Sign in to follow this  
ShortFinal

P3D Update Rant

On 7/4/2021 at 5:44 AM, Dick said:

Yes. I feel your pain. I did the same and also saw the mess this delete generated files advice had given me.

However all the deleted files were still in the trash/recycle bin so I could restore them.

Dick

Hi Dick,

I'm in a similar situation with addon scenery after updating P3D....did you simply restore all the files in the recycle bin & problem solved?

If so I will do same & will resync orbx again...will this put back my original scenery library order as at the moment it's all over the place following the update?

Many thanks for your help & sorry for all the questions,

Rich

Yes Rich, A simple restore and everything was as before.  I did not restore the VolumemetricClouds CFG as mentioned in the LM instructions. Your scenery library order will be as it was at the time of running  this " Delete Generated Files" script.

The fact that your scenery library may not be in logical order does not have to be a problem. Did you set an insertion point in the ORBX central ? 

B rdgs / Dick

8 hours ago, Dick said:

Yes Rich, A simple restore and everything was as before.  I did not restore the VolumemetricClouds CFG as mentioned in the LM instructions. Your scenery library order will be as it was at the time of running  this " Delete Generated Files" script.

The fact that your scenery library may not be in logical order does not have to be a problem. Did you set an insertion point in the ORBX central ? 

B rdgs / Dick

Many thanks for your quick reply - that helped massively! Yes its restored my scenery library as it was & I have done the insertion point in ORBX. 

Next time there's an update I won't be running the delete generated files file again 😆.

P3D 5.2 HF1 seems to be much more stable though & looks awesome...very happy with this new update!

Appreciate the help,

Rich

Only in a 20 year old sim like ours would mean simply clicking on a menu cause the software to hang for 10 minutes and  then crash.... 

something as small as changing stand you get "please clear errors and try again"  so you go to click on weather to get rid of that bug only of course for it to ctd.

i give up sometimes with this hobby i really do.  

DSC-0036.jpg

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png