Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

C90 GTX in Marketplace

We really need a way to view products online and not in the sim. The marketplace GUI is clunky, especially when it comes to reviews and screenshots.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks like a hard pass according to initial reviews

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/king-air-c90-by-bt-studio/415254

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Seems like it is totally broken and unflyable.

It is very odd that Microsoft take ages to approve stuff for the marketplace, making devs resubmit products for minor issue with things like the thumbnails not being up to scratch, and then turn around and say the store is "not curated" and take no responsibility for quality of the actual content and claim it is between the user and dev to sort out   Simmarket of course have a similar "we do not curate" approach.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Yup. This thing doesn't move. AT ALL. On full power. And the MFD is broken too. 

I don't have the C90, and had not heard of the developer before today, but I have to believe something unexpected happened "on the way to the Marketplace". Maybe a file was accidentally left out, or became corrupted somehow, etc.  I can't imagine a developer who wanted to stay in business would knowingly release a plane with the extreme problems I've read about here and over on the MS forum. It may well turn out that this C90 'when working' is still severely deficient in many respects, but there has to be some 'reasonable' explanation for the 'disaster' (e.g., doesn't move at all) users have reported so far. Or at least I sure hope so. Clearly this is not good PR for MS or their Marketplace.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

Hopefully the unfortunate situation with the C90 will be resolved quickly both for the sake of those who have purchased it and for the developer. But the currently reported situation does raise an interesting theoretical question upon which to ponder.

Should any aircraft that does not move even under full power be rightfully listed in the Marketplace under the Aircraft or the Scenery category?     😉

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Even @Chock won’t be taking one for the team this time I suspect….

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

4 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Yup. This thing doesn't move. AT ALL. On full power. And the MFD is broken too. 

i am sorry but you knew it is from a not very good creator, people should stop buying from those, because they will go on that way.

its not ms/asobo issue at all.

11 minutes ago, wim123 said:

i am sorry but you knew it is from a not very good creator, people should stop buying from those, because they will go on that way.

its not ms/asobo issue at all.

It would look like MSFS are supplying a product that doesn't meet the basic requirement of being fit for purpose under English/Welsh law at the very least.

This promises to be an entertaining thread....

I guess fools and their $$ are soon parted.

On a more serious note: Stop buying word not allowed the day it arrives

Edited by Ricardo41

14 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This promises to be an entertaining thread....

I guess fools and their $$ are soon parted.

On a more serious note: Stop buying word not allowed the day it arrives

Sorry but this is a bad assumption. This plane was advertised in the dev update. You dont expect this on the In Sim store. In any case I have bought this POS and that's me done. I have been had twice now on the store. Thats me done now buying on the in sim market place, and its getting to the point where I am done with the sim too. I said this would happen and MS ASOBO's response is...its not their job to curate planes.

28 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Does any marketplace check any content before publishing it? I can't really think of any that does. 

Maybe not, but you have some kind of recourse. I have had refunds from Simmarket before, and a few other places. This is their store, its no one else's, they decide what goes on it.

Our P-40 went on the marketPlace not too long ago. The process was very long, and it "looked" like they were actually checking stuff. Unclear what the actual checks are, but one for sure is content description, screenshots, etc. We are still unsure if they actually tried the plane at all. Ours wasnt broken anyway 😄 

• Like 1