Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: Drzewiecki Design Krakow

My latest review is of Drzewiecki Design's Krakow. This add-on features not only the main international airport (Kraków John Paul II, EPKK) but also Kraków-Rakowice-Czyżyny Airport (EPKC) in the city centre and a huge number of hand-modelled buildings and landmarks.

• Like 9

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Filbert in your reviews i would like to know if the runway frequencies for these addon airports autotune for the ILS as they do in the default airports that its replacing. There are a few addon airports that do not have this feature and some (myself included ) consider this a deal breaker. Some (or most) may be ok with manually entering the information but its absence indicates to me a forced removal (i'm sure unintentionally)  of database functionality for the Garmin  especially if it was there before in default config and i buy an add-on and its no longer there. (Is it possible that you could state whether the functionality is there or not in your reviews) ?

Thank You for your time and effort in doing these reviews for the community

Cheers

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

On 7/3/2021 at 5:03 PM, Maxis said:

Filbert in your reviews i would like to know if the runway frequencies for these addon airports autotune for the ILS

I'll try and do this. I won't make any promises though cos my reviews already take about 3 times as long to do as I'd like them to (I think 6 hours is about the average) and adding more into them fills me with dread! 😆

• Like 3

spacer.png

Great review as always Filbert👍

I've been to Krakow three times, absolutely brilliant place to visit and would recommend it.

they have that main airport pretty spot on imo, right down to the party bus waiting outside the main terminal😁

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

5 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

I'll try and do this. I won't make any promises though cos my reviews already take about 3 times as long to do as I'd like them to (I think 6 hours is about the average) and adding more into them fills me with dread! 😆

At the very beginning of every one of your excellent video reviews you approach and land at the airport. Simply stating that you are using the autotuned ILS approach would be a bonus of course (unless it landed somewhere other than the runway). 🙂

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

9 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

I'm really enjoying your reviews, but I agree that you may want to spend at least a minute or so talking about the airport functionality, not just the eye candy and textures. There are a lot of addon airports that have various basic features missing. Not just the already mentioned ILS autotune function, but also missing ground services, misconfigured or missing taxiway designations (which leads to ATC not being able to give exact taxiway directions) or other things like nonfunctional windsocks.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 3

On 7/5/2021 at 4:01 PM, Espana Pete said:

Simply stating that you are using the autotuned ILS approach would be a bonus of course

Yes, that's a fair point, I can definitely manage that! 😆

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 7/5/2021 at 10:47 AM, mrfilbert said:

Wow, never really took into consideration the time an effort you put into these fantastic reviews. We all owe you a debt of gratitude around here.. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1