Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

F1 GTN ...will it, won't it? 🤣

If you're affected, you know! 🤣

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I still have P3DV4.5 on my system, have moved on to the two other sims.  My P3D and all its addons, planes work perfectly and fluid.  Just can't see spending anymore time on this sim at this point in time.

Do I suspect that the GTN isn't working in the new versions?  Mine works just fine as is.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Oh, I know. I am downloading 5.2 HF1 right now. Already checked their Updater tool. This version is not supported yet. The question is "How long"? Also... in December the updates go away. So next time LM publishes a new version, Flight1 GTN Complete goes bye-bye... THANKFULLY, I didn't buy their GNS - went with RXP for that one. When Flight1 GTN dies, I will buy the RXP version too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I still have P3DV4.5 on my system, have moved on to the two other sims.  My P3D and all its addons, planes work perfectly and fluid.  Just can't see spending anymore time on this sim at this point in time.

It depends highly on what type of flying you do, with what systems, where, and under what conditions.  Great that you are where you are at.  Not so much for others.  No argument.  Just recognition.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have v4.5 setup for the GA and GTN addons. Works fine and no hassles with P3D upgrades (for now) 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

I have v4.5 setup for the GA and GTN addons. Works fine and no hassles with P3D upgrades (for now) 🙂

Again, because you are on an old version of the sim. 

I've used F1GTN, seems like forever, but I think after this and the rumors that they are abandoning the app in a few months, I'll bite the bullet and drop them now. No sense in beating a dead horse.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

and the rumors that they are abandoning the app in a few months

Not a rumor. Until just recently the statement below was on the Flight1 website . Apparently the developer of the Flight1 GTNs has 'moved on'.

"Important Information on the GTN/GNS Complete Series Products

The developers of the GTN Complete and GNS Complete products have informed Flight One Software that they have stopped active development on these products. As a result, we will discontinue sales of these products after the close of business on June 30, 2021. This decision is beyond Flight One Software's control. Updates and support for the GTN Complete and GNS Complete will end December 31, 2021. The developers will update for P3D v5.2 compatibility. Previous purchasers will still be able to re-download their purchases in their Flight1 Agent libraries".

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ark said:

Not a rumor. Until just recently the statement below was on the Flight1 website . Apparently the developer of the Flight1 GTNs has 'moved on'.

Are you saying that you believe they are not even going to honor support until December? In that case its kaput.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

32 minutes ago, rickgo said:

Are you saying that you believe they are not even going to honor support until December?

NO! The quote above says support until the end of this year. I have no reason to doubt that. I was just saying it seems the reason Flight1 had to post the above in the first place is because the developer wants to move on to other things (to MSFS would be my guess, but I certainly don't really know) .  I did see that a former member of the Flight1 GTN support team is now involved with the development of a GTN750 for MSFS.  MSFS represents a huge potential market, and the sense I get from reading the forums is there already is a strong demand for a fully functional GTN 750. It does appear there are some significant technical challenges, however.

Al

Edited by ark

The developer has moved on but the decision to discontinue support was not his.  Just for clarification, his post on the matter is in this thread.  Folks who wish to use the GTN/GNS products should look to RXP.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Again, because you are on an old version of the sim. 

True, but the jets go on v5. Best of both worlds 🙂

Just to clarify, can we expect to get an update for 5.2 HF1 because it's not December 31st yet?

33 minutes ago, av8r172 said:

Just to clarify, can we expect to get an update for 5.2 HF1 because it's not December 31st yet?

Your guess is as good as ours. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Your guess is as good as ours. 

Wonderful lol