Sign in to follow this  
Mace

No Cars

Guest snudge

Does anyone more technically minded than me know the answer to my problem ?!For some reason all of the AI Car Traffic has disappered. Not even a car/lorry on the road when set to 100%I know these can be a frame rate hog but its always nice to have the option !Thanks for any help you can give. RichardP4 3.0Ghz2Ghz RamX1600 pro 512Mb

Have you perchance added some kind of ROADS 3rd party package that has wiped out/derailed certain textures/files that car traffic rendering needs?I'm probably grasping at straws, but at least its a place to start, and then cross-off as to why...Mitch R.

Guest snudge

I appreciate your thoughts / help. I haven't installed any adiitional software. I have made a couple of modifications, namely to resize the cloud and tree textures as per Matt Fox when FSX was released. Clearly I have done something to make them disappear but I haven't got a clue what !!Richard.

Possibly something was overwritten by mistake. I haven ever heard of anyone losing their automobiles doing Matt Fox's mods though.Are you positive that the roads you are looking at, actually are supposed to have the moving traffic on them? Not many roads in FSX actually have traffic.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest snudge

I wasn't aware that the traffic is not in all areas. Having said that I have tried different location, mainly in the UK such as around London and also parts of America, no where I go seems to have the traffic now.

Guest rightnumberone

Wish I could manage this in the meatspace.Sigh.

>I wasn't aware that the traffic is not in all areas. >Oh yes, there is really very little traffic in FSX roads. Only the roads designated as "limited-access freeways" have it.>Having said that I have tried different location, mainly in>the UK such as around London and also parts of America, no>where I go seems to have the traffic now. Test it out: Go to KCGI (my home airport), and literally 100 feet east of the airport is a road that DOES have traffic on it, in default FSX scenery.If yours doesn't, something is wrong with your setup, or hardware.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB