Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

21 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

If you are interested enough you can go to one of the voice websites

It depends on the quality of the delivered ATC product Pete.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

47 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

Hi Pete.

Yes, I have Pilot2ATC but I've never really gotten into it, largely because I do prefer key control. One day I'll feel confident enough to go on VATSIM. But not today. 

Too much is made of going on Vatsim.  It's really not all that intimidating.  If you are comfortable controlling the plane, that's about all you need.  I've only really gotten into flight simming in the past year, and, other than the first 2 or 3 times, Vatsim is pretty user friendly.  That said, I would love a great ATC program for when I want end-to-end coverage -- which almost never happens on Vatsim.  Another upside of a great ATC program would be consistency since Vatsim controllers -- by virtue of the volunteer nature -- can be hit or miss.

37 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

wrong pronunciation.

i'm sorry ray ...... but please explain.

an accent is an accent, why do many want "regional nuances" if all they want is "understood pronunciation"

crossing borders was a challenge if i recall.

for now, cheers

john martin

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It depends on the quality of the delivered ATC product Pete.

No, you misunderstand. I was just talking to your question about pronunciation, not advising you to change ATC or buy any voices.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

5 minutes ago, Iadbound said:

Too much is made of going on Vatsim.  It's really not all that intimidating.  If you are comfortable controlling the plane, that's about all you need.  I've only really gotten into flight simming in the past year, and, other than the first 2 or 3 times, Vatsim is pretty user friendly.  That said, I would love a great ATC program for when I want end-to-end coverage -- which almost never happens on Vatsim.  Another upside of a great ATC program would be consistency since Vatsim controllers -- by virtue of the volunteer nature -- can be hit or miss.

Yup - and if VATSIM could integrate AI controllers into its network to cover when humans aren't available, that would be ideal (though I get it's kinda defeating the point).

For me, a big issue is that my sim isn't hugely stable at the moment. This isn't a P3Dv5 thing mainly, it's just the combo of all the software I have. I would be worried that I'd keep having to explain why I was dropping offline mid-flight. Also I tend to fly most at times when there won't be much coverage - late night in the UK, but flying daytime in the sim. But I will give it a go one day.

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

& how about for AI comms, anyone interested (and I don't mean phonetics if not recorded)

for now, cheers

john martin

Just now, vadriver said:

i'm sorry ray ...... but please explain.

an accent is an accent, why do many want "regional nuances" if all they want is "understood pronunciation"

crossing borders was a challenge if i recall.

It's not the accent, it's the pronunciation. The capital of Cyprus is pronounced "Niko-See-Ah".

But one of the voices in RC pronounced it "Ni-co-shia".

Fair enough as they were American and the software they used probably didn't include a pronunciation guide.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That really surprises me. How can one person know everything there is to know about ATC rules and phraseology for both FAA and ICAO, trigonometry and crack the problem of controlling Ai in the ESP engine? That last one has never been solved to any great degree. My expectations have been lowered.

Well, Ray, that´s totally easy, if it´s a german (maybe british also) person who has worked as an airtraffic controller in several oportunitiy for Ground, approach, tower, and centers in Europe, decided to go to US, after a volunteered phase across asia, while he was working meanwhile as an commercial pilot for several years, now retiring as a well trained software engeneer who has for years already genius ideas how artificial intelligence can be used to create human like software algorithms.🤫 Doesn´t sound much complicated indeed.

P.S. there is one Person coming into my mind, and it´s this guy who invented this Iron-Man amor. He also had this computer named "Jarvais", which would be cool to have him for atc cotrol in our Sims. Oh, sorry i know, i know waht you will telling me....He´s American!

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The capital of Cyprus is pronounced "Niko-See-Ah".

??? .... in Chestershire I gather.

I love hearing different "pronunciations" with my TTS voices in VoxATC .... over Asia.

for now, cheers

john martin

25 minutes ago, vadriver said:

I love hearing different "pronunciations" with my TTS voices in VoxATC .... over Asia.

...i love the pronunciations of my First Officer which is provided by MCE together with PF3 ATC, when he make hi clearance request to "Palllma-di-Majoooca"

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

21 minutes ago, vadriver said:

No, by the BBC and probably the Australian Broadcasting  Service too.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No, by the BBC and probably the Australian Broadcasting  Service too.

A better representation of the pronunciation would be the one Google uses: ni·kuh·see·uh

The "co" might otherwise be voiced too long whereas it is very short.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson
  • Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pilot2ATC is actively developed by a very responsive developer. It's voice controlled though -- more realistic but, I know many prefer menus and buttons.

Pete

Sadly, Pilot2ATC does not manage AI traffic. Just fake chatter.

I am seriously considering MCE for voice comms. Sure it's still the default ATC but at least I'm talking. Ideally a dev would have to reverse engineer the default ATC to add realism. Shame it hasn't been done yet.

I somehow have the feeling thiswill not come with AIGFP Support... at least no one has contacted me yet.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I like the voice of that Ray Proudfoot fella in RC4 even though he yells at me a lot🤣

Edited by PATCO LCH

Vic green