricClouds.cfg file? I DO NOT want to run the "delete generated files" exe file! Last time I did that I had to reinstall quite a bit of add on scenery I had.

May I suggest a full uninstall of 5.2 and a full reinstall of 5.2 HF1 back into the same directory. Doing this has always worked well for me. If you use Orbx Central and have your scenery installed into library and not sim it’s a one step process. If not it’s still doable. 

Good luck, and I’m pretty sure a full uninstall of 5.2 and a reinstall of 5.2 HF1 will serve you well.

-bt

• Like 1

Okay this might sound like a dumb question as 5.2 is the first P3D version I've ever purchased. Is there not an individual hotfix patch for download or do I have to download the whole 23 GB program again? I go to the purchased downloads page and I see not hotfix link.

i don't understand why so many people are just so picky about some things, that's just my opinion.

• Like 2

Click on the "+" buttom on the download page and you can download the client file ("install_client.msi") only to install the hotfix.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, btacon said:

May I suggest a full uninstall of 5.2 and a full reinstall of 5.2 HF1 back into the same directory. Doing this has always worked well for me. If you use Orbx Central and have your scenery installed into library and not sim it’s a one step process. If not it’s still doable. 

Good luck, and I’m pretty sure a full uninstall of 5.2 and a reinstall of 5.2 HF1 will serve you well.

-bt

I went ahead and installed just the Client and Scenery update. I also deleted the VolumetricClouds.cfg file, the P3D Scenery cfg file, and the shaders folder. Everything seems to be working correctly.

13 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Click on the "+" buttom on the download page and you can download the client file ("install_client.msi") only to install the hotfix.

Thanks Lars!