Sign in to follow this  
werver

The best default scenery locations in FSX

Guest alex333

I can only agree to Mango.Try the World Tour/Americas Tour-thread link and take some time to enjoy the beautiful pictures collected there. Some are really outstanding. I have a screensaver displaying FSX screenshots since ;)

Zion National Park is 45 miles NE of St George UT. Big Bend is about 240 miles South of Midland-Odessa, TX. Yosemite Park is East of Medesto CA.

Guest Speed

Off the beaten track I recall Lebanon, NH and Chatanooga, TN as standing out as geographically beautiful.

Guest LSflyguy

Some of my favorite "scenic flights" that I haven't seen mentioned as yet: - Kenmore Air Harbor to Chelan, WA (on floats!) - Denver to Vail (KEGE) or Aspen (KASE) in Colorado. Both offer difficult/dangerous instrument approaches so be sure to download your charts before you fly! Depart in late afternoon for some incredible mountain scenery. - Pick an airport anywhere in Colorado and fly to Salt Lake City. I love this route at dawn or dusk. Try it in the 747 with final approach over Provo, UT and watch out for the terrain! - Portland to Newport, Oregon - So many beautiful destinations in the Alps have already been mentioned. Munich to Innsbruck remains one of my all-time favorites. It's a challenging approach and the scenery is stunning. The San Francisco Bay area is another winner. Here are three recommendations: 1. Take off in a GA plane from any airport east of the Bay, such as KMCE, KMER, or KMOD. Do a touch-and-go ILS approach into Livermore (KLVK) to hone your skills, then work your way into the pattern for KSFO or KOAK. 2. Fly a light plane from Palo Alto to Half Moon Bay. A quick but beautiful flight. 3. Any Bay-area airport to Monterey, CA (KMRY). Will even handle a 747! - Any SoCal airport to Catalina Island, CA (KAVX). (Only suitable for light planes.) Finally, if you haven't seen Amsterdam-Schipol airport at night, it's quite impressive. In general, the areas in FSX that combine mountains and lakes/coasts keep me coming back for more. Hope you enjoy some of the above!

Oh yes, I forgot about Chatannooga TN. A nice flight is to start at Lovell field, then go west over the city of Chattanooga at a low level (fly low!). To your south is Lookout Mtn. Then follow the Tennessee River west, (it's almost in a canyon) and it will wiggle thru the mountains, and if you fly low and slow and follow the river, you will have some amazing views.You will come out of the mountain range at Nickajack Lake, in a wide valley that runs NE/SW. They make some good moonshine in those parts...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

>2. Fly a light plane from Palo Alto to Half Moon Bay. A>quick but beautiful flight. >Ah Half Moon Bay. I used to fly into Half Moon Bay Airport way back in the 80's. I had a STAR scenery disk for San Francisco. Of course back then, the scenery looked not as good as it does now!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

As a follow up...I've been having a look around...Some good points....We now have- Dome of the Rock,Jerusalem The Kaaba, Mecca Windsor Castle ( returned to us from FS2000 ) Peking is looking good ( airport and Forbidden City )We don't have-Angkor WatBorobudurMachu PicchuI was very dissappointed in Bombay- the airport was OK but I thought we should have got the Gateway of India and the Air India building on Marine Drive.Oh well..off for more exploring...Paul

try VRMM (Male, Maldives). It seems there was no Tsunami in the sim, so it is still very beautiful.