Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FPS increase coming?

42 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

. I would recommend to enjoy the current, relatively stable build and not to worry about the next one.

Chaotic B, my friend, you have a sick sense of humor 🤣 

• Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It sounds to me the plan is to regress the PC version so much backward in graphical fidelity that it's basically the same as the Xbox game. 

How can they possibly think this is a good idea?

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

41 minutes ago, Tayyareci said:

should beta testers suggest to delay and have time to fix the issues ?

You overestimate the influence of the testers on these kinds of decisions.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

How can they possibly think this is a good idea?

Because we don't have any choice. No real alternative. We will (have to) take what we get.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Some people will never be happy no matter what Asobo/MS do.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

You overestimate the influence of the testers on these kinds of decisions.

Ah sorry, I was just thinking loud about it would be nice that if testers raise hand and share this idea (delaying if in a so bad state) with the board. Maybe Asobo is fearing about delay and these kind of suggestions from testers may change their mind and they may consider testers ideas as community reference . I know that testers are only testers and nothing more than sharing experiences in detail 🤗 Anyway. From now on I will stop worrying about whats coming in and just live the day. It's really pointless to discuss without having clear information under NDA thing. I am tired of searching the real facts. Thanks for all tester sharings. At least we have lowered our hype and being a bit ready about some possible(!) disappointments. 

Edited by Tayyareci
  • Like 1

Faruk IŞIK

I have read this thread with great interest.

I have had many ups and downs in my lifetime, divorce, death of a child in a horrible accident, deployment overseas for a war and degraded health from said war. This is nothing, it is a game. SHEESH!!!!! 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

Get used to disappointment - The Dread Pirate Roberts

Some rather panicky messages from creators with pre launch access here - https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/1040/sim-update-v5-should-we-report-bugs.html

I've had a large proportion of my uploaded noodlings cratered by supposedly innocuous world updates so I'm well and truly not looking forward to this one. 

Edited by superspud

7 minutes ago, superspud said:

Some rather panicky messages from creators with pre launch access here - https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/1040/sim-update-v5-should-we-report-bugs.html

I've had a large proportion of my uploaded noodlings cratered by supposedly innocuous world updates so I'm well and truly not looking forward to this one. 

What I read there was complaints about animations. Let’s just say that there has been upgrades since those posts. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Chaotic B, my friend, you have a sick sense of humor 🤣 

You can't be in AVSIM forums without one!

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, espent said:

What I read there was complaints about animations. Let’s just say that there has been upgrades since those posts. 

Another one here from a few hours ago - https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/1347/x-box-workflow-changes.html

By the looks of things visibility is going to be changed big time which will mess with an awful lot of addons, and no doubt the in sim stuff too. 

I'm not sure if that's Xbox specific and maybe they have a lovely surprise but it's looking a bit ominous right now.  

Edited by superspud
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, superspud said:

From the link,

However, the SIM UPDATE V is a real disaster when it comes to problems with the visibility of objects in the distance,

Jetways that are not visible,
objects that are usually small, such as vehicles or people a few meters away from them you can no longer see them, even the simulator terrain itself where there is terrain is a complete disaster.

Makes sense I guess, if to reduce stutters they nerfed the number of small objects being loaded in, but it'll be disappointing if there's no slider letting us get a balance for ourselves.

• Like 2

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

It looks like Asobo is simply requiring LODs (which is probably where some of the performance gains come from) where they have not been in the past.

"I'm yet to add any LOD's to any of my commercial products as performance has been good so far and very worried now that I'll possibly have to re-do a lot of my work."

The dev that wrote that chose to ignore LODs because performance has been good with their product. If every dev does the same thing, performance will absolutely tank when we install multiple add-ons. LODs exist so that the sim doesn't have to draw every single object (particularly those in the distance) with maximum detail. Why have the sim draw dirt streaks, signage, and other small details on objects 2 miles away when we can never see them? At that distance, a simple model (LOD) with the correct color, size, and proportion would be sufficient.

That is not a simulator issue. The dev took a shortcut and only did one high def object that gets drawn in full detail every time we get close enough for the sim to render it in the field of view, even if we are not close enough to see the details. I don't know about you, but I don't want to buy ANY add-ons that do not include LODs. I do not want my sim wasting memory and draw calls on things I can not see. MSFS could use the extra memory and draw calls on things that matter. Like trees. It is certainly not a bug. I hope Asobo tells the devs to pound sand if they ask to make LODs optional. It makes no sense.

• Like 7

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

14 minutes ago, bbsmitz said:

From the link,

Makes sense I guess, if to reduce stutters they nerfed the number of small objects being loaded in, but it'll be disappointing if there's no slider letting us get a balance for ourselves.

15 minutes ago, bbsmitz said:

However, the SIM UPDATE V is a real disaster when it comes to problems with the visibility of objects in the distance,

Jetways that are not visible,
objects that are usually small, such as vehicles or people a few meters away from them you can no longer see them, even the simulator terrain itself where there is terrain is a complete disaster.

Sounds like some devs need to watch this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3NBsESkgA  Simple workaround to make objects appear earlier.

Creating objects with different LODs should accomplish the same thing. Whoever you quoted did not say if they had used LODs in their models. I'd bet that they did not.

I guess we'll have to see what's what but if LODing becomes mandatory for everything then a lot of towels are going to be thrown in.  

Many a model falls apart with a 5-10% reduction in polygon count so they'd probably have to be completely remade as simpler new ones. For prolific creators that could add up to well over a thousand models. 

Anyway, conjecture for now.