Sign in to follow this  
coldhoist

Fsx Will Not Start

13 hours ago, swiss1 said:

For me it is now solved. It is due to incompatibility between Geforce -Experience  and Steam concerning picture and video capture .

Disabling 'Nvidia game overlay' in "GeForce Experience" fixed it with the latest driver 471.11.

many thanks, now all of my games run fine! (some games with old drivers didn't work) yes fsx works. thank you very much!

It is clearly a conflict between Steam and Nvidia overlay and  game optimisation after background updates off Steam interface and not a FSX issue.

For FSX  you must disable all optimisation and overlay setting and disable also the overlay option in the Steam setup.

New development. I tried re-installing FSUIPC4 and it would not finish installing, just set there for five minutes. Also said no FSX CFG found at appdata\roaming. I have NEVER had this problem before. Looks like there is something deeply wrong with FSX. Help.

10 hours ago, coldhoist said:

New development. I tried re-installing FSUIPC4 and it would not finish installing, just set there for five minutes. Also said no FSX CFG found at appdata\roaming. I have NEVER had this problem before. Looks like there is something deeply wrong with FSX. Help.

disable game overlay or revert your nvidia driver, mine had the same issue now it works fine on the latest driver. probably the most common problem

On 7/6/2021 at 2:05 PM, coldhoist said:

I checked my events viewer and every time I try to start FSX I see these entries---faulting module ntdll and NvCamera 32 dll ver.7.1 7730. I have no idea what any of this means. Can any one help? Thanks

do you have ezdok camera add-on, did you reinstall fsx? I did indeed reinstall windows 10 because my computer was junk and did not work, yet after OS reinstall it had the same issue.

I have disabled game overlay, nothing. I have reverted to old driver, nothing. I do not have ezdock. I have re-installed FSX so many times  I cannot remember, nothing. I have run repair too many times to remember, nothing.

If you have re-installed Win 10 and still have the same problem, something is very wrong. That really scares me, that just seems crazy. I cannot understand how a clean re-install of  Win 10 would not solve this problem. I was thinking about doing that, but now it seems like a waste of time. My computer is running perfectly fine and I am not about to wipe it clean just to get FSX running. I do not know what to do.

@coldhoist
There are 2 binary files that if corrupted, can cause FSX not to start, the logbook & the wxstations.
For the logbook just search here or google for something like "FSX logbook fixer".
For the wxstations just delete the "wxstationlist.bin" file & let FSX rebuild it. It is located in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

No harm in giving these a try. Better than reinstalling windows. Throughout the lifetime of my FSX install I have the logbook fail a couple of times & the WXStation list fail when trying new, freeware WX programs.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

9 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

@coldhoist
There are 2 binary files that if corrupted, can cause FSX not to start, the logbook & the wxstations.
For the logbook just search here or google for something like "FSX logbook fixer".
For the wxstations just delete the "wxstationlist.bin" file & let FSX rebuild it. It is located in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

No harm in giving these a try. Better than reinstalling windows. Throughout the lifetime of my FSX install I have the logbook fail a couple of times & the WXStation list fail when trying new, freeware WX programs.

I have disabled game overlay, nothing. I have reverted to old driver, nothing. I do not have ezdock. I have re-installed FSX so many times  I cannot remember, nothing. I have run repair too many times to remember, nothing.

If you have re-installed Win 10 and still have the same problem, something is very wrong. That really scares me, that just seems crazy. I cannot understand how a clean re-install of  Win 10 would not solve this problem. I was thinking about doing that, but now it seems like a waste of time. My computer is running perfectly fine and I am not about to wipe it clean just to get FSX running. I do not know what to do.

1 hour ago, coldhoist said:

Deleted "wxstationlist". bin. No go. No change. FSX logbook fixer found no errors in logbook. Thanks.

Just for grins....cut and paste the logbook.bin somewhere safe and restart FSX as a test.  Don't rely on a logbook fixer that finds no errors.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 hours ago, charliearon said:

Just for grins....cut and paste the logbook.bin somewhere safe and restart FSX as a test.  Don't rely on a logbook fixer that finds no errors.

Still no go. Same problem. Thanks

If you have knee board.dll try removing it... think it’s in the modules folder. 

All of a sudden mine just stopped working and it was down to knee board. 

Ps. If anyone knows how to cure this I’d be very interested as even a redownload / install doesn’t fix it and I miss it a lot 

Luke Pype

3 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

If you have knee board.dll try removing it... think it’s in the modules folder. 

All of a sudden mine just stopped working and it was down to knee board. 

Ps. If anyone knows how to cure this I’d be very interested as even a redownload / install doesn’t fix it and I miss it a lot 

I do not have knee board.dll in the modules folder. Thanks

SUCCESS----FINALLY. FSX is back up and running. After many re-installs and repairs,  I forget to do one other thing---repair Acceleration. Repairing acceleration is what solved the problem. Now it is back into the wild blue yonder. I want to thank all of you who offered assistance. Thank you so much my friends. Now all I have to do is re-install all of my add on programs. Yes!

In my case I seem to halve solved the problem by no longer running FSX SE in Win7 compatibility mode (something I tried to get FSX SE working in full screen mode. Did not work though).

I also uninstalled Power DVD and installed a newer GPU driver (Nvidia 496.76), but I think the compatibility mode was the problem.

Rob Robson