Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv5.2 Hotfix 1 Now Available

51 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stan, that’s absolutely fine. Each user is free to update their sim as they see fit. If LM had said that Content and Scenery would benefit from an update I would have done the same as you. But their advice was they were optional so I went to the quick option.

I have only updated the client since first release of V5, no problems here!

7 hours ago, spilok said:

Sorry, Ray.  For some inexplicable reason, I BELIEVE that Content and Scenery MUST have been improved in some way, and I do not wish to be left out of the possibility that P3d is in some way even better than the last version.  My thinking is that if ONLY the Client were to be uninstalled and installed, then P3d would not include the Content and Scenery modules.  I may be wrong, but I don't want to miss out on a possible improvement to the scenery or the content.

Stan

Stan, your´re right in general, but the release notes for HF 1 listing improvements only for the client at this point. And just one missing texture for the scenery which is not relevant for those who don´t miss this. No improvements where mentioned for the content. Though for the HF 1 only thd client is needed.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

19 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

Is the dark cockpit problem solved?

Not really. You still need to use some kind of tweaks to make it acceptable for you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Thank you but just to clarify in the control panel I find  P3Dv5, P3D5 Client, P3D5 Content and P3D5 Scenery. Do I uninstall just P3D5, or is it P3D5 plus Client Content and Scenery, or is it just Client Content and Scenery.

Bruce

Windows control panel mate 

Uninstall the P3d which will uninstall all the contents client content and scenery 

then install the new update via installer which will install all of them again.

cheers 

mike

P3Dv5.2 with HF1 fixed the regular stutter occuring all 2 seconds on my end, I could almost not believe this, but they are gone. Or, if it was not due to P3Dv5.2 with HF1 directly, it was due to the "re-installation" of Client, Content and Scenery and the deletion of the generated files. Whatever it was, I am happy now...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Same here with the stutters.  I used to get a long pause as well when loading scenery areas during flight.  That has completely gone as well.  The FPS has never been more stable as well using 30 fps in NV Control panel, even with heavy airlines and airport scenery using AIG traffic.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

On 7/3/2021 at 1:23 AM, rlaycock said:

Hi Bruce

For what it is worth I have always just uninstalled the client then installed the new client.  Up until this update I never had a problem.

However this time I had V5.1 HF1 running fine.  I uninstalled the client and reinstalled the client for 5.2 HF1 and it all went pear shaped.  

Thanks to help from Ray and others on this forum, I followed the advice given by these knowledgeable folk, uninstalled all 3 (client content and scenery), then installed P3D V5.2 HF1 from the full download, it worked.  Now I have everything working fine.

Note, When I started the V5.2 HF1 install process,  the installer reported a version of P3D V5 was installed, do I want to uninstall?

I accepted to uninstall, then the install went fine.  I assume this was because I did not uninstall the straight P3DV5.   

Some folk say this was due to me trying to go directly from V5.1 HF1 to V5.2 HF1 (skipping V5.2).   If this was the case I feel LM should make this clear in the instructions.

Also remember not to deactivate when you uninstall the client

best wishes

Bob

Thanks for the report Bob. I'm in the same boat in deciding which way is the best way to update. Can anyone confirm that if we just uninstall 5.1 HF1 from Control Panel and run the new 5.2 HF1 full installer that we will not loose anything? Or is it best option to do what Bob did. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

9 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Thanks for the report Bob. I'm in the same boat in deciding which way is the best way to update. Can anyone confirm that if we just uninstall 5.1 HF1 from Control Panel and run the new 5.2 HF1 full installer that we will not loose anything? Or is it best option to do what Bob did. 

You can’t safely update the Client only from one hotfix to the next. That’s where Bob encountered problems.

In your case I would uninstall 5.1 completely and then run the full installer for 5.2HF1.

Don't run the Delete Generated Files command. That wipes out critical files meaning you have a lot more work.

I suggest you backup add-on.cfg, scenery.cfg and prepar3d.cfg. Those are in appdata\roaming\LM\P3Dv5 from memory.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I suggest you backup add-on.cfg, scenery.cfg and prepar3d.cfg. Those are in appdata\roaming\LM\P3Dv5 from memory.

Scenery.cfg and one of two add-on.cfg files are in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Prepar3D.cfg and the other add-ons.cfg file are in C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Both of these folders are hidden by default, selecting "Show hidden files, folders and drives" will reveal them.

Prepar3D.cfg should always be deleted or renamed between updates.

@Wise87There are several accurate guides as to how to update P3D v5, which you can either read, follow and succeed, or go your own way and run into all kinds of problems. Here is one:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/192424-installing-a-p3d-v5-hotfix-or-update-correctly/

Here is another, written for P3D v4 but the procedure is identical:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

...In your case I would uninstall 5.1 completely and then run the full installer for 5.2HF1...

Wouldn't running the full installer do the same as deleting generated files?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, kaha said:

Karl

I've never done a full install after a full uninstall so can't comment. I imagine those files would be removed with a full uninstall.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, kaha said:

Karl

Don’t think so. Some files are left behind after uninstalling P3d. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

46 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Don’t think so. Some files are left behind after uninstalling P3d. 

Yes, but the new install would overwrite the files I think.

Karl

Edited by kaha

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

2 hours ago, kaha said:

Yes, but the new install would overwrite the files I think.

P3D does NOT remove its configuration files or shaders when it is uninstalled. That is why LM includes the Delete Generated Files batch file which removes all of the folders created to contain the configuration files and the shaders. Unless at least the Prepar3D.cfg file is renamed or deleted, the changes made to that file in the update will not be implemented. Similarly, if the shaders folder is not deleted, then the updated version will run using the existing shaders from the "old" version. Both of these are likely to cause problems in the new version.

95% of problems with P3D experienced by users after an update are because they chose to follow their own paths instead of the detailed guides that are provided to ensure that these problems are avoided. Computers do not understand "I would think that..." or "surely that can't be right, I will do this instead". The final 5% of problems result from mis-installed addons which were causing problems in the last version which persist into the updated version.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2