Sign in to follow this  
coldhoist

Fsx Will Not Start

All of a sudden out of the blue FSX will not start. It goes to the flash screen then stops. I have tried uninstalling FSX and then reinstalling after I uninstalled Acceleration. Still nothing happens. I am at a lost. Can anyone please help. Thanks   JShelton

This post may help!  

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If charliearon's post doesn't help you can try this. I no longer use FSX, but when I did and FSX would not start this was usually caused by a corrupt logbook.bin file.  You can try one of the free logbook editors available on AVSIM, opening the logbook and saving it. I think you can also rename or delete the logbook file and FSX should create a a new one, but you will lose existing flights if they are something you want to keep.  Good luck.

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

I have a nvidia gtx 960m, I downgraded my driver from 471 to last version of 466 if I remember correctly, thanks for the guy who said I should downgrade my driver. as again, thanks.

oh here's another thing, I did downgrade the nvidia driver but now most of my games don't work. is there a way to run fsx on the newest driver? (Beam NG Drive doesn't work)

thanks

Tried everything listed. Did research of the problem tried all suggestions, still no go. I am wondering if the only solution is a complete re-install of Win 10. I sure would hate to have to do that just to fix this problem as I am not willing to that. I will keep searching for a solution. Thanks

I checked my events viewer and every time I try to start FSX I see these entries---faulting module ntdll and NvCamera 32 dll ver.7.1 7730. I have no idea what any of this means. Can any one help? Thanks

Well I thought I had the problem solved. I rolled back the video driver and started FSX. It started and loaded data bases and scenery cfg and then it stopped again. That is about as far as it got. Still no go. Help.I am at my wits end. There should be solution to this problem.

You are not allone, I have exacly the same issue: 'faulting module ntdll and NvCamera 32 dll ver.7.1 7730' since 2 days. I have the latest NVdriver 471.11 who works well during 3 weeks. I also dried every things including deleting the FSX.cfg, checking the Steam integrity , shaders reactivation ...nothing works. ?

Are any of you who are experiencing the crashes, Ntdll, etc, using the DX10 preview mode without using Steve's DX10 fixer?  Just a thought!  I have so few! 🤔

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

For me it is now solved. It is due to incompatibility between Geforce -Experience  and Steam concerning picture and video capture .

Disabling 'Nvidia game overlay' in "GeForce Experience" fixed it with the latest driver 471.11.

6 hours ago, swiss1 said:

For me it is now solved. It is due to incompatibility between Geforce -Experience  and Steam concerning picture and video capture .

Disabling 'Nvidia game overlay' in "GeForce Experience" fixed it with the latest driver 471.11.

Disabled Nvidia game overlay. No go. Nothing happens. Thanks

6 hours ago, coldhoist said:
17 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Have you tried deleting the FSX.cfg? That is what used to fix it for me. Have a look at the AVSIM CTD Guide if that does not help:

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/93-avsim-ctd-guide/

I have deleted the cfg file seems like a hundred times. Did nothing.

The CTD guide should help find the answer, I know how frustrating it can be. Hang in there.

\Robert Hamlich/