Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

NZ North Island - unregistered airstrips

Today we visit a couple of small and even smaller airstrips in New Zealand. All of them are in the southern part of New Zealand's North Island.
We depart from Wellington (NZWN) and follow a clockwise route, ending at Pencarrow Head (NZ4Q).

wellingtonmvkxj.jpg

There are twelve landings enroute, most of them small grass fields. These fields are to my knowledge not included in the MSFS database.
We land at Ohariu Farm (NZ4N), Ohariu (NZ4P), Ohariu Valley (NZ4M), Belmont Airstrip (NZ4L), and Battle Hill Station (NZ4G). The next landings are at the default airports of Paraparaumu (NZPP),  and Masterton (NZMS). Then we are back to the smaller airstrips. We land at Parsons Landing (NZ4J) and Riversdale Beach (NZ4I). One more default airport is Masterton's second airfield (NZPW). We head back into the Pakuratahi Forrest and land at Kaitoke (NZ4H) and Rimutaka (NZ4R) before we reach today's destination Pencarrow Head (NZ4Q).

Flight plans are here.

Aircraft: The flight has only 160 miles but 12 landings. A "low and slow" airplane would be a good choice and I will be in a Savage Grravel. As always, please fly what you like.

Scenery: Required :

New Zealand North Island unregistered airstrips - Part 1 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

New Zealand North Island unregistered airstrips - Part 2 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

New Zealand North Island airfield pack Pt. 3 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

We could make at least one more flights using these three packs!

Recommended and optional: 

NZWN - Wellington Airport Enhancement Version 2.01 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Time and Weather

Recommended Departure time of 1:00PM local. 

Particulars:

Date and time: Wednesday July 7, 18:00 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

MFS Multiplayer: US Eastcoast Server

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Like 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

t18oCqJ5XnWv.jpg

Does anyone have the right hand group of instruments 'greyed out'? Almost as if they have cataracts! That's on the Carbon gravel and the ggravel.

Edited by Ron Attwood
put in a picture.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

No, not on my machine...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

A lesson in 'housekeeping' to be learned here. I had a tidy up of aircraft that were not wanted. i.e. the Zlin Cub. I mean, who uses it, right? Gotgravel uses it, that's who. 🙄

Thanks Mike, I'm glad we kept you on.

Incidentally, did you know these gravels can take off backwards? Into a 30kt headwind they can! Real weather will be interesting.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

What a wonderful set of challenges. Well done. 😎

• Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1