Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FPS increase coming?

6 minutes ago, superspud said:

Right. I think I get it now. Just purely add something to the XML of the existing model to fool the sim. 

It’s actually not even “fooling” it per se.  The spec allows the developer to define the number of entries in the table and create the gltf files for each step.  That list CAN be a single entry if you wish.  The docs suggest guidelines but you don’t technical have to follow them if you think a different handling works better for your mod.

Keep in mind that I don’t have the Beta or nee SDK so am not 100% that what I’m saying hasn’t changed.

35 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

*(Disclaimer: I am not a Brit nor particularly well educated, I just enjoy reading without getting an embolism)

Made my day! Thank you!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

I just watched the performance video again and I could not see anything on the sides popping in as they panned around. This was visible in the tree fix portion of the video. 

There aren’t any 3rd party sceneries in that video.  If you run vanilla MSFS without 3rd party sceneries, MSFS should work just like before.

The problem crops up with 3rd party sceneries where the developer did not define the other LODs of the object.  For example, if the 3rd party developer did not define all LODs for a taxiway sign.  Then the taxiway sign will “pop up” out of nowhere when you approach it.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

24 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Now we're once again chasing a new update which is breaking things again on a much larger scale (Sim Update V). Instead of patching things from previous MSFS updates, I'm now patching things for a future update.. which is the reason why this fix has taken so long.

https://forum.flightbeam.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3875

At least they now have a semi-regular beta programme now allowing devs to patch in advance of the update.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

29 minutes ago, WestAir said:

You're doing fine. I tried learning a 2nd language (Japanese) and after half a decade and >1,000 hours I gave up. I have mad respect for anyone who learns a second language. Those of you who know three or more? Geniuses the lot of you.

I'm a year into Korean. Couldn't agree more. Massive respect to anyone with more than one language

17 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

At least they now have a semi-regular beta programme now allowing devs to patch in advance of the update.

Don’t quite me on this, but I heard the only reason they knew about it was due to a leak. Again, don’t quote me. 

At least I know I don't need to upgrade my CPU or GPU as long as the XBox X has no successor.

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

2 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

I'm a year into Korean. Couldn't agree more. Massive respect to anyone with more than one language

No kidding. I took Japanese in college. It was a "word not allowed" show. 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

There aren’t any 3rd party sceneries in that video.  If you run vanilla MSFS without 3rd party sceneries, MSFS should work just like before.

The problem crops up with 3rd party sceneries where the developer did not define the other LODs of the object.  For example, if the 3rd party developer did not define all LODs for a taxiway sign.  Then the taxiway sign will “pop up” out of nowhere when you approach it.

That sounds great! Expectations rising again lol.  

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I remind everyone there is an NDA and beta tester don't even know if they were testing against the final version to be release on July 27th.  

+1.

Respect the NDA fellow testers.

2 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

How do you say, "Please no stutters" in Korean?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

@Mace 버터처럼 부드럽게 만들어주세요 🤣
Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Lol at the pre whining that has begun. 

I remember the dire declarations from some of the alpha testers before the sim launched saying it will be a failure by exaggerating the issues. Same thing now.

Never change flight sim community.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Lol at the people whining about people 'whining' when they are just discussing their concerns - never changes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

36 minutes ago, ckyliu said:
@Mace 버터처럼 부드럽게 만들어주세요 🤣

If I could choose between butter smooth MFS2020 under VR or fluency in Korean, I would pick the latter.  However both are unlikely in my lifetime

• Like 1