Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FPS increase coming?

• Like 5

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

9 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

Capture.jpg

someone's been busy with the dozer

They haven't decreased any trees.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

10 minute video for something that can be summed up in two. Ok.

This is for the "I don't believe it until I see it" people.
We've been hurt so often before. 🙂

• Like 2

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I do think we need to be careful about taking the claim quite so literally. I can see so much potential for real heartbreak in a month's time if not everyone sees the same benefit. They might have been better served just to have stated they've seen a "nice" performance increase on their test systems.

That said, obviously - obviously! - such an increase would be welcomed by every single one of us.

Edited by spacedyemeerkat
  • Like 4

With all the “optimisations” coming to make better use of CPU and GPU power, it might even go the other way for some…. Worse performance.

My guess is that Asobo team are running pretty high end systems. No doubt they are tuning MSFS on that type of hardware. For those that are getting rather good performance on ageing and now very average systems, such as mine (specs below), I am worried that these optimisations will actually hurt us.

Hope I am wrong.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

60%? Ha ha ha.

Sounds like one of those late-night weight loss infomercials.

Huge if true. The clouds look a bit strange though...

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

With all the “optimisations” coming to make better use of CPU and GPU power, it might even go the other way for some…. Worse performance.

My guess is that Asobo team are running pretty high end systems. No doubt they are tuning MSFS on that type of hardware. For those that are getting rather good performance on ageing and now very average systems, such as mine (specs below), I am worried that these optimisations will actually hurt us.

Hope I am wrong.

The video I saw the guy (Koch?) using his own computer - i7 9700 and Rtx 2060, so no slouch but pretty solidly mid-spec I’d say. He was demonstrating a jump from ~40 to ~60 FPS over Manhattan at the same settings. I’d imagine a lot of things were set carefully here to demonstrate the benefit, so I’m conservatively expecting in just normal scenes it’ll be a sort of up to 10fps boost with bigger differences happening if there’s a lot going on. 

37 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Huge if true. The clouds look a bit strange though...

The footage in his video of the Cessna flying around the clouds wasn’t from the livestream yesterday. So that is pre-Sim Update 5 footage. I guess he’s just running with the clouds lower than Ultra.

A couple of inaccuracies from the video regarding DX12:

- He mentioned that MS/Asobo had always maintained that DX12 was coming to PC when the Xbox version was released. This is not correct. They’ve always said that it would come in 2021, but never specified a timeframe. The community just made the assumption.

- He says that raytracing will come to the Xbox version at release. This is also untrue. Seb explicitly said that the Xbox version will run on DX12, but that they won’t add the visual improvements associated with DX12 (including raytracing) until later. This may or may not be the same time that they bring DX12 to the pc.

I’ve seen quite a few people also stating that this is evidence of them focusing on XBox and that the PC version will become abandonware. Anyone who actually watched the stream last night (or indeed any other of the dev Q&As) will know that this is nonsense. Several times during the stream they mentioned cases where they will allow users on PC to push the limits of what the sim can handle - unlike on Xbox where performance will be more controlled. 

• Like 3

History tells us that games become more realistic, demanding better hardware which consumers buy. No way will MS optimise a game that much for older hardware. 

38 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

The video I saw the guy (Koch?) using his own computer - i7 9700 and Rtx 2060, so no slouch but pretty solidly mid-spec I’d say. He was demonstrating a jump from ~40 to ~60 FPS over Manhattan at the same settings. I’d imagine a lot of things were set carefully here to demonstrate the benefit, so I’m conservatively expecting in just normal scenes it’ll be a sort of up to 10fps boost with bigger differences happening if there’s a lot going on. 

I saw that comparison somewhere else as well, but noticed it was 4K resolution with a render scale of 40... Wouldn't that make it essentially rendered at a sub-1080p resolution? Might not be very representative of performance boosts for people running native resolutions (render scale 100). I'm just gonna wait and see.

I have trust issues with those guys. lol  ill beleive it when I see it. too many broken promises w these guys. 

• Like 2

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080