Sign in to follow this  
werver

The best default scenery locations in FSX

So which location in FSX have the best default scenery? Seems there are some really nice locations scattered about, but finding them is hard part, at least in my experience. So the far best places I have found are:Zion National ParkBig Bend National ParkYosemite Valley in Yosemite National ParkRio De janeiroOne of the Hawaiian islands seems to be photo realistic, but I don't know the name of the island.What are the coolest scenery areas you have found?

Sion, Switzerland is nice.Rio, you know, is one of those places in FSX that got special design treatment.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Actually I'm most excited about the typical small to medium sized airport in FSX. The ones with a couple to 20 or so jetways / gates.They looks so much more ALIVE in FSX than any previous version. They look like airports.My FS flying is all over the world. In FS2004 and previous versions, this always involved a search for scenery. In FSX, much of the world is acceptable in the default format.

Hi RhettYes you are rightSion is real nice.Try a challenging short flight from Interlagen to Sion in a smaller aircraft.There are many nice places on Hawaii too.RegardsHenrik KorningBGGH

Guest Captain Behrentzs

21W!! One of the nicest locations in the world! I'm going there for real once . I did also find some pretty cool place in the jungle, but I don't remember the name thru. Try to search for "Amazon".---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkhttp://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4853/bannerigifru8.gifALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com

Yes Henrik,In real life I have been to Interlaken's airport, and it is in a spectacular location. Those valley walls to the south of Interlaken really DO go almost straight up and down.Flying "over the hump" of the Jungfrau, Eiger, and Monch to get to Sion would be a real challenge in a small GA aircraft. (!) RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

tncm - the best imomost of the alaska shorelinethe bearing sea coastline is ok too

Guest captaindobbin

This is a topic to which everyone should contribute. Sedona, AZ, especially with Xclass USA (must have) is one of my absolute favorites as it has a raised runway on which incidentally it is impossible to land the never-slowing Extra. I agree that Hawaii is good, particularly Lihue, Kaneohe, and Barking Sands. The flight from Sitka to PAPG is fun. Vancouver Intl and Seaplane (the runway is off so you have to start at a parking dock). Also, flying from Jacksonville down the Flordia coast. Marseille is well done (fly southwest from the airport) as it has the Ch

Since X-Class'ing the entire world (couldn't pick just one, so bought them all) the world looks much much better.Rio is a beaut.Tokyo is also good, but FPS MURDER - worse than New York. In fact I reckon Tokyo is where framerates go to die.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Hi Greenland,Thanks to Mace for mentioning Sion and to you for mentioning Interlagen, LSMI to Sion, LSGS. I had never heard of that area before and never realized how truly beautiful it is. I

I second that. I loaded up RJAA yesterday and was greeted with a throbbing 2.5 FPS versus the normal 20+ FPS I get at most other large airports with the settings I have.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Hi Greenland,>>Thanks to Mace for mentioning Sion and to you for mentioning>Interlagen, LSMI to Sion, LSGS. I had never heard of that>area before and never realized how truly beautiful it is. I

Rhett

Great thread - I'm aways looking for more good FSX spots.......Loads of great spots in FSX.Some I've listed I use with freeware addons, but they are still great with default FSX.Saltzburg, AustriaMost areas in SwitzerlandLas VegasTrento, ItlayOrcas Island especially using Birds Vol 4 thanks to David Roch - also loads of nice islandss etc in the area.Honolulu using photorealistiic scenery (some in FS9 as well).Santiago, Chile using excellant freeware mesh available on AvsimCoastal Puerto Rico using freeware landclass available on Avsimmany more - i'll be back with others as I think of them.by the way - I love FSX.......have fun