Sign in to follow this  
Matheus Vallim

Xbox - Anyone

Hello.

I have played FS since FS98 and got all versions so far.

I spent hours, actually days, building a machine inside my budget. And got stutters, low FPS in cities like Paris etc.

I barely play MSFS, something like 1 to 2h a week, but I play it.

So yeah, I sold my PC (good time for selling it cause GPUs are expensive now) and bought Xbox Series X.

anyone here aiming to move to xbox? What are your expectations?

30 FPS in 4K (even if it is not in Ultra) sounds very good to me for £449.

I sold my PC for £850. I kept the screen.

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 3200MHz

GTX 1080ti

B450-F Gaming

1TB SSD

3TB HDD

Also, a new console comes every 3 years (maybe the next one will be a Xbox Series X plus?)? Reselling it for 150, 200£ and buying a powerful one for 400 or 500£ means an investment of 300, 350£ every 3 years for better graphs/performance.

Edited by Matheus Vallim

with a pc lower than yours i fly smooth, but not over paris..

i do not think many over here are going play on xbox...soon there will be yt vids showing it off.

the console should be pretty good, but its a closed system, so not everything thats possible on pc will be on console.

the vast majority of usermods will probbaly not be available on console.

otherwise its ofcourse a lot of bang for the buck, i do plan to get one too, but not special for msfs

I don't use MSFS as a game. So I need acces to the files and to the Community folder, also there is no FSUIPC on the console.

For me it's no question at all.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, Matheus Vallim said:

So yeah, I sold my PC (good time for selling it cause GPUs are expensive now) and bought Xbox Series X.

anyone here aiming to move to xbox? What are your expectations?

I'm not planning on selling what I have but I am fairly seriously thinking about getting an X Box X some time over the next two years -- If I can get one for $600 or less like I was originally led to believe.

I'd be curious to know how your experience with MSFS goes on the X Box X.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I am not a gamer, just a flight simmer, so for me X box would be a total waste of money. I would never use it. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

@Matheus Vallim I have almost the same config and have a pretty smooth experience everywhere, in photogrammetry cities too.

Maybe a better option would have been to tweak your graphic settings a bit...

55 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am not a gamer, just a flight simmer.

Flight simming is a game, so welcome to the gaming community. 

That said, an XBox Series s or x would already be sitting on my desk, if it weren't for the fact that neither supports ultra wide screen resolutions. 

Also, after that rumored "massive improvement in performance" my six year old PC is gonna run MSFS 2020 like a champ. Also, I might stand in front of the mirror one day and realize my junk has doubled in size overnight.....

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

I think if Cessna is not equipped with guns, or 747 is fully loaded with rocket launchers then Xbox players will not be much interested.

All Xbox gamers i know are shooters, and it is not a condemnation, rather fact.

Artur 

The Xbox is a very compelling idea. It'll hopefully be guaranteed to just... work. It'll plug straight into whatever huge screen you want. Development will be prioritised and uniform. 

BUT unless there'll be a way of using whatever mods I fancy it's an absolute no go for me. The idea of being tied to the existing marketplace and nothing else turns me off completely. 

I'll wait to see if they come up with anything for it on that front. 

18 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I think if Cessna is not equipped with guns, or 747 is fully loaded with rocket launchers then Xbox players will not be much interested.

this only proofs you have very limited group of friends, there is much more to do on xbox, like builders, farmsim, racing games

etc etc  ofcourse the majority will play shooters yes, but with millions playing 1 percent is already a lot of people.

do i think msfs is going to be succesfull on xbox, not at all in the longer run, unless they add lotsa stuff like career, adventures etc etc

• Like 1

I'm not sure if flightsim.to add ons will even work for X-Plane.

And then there is VATSIM.  At the moment, there is no confirmation if VATSIM will work on X-Box.

And then there are add ons from 3rd parties that aren't on the MSFS marketplace.

The number of peripherals available for X-Box are also not as good as PC (ie. every imaginable flight stick is available for PC but the same can't be said for X-Box).

Also, what about Navigraph? 

If a lot of stuff doesn't work on X-Box, you're probably not getting the most out of MSFS (unless you don't care for all the add-ons and accessories mentioned above).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, superspud said:

The Xbox is a very compelling idea. It'll hopefully be guaranteed to just... work. It'll plug straight into whatever huge screen you want. Development will be prioritised and uniform. 

BUT unless there'll be a way of using whatever mods I fancy it's an absolute no go for me. The idea of being tied to the existing marketplace and nothing else turns me off completely. 

I'll wait to see if they come up with anything for it on that front. 

wont happen with the mods, if they come, they come via the store only.

19 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

That's not true at all.  Sure, there are a million kids playing Fortnite, but lots of gamers are older.  The Atari 2600 generation is like 40-50 now.  There's a large demographic of older gamers.  I'm one of them!  I grew up on Atari and never stopped gaming. 

I know lots of simmers who are "gamers" too.  FPS games, sports games, RPGs, everything. 

Lots of my gamer friends are taking notice of MSFS.  They've never simmed before, but they've never seen a Sim that looked like this either.  Will they stick with it?  Maybe, maybe not, but Game pass will give lots of people an opportunity. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

The next patch is also going to have performance improvements.. So I honestly would have waited before deciding to sell, oh well too late now.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, wim123 said:

wont happen with the mods, if they come, they come via the store only.

Of course.

For me it depends on to what extent they open the marketplace. It'll never be the same full blown free for all as PC land, but some other console games like Fallout 4 have freeware portals they run and this really could do with the same. 

Edited by superspud