Sign in to follow this  
Peterwk

FS9 Freezes when selecting an aircraft

Dear All,

When I try to select an aircraft, I get an incomplete page with only the text and no aircraft image and FS9 then freezes.

May I ask if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

I run FS9 on Windows 10 since 2017 and this is the first time that this has occurred.

I even tried running FS9 with a clean FS9.cfg file, but this didn't fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Peter Keenan

P.S. I couldn't paste a screenshot showing the problem.  Not my day, I guess.

Just to say that I created a new aircraft folder with just some default aircraft in it and that didn't fix it.

Edited by Peterwk
Additional information

Just to say that I created a new aircraft folder with just some default aircraft in it and that didn't fix it.

Sounds like a basic corruption within the FS9 core files somewhere :(

Personally, I'd re-name my existing FS9 folder (or move it somewhere else completely), copy/move the existing scenery.cfg in your C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9 and run a fresh install. Assuming that works, copy your scenery files back into the new installation, don't forget the .cfg file. If you've got any commercial scenery or aircraft that won't copy successfully, you need to re-install those as well, but one step at a time ;)

Good luck :)

Hi Chris,

That's for getting back to me.

I think that I will have to follow your advice.

There are other issues as well, so I'll have a go soon at re-installing it.

Best regards,

Peter

Another possibility occurred to me … you may have one (or more) corrupt "flight" files, in your "your_name\Documents\Flight Simulator Files" folder, .FLT files and their associated .WX files. I've known problems with "example flights" supplied by third-parties to cause issues. Again, moving these to a "safe place" might help resolve an issue.

Good luck :)

Edited by chris_eve