Sign in to follow this  
Alex Miles

Very Low FPS P3D V5

Hello, I was preparing for a flight yesterday and so updated my aerosoft a330 professional by installing the new updater, I then also installed imaginesim Atlanata and when I loaded into the sim I went from my normal 40 fps to around 8. I have tried all aircraft at loads of airports and I keep getting this huge loss in performance. I uninstalled these two addons and I am still getting the problem. I don't really want to reinstall P3D as it will take me days to get back to the same place I am at. My specs are:

GTX 1070 8GB, Ryzen 5 1600af, 1TB SSD, 16GB 2800MHZ RAM.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have similar problem to this original poster, I uninstalled p3d completely, and then deleted the remaining files. (Everything in the Program Files> Lockheed Martin folder) 

Then re-installed the whole package, but now, with Enhanced atmospherics on, and clouds set to Ultra, the FPS is down to about 12, when in the previous version of p3d I was getting 40 fps.

Have a new AMD 5600x processor, and that has worked wonders to turn up the sliders to the max, but now, thats all gone now.

If I put the clouds resolution back one notch below ultra the FPS goes up to about 20 or so FPS.

Also, if I turn off Enhanced atmospherics, the FPS goes back up to 40 FPS. (have the FPS limiter set to 40)

Someat wrong here methinks.

Its a shame as well because the enhanced atmospherics look really good........but only if you can set the clouds to the ultra setting!

They (Lockheed Martin) must not have tested this new version enough.😪

I personally would upgrade my RAM if I were you.

I would look at upgrading the CPU how old is a 1600af do they make it anymore, always CPU for the biggest performance boost, 16GB of ram is OK. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

36 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

I would look at upgrading the CPU how old is a 1600af do they make it anymore, always CPU for the biggest performance boost, 16GB of ram is OK. 

The specs isn’t the problem

why have I dropped from 40 to 8 FPS instantly 

P3d v5.2 now has three different weather modes.

The newest one, is that you can have EA (Enhanced Atmospherics) turned on, but if you turn down the 'Volumetric Clouds' slider to 'Off', the legacy clouds will then appear.

So, turning off these EA FPS killer clouds (and their lack of visual definition - always bright) and having the older clouds should pump up your fps.

I also have the add-on REX Sky Force, which adds much nicer cloud textures, and the two combined - REX and EA.....it looks great. 😃