Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

EA in 5.2 Yes or No?

The lack of attention to the visuals and the slow pace of development doesn't fit well with it being a supposed new great feature.  It's almost as though they just dont care much that another platform is beating the pants off them in the visual aspect.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

53 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

Too much hassle and 'flaffing' about with all the EA, HDR, bloom, saturation etc. 😁

That's the profile I made in Simstarter call "Turn it all off". 🤣

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

It looks like for now I will stay where I am with version 5.1 hf 1 until LM gets things ironed out with EA. I hope that will be sooner than later!

Raymie

All said and done, I can't go back to legacy clouds now though, EA does look better IMHO.  Performance with my 3090 in 4k with everything maxed and additional VRAM useage tweaks is fabulous, just needs some more visual love and attention.

• Like 3

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

19 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

All said and done, I can't go back to legacy clouds now though, EA does look better IMHO.

I agree! I like the EA overcast, and the daytime environment looks more like a bright sunny day. And I have not seen any waffles since the hotfix. 

Maurice J

I've tried with EA (also using AS and ASCA), but I'm going to switch it off now due to:
- Awful night time visuals (so much so that I switched it off mid-flight yesterday)
- Way too bright at night time
- Too much haze all of the time at all altitudes
- Wrong colour depiction (orange moon reflections at night)
- Awful 'lines' across the sky parallel with the horizon as colour changes (most noticeable at night)

I am definitely not getting an "Enhanced" experience with this switched on. So, until they fix it, I'm going to let AS do what it does best.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

18 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

All said and done, I can't go back to legacy clouds now though, EA does look better IMHO.  Performance with my 3090 in 4k with everything maxed and additional VRAM useage tweaks is fabulous, just needs some more visual love and attention.

Kevin may i ask what settings do you have when using Active Sky, especially the Visual Settings. I read Max Surface and Max Upper Visibility should be set to 200? 

Also want to stay with EA and Volumetric Clouds...

Greets,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

Would love to have tomatoshade R&D preset working with 5.2 EA off.

guess that won’t happen?

Mike

I had very bad weather in NZWN yesterday but no precipitation on my wxr radar with FSLA320 using EA.

What is your settings in ASP3D?

and P3D for that matter with EA ON..

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

23 hours ago, raymie said:

It looks like for now I will stay where I am with version 5.1 hf 1 until LM gets things ironed out with EA. I hope that will be sooner than later!

Raymie

I'm with you. 5.1HF1 seems to be the most stable version compared to 5.2+

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Would love to have tomatoshade R&D preset working with 5.2 EA off.

guess that won’t happen?

Mike

Have you check this guys work? He use TS in 5.2.

Google Visuals by Pascal. 

Maurice J

2 hours ago, reecemj said:

Have you check this guys work? He use TS in 5.2.

Google Visuals by Pascal. 

I don’t think he uses TS in v5.2

Mike

Edited by mikeymike

On 7/4/2021 at 11:21 PM, Nocturnal said:

Here's my settings: EA ON + HDR OFF + Volumetric clouds (edited) + Envshade

I used the above config with legacy clouds also (Rex sky force) but after going through some flights with volumetric clouds, just cannot return to 2D/3D clouds. Yes it does look awkward/broken/meme in some situations but for the most part it works fine for me.

IN7VeeM.jpg

9MFJEDy.jpg

Looks fantastic ... what settings do you use for not having haze all around (especially in the first picture)?

Greets,

Markus

• Upvote 1

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

Markus,

Thanks for posting those screenshots.

I run a similar set up of v5.1 HF1  + ASP3D (latest beta, B7857), no Vol clouds + REX Skyforce + EA on + no HDR. I recently switched EA back on and played around with it for 2-3 flights, but I ended up switching EA off again because of one thing and that is the sharpness of the cloud outlines I find really annoying.

Its just too fuzzy (as demonstrated in your top screenshot) for my liking and there seems to be a halo on the edges of some clouds I noticed.

So after my little experiment I am back with the traditional Skyforce clouds and have EA disabled for now.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!