Sign in to follow this  
apomet

Unable to initialize Database

After I upgraded to latest version I get this message. I uninstalled and reinstalled, erased all folders from application data as well but I still get the same message.

https://ibb.co/tqMtPvL

Finally the program opens. What can I do to eliminate this?

Edited by apomet

Check to be sure that the database file in the error message does indeed exist in the directory being specified.

If it does, then delete the associated log file named P2ADynamicData_log.ldf.  It will get rebuilt when you start the program again.

If that doesn't do it, try starting the program as administrator.  Right-click on the exe file or icon and pick "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

If that still doesn't do it, try uninstalling and then installing while logged in as the APO_Desktop user, or whatever user you plan to start it from.  It could be a permissions issue.

Dave

I have done everything you said but still get the same error.

Finally I uninstalled everything, deleted all folders from Appdata as well, cleaned my registry, installed again the program as administrator but nothing. At the initial screen it stops at 10%Done and the I get the "Unable to..." message.

The latest version, 2.6.3 R2, has a fix for this.

Download and install the FULL version, not the update, over your current installation and it should work.

If you have a Navigraph or NavDataPro subscription, updating the data should have the same effect.

Dave