Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

Wilco/FeelThere Airbus

Guest Danko

I now that thay have "no refund policy", but can we do something here?Thay took 50 Euro from us for something that doesent do what they said it will do.It is not functional. Rubish!I have fill the support form more than 12 hours ago and stil didnt get any reply. not eaven automated.Let me get clear here. I didnt expect anything septacular. I just wanted it to work. To have FMC and auto flight in fsx until airlinerXp is out. But this.... thay can be very happy if somebody dont sue them! I'm so mad because i dont remember that i was ever chited this way. 50 euro is not small money. And I realy dont want to deposit my money with them and wait for service packs. I'm not a bank!So any idea on how to stop this?

I downloaded it last night also, the $50 is no big deal and curiosity got the best of me. I was able to download the Deluxe FS9 version on the second try so I was pleasantly surprised.The pleasant surprise blew up in my face like an IED in Iraq after I got a load of this bug ridden monstrosity that Feelthere developed and Wilco released.Many of the OBVIOUS bugs have been pointed out on this forum, and since Feelthere says that they are not supporting THEIR PRODUCT until next week, so complain to Wilco, it is what it is.I've already called Mastercard and disputed the charge. Broken product and no support (I'm not concerned when Feelthere will decide to support their product). I've already stated my case to my CC company and they will charge back the money to my account. Simple and plain.Quite frankly, I've had it with the trash some developers are trying to pass off for ever increasing amounts of money. So I say this, this time for complaining is over. The time for shoveling money for the sake of *supporting* developers is over. Now, I am voting with my wallet. Deliver garbage, receive a chargeback, end of story. I suggest you do the same because complaining never gets you anywhere.Thank GOD there is still a Flight1 who stands by EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT they release. From now on, if it doesn't come in a Flight1 wrapper, I will be very hard pressed to buy it. AND the funny thing is that Fight1 has a very liberal refund policy and I've NEVER even considered using it! How about that?

Hmmm, the guy in the Avsim SS Forum seems to like his new 'bus:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I've paid for it but can't download it.>>The download link they sent me does not have a password.>>It only has an order number and key code; which I think is for>installing the program/registration later?>>Anyway, I've tried using the order number and the key code for>starting the download but neither work. So I'm

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest lalo lolo1

Lol, it is funny how most people in these forums always complain about new releases (except for the PMDG ones, which are not bug free at all when they are release, wonder why). I remember when the LDS was released. A saw a lot of postings saying it was unflyable too.Wait for the SPs. they will come and will address most of your problemsI am not a big fan of Feelthere, although I have to say that their ERJs + 737 are very very good. Oh well not as good as the LDS or the QOTS, but at the price I paid for them I was very happy with what I got.Until FT+Wilco release SP1,2 etc (that they will as they had done with every product) I will answer some of your complaints, just to demonstrate that not everything has to work perfectly to enjoy FS.Batteries cannot be switched from the VC. Oh, come on. I fly everything from the VC and there are a lot of products that need to have switches used from the 2d. I mind so little about this that I have been able to merge a lot of great panels with ACs with VCs. Of course I am not able to use all the switches from the VC, but as long as I can take off and land within the VC I am happy. What do I care about batteries, lol.Navigational DB is poor: Oh yeah, nothing new with FT products. They had improved it a lot since they released the ERJ, but is still poor compared to others, mostly with PSS's ones that have every procedure, wp and airway that exist out there. I guess this will still improve more as time passes and users keep adding SID and STARS. Yet the wps and airways continue to be poor. Nonetheless I still like the FT products.AT THR CLB is not working after initial climb as supposed. Not sure what you mean, but if is just that you can't climb with the AT that's something I can live with until there's another A320 or a SP is released.QNH Knob is not working from the VC. USE THE 2D!!!ILS freq is not set on app. Well that's something Airbuses are supposed to do, but you can do it manually until a SP, can't you?Autopilot is not working on ILS. Land manually, I know an airbus should do it by itself, but what is the fun of flying it you let it do it by itself. I hardly ever use autolands.The whole FMC calculates silly things. What are those?TC and TD are not calculated in real time. Like most addons I can say. And the engines canot be fully turned off. I can live with this until SP.The thig that makes me MAD is that Wilcos site is down because who knows how many people are buying this thing. Well I am with you here. Wilco is awful. I guess FT works with them as they have a good deal, but Wilco is bad.Can we as a community do something about companyes that are takeing our money and not dilivering eaven 50% of what they claim that they will!? My bet is that, like said in other topic, this AC was released as per Wilco date, not FT date, and what hadn't be finished will only start to feel right after SP1 or SP2.What awes me is the price, and I start blaming PMDG for that, who are the ones that like to pull the most they can from our pockets. They set a price that's higher than any other addon, then everyone follow them. It seems Wilco is doing the same now. Too expensive, and all our salaries hadn't raised in years.Leo

i've never had more than a 24 hour delay in getting my counter reset (did this a few times during the update process with the 737).wilco is 8-5/M-F. i belive their zulu time is -0100, so keep this in mind when sending requests.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>Lol, it is funny how most people in these forums always>complain about new releases (except for the PMDG ones, which>are not bug free at all when they are release, wonder why).i've never understood why so many simmers have forgotten the 736-7 and 738-9 release issues. the uproar. anger. comments of legal action and refunds. the 'its unflyable' comments filled the forums, etc.add this little wrench in the mix -- PMDG were not in charge of the navdata and the manual was released after the product. the sim commuity 'hung PMDG out to dry.'now ... nothing. great company. the best. can do no wrong.the 737NG is a mature product. after months of hard work things were corrected and it is seen as a benchmark product.nothing survive a release error free. no product will be perfect (there are just to many differing opinions on what is 'right'). there are to many different PCs on the market for every possible hardware/software combination/conflict to be found during beta.if you are unsure about a developer or product, don't buy it!. if you have a concern about a product post a description of the challenge - not a flame. if a CTD occurs what were you during just prior to the crash; and have you been able to duplicate the CTD. i don't care how good the programmer, fixing 'it sucks' is a challenge when looking at all the computer code.--

Guest Danko

I simply can not accept what Leo is saying.Yes, it is a "game", but the rules are the same for any other product on any other market.I have a software company and I cant imagine that we would release something that hasent been tested. Or sell something unfinished simply to get money to finish development.That is what they did. Sold us something that hasent eaven been in beta phase, and now WE, the users are financing finishing of the product. OK, I can live with that if they announce that in form of preorder or something. But this has ofended me wery much! OR, I want a share i profits If I give them money for development! You know what I want to say.All that you have said is ok for product worth max $10!I shure will contact my credit card company.

Think yourself lucky you even have the thing! I bought it and downloaded, cant install it as it keeps on asking me for the default FS2004 path when I have the FSX download and suprise, suprise Wilco are not even replying to my support questions. To top it all I have no downloads left as it kept on dropping out halfway and telling me I had downloaded it! Wilco should have ank replacing ilc!!!!!Off no to Paypal to get a refund!

Greg B

Leo, I understand most of your points and while I agree with you that some bugs are trivial, it is obvious that it is yet another product that has been rushed out prematurely.Some of the bugs are so obvious that one has to scratch his head and ask, if the developers have ever taken it for a test flight, because otherwise they would have immediately been able to identify the problem. Those bugs are not bugs that happen only under certain special circumstances caused by non-standard configuration, but they occur to all of us. That it is the problem that I have with it. If someone would have taken the time to virtually walk around the VC, test every button, land with ILS, use the AP, shut down the engines, etc. then they have been able to immediately fix it. It's pure sloppiness (and/or laziness) by the developer that this has not occured before the release.Of course, you can 'work around' all the issues, but where does it start and where does it stop?Pat

Ugh... I actually like the Feelthere Airbus (I'm probably "the guy from SS forum who likes it") :)Not in FSX, I fly it in FS9, but hey, they shouldn't be so different?While I noticed most of the bugs you people counted out here, what about the good sides? I have rarely seen 2D gauges as smooth as FT Airbus ones! Smooth, really smooth and combined with the Fly-by-wire system it's a pure joy to fly manually. I have flown it a lot since I got it (yes, I got up at 4:00 Zulu to get it - at 100mbps, no less.) and I can only say that after I got used to this unique system it's absolutely marvelous. I like the sounds as well - except the break in the APU sound. The IAE variant has that characteristic whine I came to like. :)FMGC? Works for me, FPs can be imported straight from FS while we wait for a better navigational database. It has a lot more functions than the PSS bus. Autopilot can be a bit sluggish at times, but so far it works pretty well. Managed climbs/descents, open climb/descents... So, I wouldn't say the bus is unflyable, it is actually way better than the PSS one in my opinion. Flight model seems to be really good, too, but since I only flew gliders IRL, I can't say that with authority. It just feels right to me. Sure, there are bugs, but as some of you noticed, which new product doesn't have them?Oh yea, there was one! The Dreamfleet B727! That A/C must be the most underrated A/C in the history of flightsim.But I digress...I have almost all "major" add-ons and fly them "properly" - as much as one can use such a term in FS. :) So, if someone wants to call me a bus a really excited user, go right ahead. But then, please, I am also a Boeing a really excited user, a MD80 a really excited user (I love Coolsky Mad Dog, btw) and so on and on...Life is too short to sit and bi*ch all day long (Ok, I was pretty pi**ed off when I couldn't get to Wilco's site, I admit, but as I wrote earlier, I got up early and got it :)). I am pretty sure that FT will patch their bus. On the other hand, there's Airliner XP bus coming, too. I'll get it for sure and maybe FT bus will be parked in the hangar then. But until then, I intend to enjoy it. Makes life much more pleasant! Regards and smile, people, smile! :)Jure

Jure, nice to hear that some sanity still exists in this world. :)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

It all depends what you are looking for. When they are touting this as a *PIC* quality aircraft....negative on the flyby Maverick, it ain't.All of the bugs not withstanding, even if this were a perfect bug-free release, they did not even attempt to go the extra mile in regards to functionality. No fire warning or extinguishing functionality, many of the overhead elec and pnematic functions are unavailble, the pedistal amounts to nothing more than a placebo, weather radar...negative, open the main cabin door and heck why not open the rear cabin door at the same time like a subway car (ala, PSS B777!). ####, how lazy that they didn't even model working winshield wipers? Heck, I'd have been happy with a button that moved instead of an overhead and pedistal full to nonfunctioning buttons that cannot be used for anything including checklists and procedures. Oh, and Airbus has apparently moved the APU so it sits under the captain's chair so you need David Clark headphones to drown out the noise of the jet engine you are sitting on...AND the sound has a 1/2 second gap as it repeats. They should play the APU sound for prisoners in Guantanamo bay and I promise you that they'd give up Osama Bin Ladin within minutes rather than listen to that any more.Take a look at the functionality in the PMDG Queen, the LDS 767 THAT is functionality and THAT is taking it the extra mile for the $$$. Neither was perfect out of the box, but that's okay when you see the functionality that was already there that just needed to be tweaked. The Feelthere A320 is not even in that league AND we have NOT even began to touch the fact that this thing has more bugs than a rain forest!At the end of the day $50 gets you 5 flight models all of mediocre functionality. I'd rather have just ONE aircraft that has full "PIC" functionality than five aircraft that gives me not much more functionality than their simplified B777.As I said, if you don't really care about the details then this is not a bad release. The 3D model is pretty and it flies. If you are looking for LDS or PMDG quality, you'd as soon find ******* playing the xylophone dressed as Darth Vader at the Superbowl halftime show before you find it in the Wilco A320.